Thread: Gypsy May

Default Gypsy May

As some of you know, I am working with a stray red heeler that we took in about two weeks ago. She is heart worm positive stage four. I took her in today for her spay and her initial work-up blood and xrays before they begin treatment next Monday. (She is still on antibiotics for all the hundreds of tics that covered her. ) She has been coming out of her shell and is the most beautiful, sweetest dog. I just wanted good thoughts to come her way as i am nervous about what the docs will find. Her abdomen is really swollen and they don't think it's pregnancy. She doesn't deserve this kind of agony and the former awful irresponsible owners of this dog deserve a special place in &*^% for their cruelty and negligence. It takes so little to heartworm protect a dog. So little.

God bless all of you who take in fosters on a regular basis and care for these babies. You are special indeed.

AuCaDo Veteran

Default Re: Gypsy May

Bonny Zali's Bentley is on high and strong positive thought from me for your Gypsy May.

Carol

for Gypsy May. She is a pretty girl for sure. I hope she comes through everything ok.

Turns out she was pregnant. Sigh. My first thought had to be for Gypsy's health. I feel sick about the choice I had to make. I pick her up later today. She needs more treatment for internal parasites but we start heartworm next Mon.
    Laura
    Doggy Mom to Zoey,Slick and Gypsy May(found as a stray but here to stay)

I'm so sorry, but you did what was necessary for Gypsy. 4 Bentleys glowing and positive thoughts as she goes through treatment.
    Diane~ Cindy, Freelee, Sage, Val, Belle and Kip, foster ACD mix

Josie, Ace, Rena, Annie, Bailey, Took, Grandma and Maggie~ CGC-gone but never forgotten

6. This post is liked by:

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I agree with jomarie6466(Diane). You did the right thing for Gypsy. How dare her past owners! Gypsy is so lucky to have found you or she would be dead. I hope she pulls through everything, and she can have a wonderful life with you.

8. This post is liked by:

For a caring, loving person, it is a very hard choice. But I believe you did the right thing for Gypsy. Bentleys on high here that her treatment goes well so that you can get her integrated safely into your family. She is so lucky you took her in!

Bentleys to you and Gypsy May. Thank you for helping her.
    Melissa, Pack Mom to ACDs Nash & Ginger (aka Super Size & Fun Size), with GSPs Lilly & Pepper at the Bridge.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Thank you all for your warm thoughts. Gypsy is doing better today. It's always a good sign when a dog's appetite returns. Despite everything, she has attached herself to my leg. If I sit, she lays against my feet. She is a keeper for sure. Guess I am about to become a permanent three dog family. She chose the one house in the neighborhood that would take her in. Smart dog and perfect disposition for my other two. Hopefully by the end of summer, after all treatment is over, she will be a puppy again.
    Laura
    Doggy Mom to Zoey,Slick and Gypsy May(found as a stray but here to stay)

12. 4 Users Like this: