PDA

View Full Version : Bentleys for Rody Jane

littleroads
11-03-2016, 09:34 AM
I would appreciate some Bentleys for Rody Jane today. We have a vet appointment at 5:00 to check out a hard lump on her right front leg. It is not attached to the bone, so I'm hoping that it can be easily removed. Rody Jane is 12-1/2, and otherwise in very good health. I am planning on having her around for a good long time yet!

sharirus
11-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Full on Bentley's coming from us

babswilde
11-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Two Bentleys and two meows coming from Northern CA for her!

jomarie6466
11-03-2016, 07:10 PM
3 Bentley's lit in Indiana. Positive thoughts and prayers as well coming your way.

littleroads
11-03-2016, 07:54 PM
So they took an aspirate...the vet thought that it was most likely a mast cell tumor; too hard to be a fatty lipoma. He will check out the aspirate and see if he can tell what grade it is, but in any case, he feels it should come off. If it's a grade 1 or 2, most likely it would not come back, or at least not in that spot, but if it's a grade 3, it would be more serious, and the likelihood of it coming back would be greater. A second surgery would likely not be successful, as there wouldn't be much skin left to close a wound. He'll call me back tomorrow, and let me know what they find.

Carol G
11-03-2016, 10:44 PM
A Bentley and strong positive thoughts from here.

jomarie6466
11-04-2016, 12:39 AM
Continued prayers and positive thoughts that it will be a Grade 1 or 2 tumor. I know that waiting to find out will be hard and you will be in my thoughts.

babswilde
11-04-2016, 11:49 AM
thinking of you this morning.

littleroads
11-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Thanks everybody! The lump is cancerous, but it is not a mast cell like he thought. Possibly a nerve sheath cancer, but he thinks if they can get it all, she has a very good prognosis. She goes in for surgery next Wednesday morning. They'll send the lump to pathology to find out exactly what we're dealing with. The trick will be healing that leg up, there is not a lot of skin to spare.

mom22acds
11-04-2016, 09:44 PM
Three more Bentleys here on high beam, Eileen.
We are thinking of you and Rody Jane and sending our very best wishes that they will get it all!

Carol G
11-04-2016, 10:48 PM
One Bentley still coming from here plus strong positive thoughts.

jomarie6466
11-05-2016, 12:30 AM
Hopefully, they can get all of the tumor with good margins. Will be thinking of you and Rody Jane on Wed and Bentleys will be on high along with prayers and positive thoughts.

littleroads
11-10-2016, 08:01 PM
Rody Jane came through surgery just fine. She has a full-length bandage on that leg, but is not limping, and doesn't seem to be in any pain. She's getting Rimadyl for a few days anyway...

The vet said that it was very vascular at the lump site, with a lot of muscles and tendons, and she didn't think she could get the margins that she would have liked, but did the best she could. The lump was sent to Marshfield Clinic, and we should find out within a week what type of cancer it is, and what stage. I am praying she got it all, but I know it was in a very precarious place, and if it comes back in the same spot, there won't be anything we can do about it.

Right now, she is feeling really good. She's 13 years old. She's had a great life.:pawup: I'm hoping for a little more!

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/onestarfish/My%20Dog%20Pictures/16_11-10Rody_zpspruuuvg4.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/onestarfish/media/My%20Dog%20Pictures/16_11-10Rody_zpspruuuvg4.jpg.html)

jomarie6466
11-11-2016, 01:14 AM
I know it must be difficult dealing with TwoLane's issues and Rody Jane's cancer surgery as well. It sucks that it was located in a bad place, but I'm hoping that the cancer won't return or at least take a long time to do so. I'm glad that Rody Jane is feeling well.

Carol G
11-11-2016, 04:16 AM
I'm happy to hear the surgery went well and Rody Jane is doing well post op. Still have the Bentley glowing for good margins and a slow growing, early stage cancer.

littleroads
11-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Well, her leg swelled up overnight, so I had to take her back in for a re-bandage. It's still a little swollen, hoping that goes down. Got the results, they believe it is a nerve-sheath cancer; it looks like the vet got most of it, but there were some microscopic cells close to the margin. It looks like it's localized, and possibly slow-growing - it sounds pretty much exactly the same as TwoLane has. So, we'll just play it by ear and see what happens now, and hope that this incision heals well. If it comes back, we'll deal with it at that time.

Carol G
11-11-2016, 11:05 PM
I hope the swelling goes down quickly. A Bentley still glowing here for clear margins.

jomarie6466
11-12-2016, 02:59 AM
Hope the swelling goes down soon and the incision heals well. I know there is no such thing as a good cancer, but a slow growing one sure sounds better. Positive thoughts and glowing Bentleys that you still have a long time with Rody Jane.

babswilde
11-13-2016, 05:36 PM
Hang in there, Rody Jane! We all love you!

littleroads
11-21-2016, 10:45 PM
I took Miss Roads in for the swelling, and they re-bandaged a little looser, but it swelled up again that night, so we removed the bandage altogether. She did manage to partially remove one staple, but I took her in yesterday morning to get them all removed. She has one tiny little open wound where that staple was, but I'm keeping the donut on her for another day or so, just to make sure it heals up good. She's getting around just fine - never limped at all through the whole ordeal. She is one tough cookie! And such a good girl. I sure hope I'll have her around for a good long time yet!