PDA

View Full Version : Jeannine`s Aussie

b.limey
08-14-2015, 08:59 PM
Aussie has had 2 mini-strokes in the last week, the second one today. Bloodwork is being done. Stiff-legged, staring at nothing, glassy-eyed and leaning to one side. Aussie is 14 and healthy apart from a few fatty tumors removed. It`ll devastate Jeannine if she goes out but as we all know, we can`t keep them forever. Bentley`s please. (Oops, should`ve put it in the Bentley thread.)

Carol G
08-14-2015, 09:11 PM
A Bentley from here and positive thoughts. Is there any possibility that it could be vestibular syndrome?

b.limey
08-14-2015, 09:49 PM
Don`t know anything til the blood tests come back tomorrow. I`ll keep you posted.

jomarie6466
08-15-2015, 12:09 AM
3 Bentleys shining and prayers and positive thoughts for Aussie.

littleroads
08-15-2015, 05:22 PM
Moved the thread, Gill. Bentleys shining here too for Aussie. How old is she?

b.limey
08-16-2015, 12:47 PM
14. J is going to call the Neurological Centre on Monday, the same place where Boo had his surgery. Her vet can`t find anything wrong. It`s like Deja Vu.

jomarie6466
08-17-2015, 12:11 AM
Hope it's nothing serious.

redcattle
08-25-2015, 09:23 AM
After my ACD Croydon nearly died from eating industrial lime and the massive surgery he had to remove a piece he had stuck in his intestine he was home for one day and had a stroke he is also old at 13 years of age. I also thought this was the end of him however blood tests and some more time in the intensive care section and medication called Plavix which he will be on for life has fixed the problem and he hasn't had another stroke. So please don't give up. I know yours is a different situation but as the surgeon explained to me my dog is over 80 in human years and people of that age are on blood thinners to prevent strokes and it is the same for dogs. Hopefully for you it will turn out to be the same thing as strokes can be bought on by surgery when a dog is elderly and Aussie may also just need to be put on blood thinners which thankfully are the same ones as humans take so they can be purchased at the pharmacy for far less than at the vets. However CROYDON AND I HAVE THE BENTLEYS ON HIGH HERE FOR AUSSIE AS I KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE IN YOUR POSITION AND I WILL PRAY THAT EVERYTHING TURNS OUT FOR THE BEST FOR YOU. ANNE AND CROYDON IN AUSSIE

b.limey
09-20-2015, 04:36 PM
Aussie is going downhill fast. She`s not eating at all and won`t even take a treat. J has a call in to the vet but it doesn`t look good. I just have the feeling it`s her time and J does too although she`s not admitting it just yet. It`s going to devastate her. She was about to schedule her own much needed back surgery next month too. ( Life is what happens when you`re busy making other plans.) John Lennon.

jomarie6466
09-21-2015, 12:16 AM
So sorry for Jeannine at this difficult time. :(

redcattle
09-21-2015, 08:40 PM
So sorry to hear that news I know this will be a hard time for you our thoughts and prayers are with you and many Bentleys lit Anne and Croydon in OZ

littleroads
09-22-2015, 08:01 AM
I am sorry to hear this, Gill. It's hard to think that way, but it could be that the timing of it would be right for her to have her surgery, as she could recover without having to worry about caring for her Aussie. And like you, when the time is right, perhaps Aussie will bring another dog into her life for her to love again.

Bentleys shining for Jeannine and Aussie. It is never easy.

b.limey
09-22-2015, 12:41 PM
J came over briefly yesterday. I gave her some Nutrical. It helps stimulate the appetite and works wonders on the kittens but if there`s other more serious things going on it may not help. We can only try and keep our paws crossed. The Bentleys of course will help. Keep `em shining.

Carol G
09-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Bonny's Bentley is on high

jomarie6466
09-23-2015, 12:29 AM
3 Bentleys shining.

b.limey
09-26-2015, 12:24 PM
Aussie is better as of yesterday. The vet upped her Prednisone. Guess she has the Boo back legs.

Carol G
09-26-2015, 05:00 PM
I'm very happy to hear the good news. Bentley will continue to shine.

Bonny Zali has the Boo back legs now. I'm doing everything I can think of, and it is a challenge.

b.limey
10-01-2015, 11:05 PM
Well, as long as Bonny will allow you to help her, touch her etc. Boo couldn`t do that. He fought me tooth and nail. I hope you have better luck. Btw, do dogs have to have a Bentley on their foreheads? Ricky has one on his chest and it`s shining.

Carol G
10-01-2015, 11:30 PM
McGill, my ACDx was like Boo, but Bonny Zali is the sweetest ever. I am very honored to have Ricky's chest Bentley shining for Bonny Z. Thank you

b.limey
10-26-2015, 11:54 PM
J called me hysterically crying today. The vet was coming over to send Aussie to the Bridge, she thinks she has internal bleeding and possibly from the brain. They`re trying one last thing but I think this is near the end. Please fire up the Bentleys for one last shot.

Carol G
10-27-2015, 01:55 AM
A fired up Bentley from here.

redcattle
10-27-2015, 07:09 AM
Every dog in our neighbourhood have been rounded up and have are all sending BENTLEYS Croydon and my Brock and I have BENTLEYS ON HIGH BEAM AND CANDLES LIT WHICH WILL STAY LIT FOR AUSSIE
Our prayers and thoughts are with you at this time Jeannine ANNE AND CROYDON AND THE NEIGHBOURHOOD DOGS IN OZ

littleroads
10-27-2015, 07:42 AM
The Bentleys are on here Gill, but maybe we should turn them on with a soft glow for a safe passage. If Aussie is bleeding from the brain, she would have no quality of life if she did survive. A peaceful passing in Jeannine's loving arms would be a gift to Aussie. I hope Jeannine can look at it in that way. My heart goes out to her.

jomarie6466
10-27-2015, 08:46 AM
I am so sorry that Aussie's condition has deteriorated further. Making the decision to let a beloved dog make the journey to the Bridge is the hardest thing and I hope that Jeannine will have the strength to do what is best for Aussie. Hugs to Jeannine and you and Bentleys glowing for Aussie.

redcattle
10-27-2015, 07:55 PM
So sorry to hear that Aussie has not improved we have our candles lit and Croydon has his paws crossed. However if Jeannine and you have to make the decision for Aussie to make the journey to the beautiful Rainbow Bridge where so many friends await I am sure she will be making it for the comfort of Aussie. You will never forget the memories you had with Aussie they will always be with you and she knows how much she was loved and she loved you. She made a paw print on this earth that will remain forever. Hugs, prayers and thoughts are with you at this time Anne and Croydon in OZ.

b.limey
10-27-2015, 11:40 PM
Aussie is going to the Bridge tomorrow. A seizure lasting40 minutes last week and another one today. Lower the Bentleys to a gentle glow to help her on her way.

jomarie6466
10-27-2015, 11:58 PM
Please tell Jeannine that I am very sorry that she has to make this decision for Aussie. 3 Bentleys softly glowing to guide Aussie to the Bridge.

Carol G
10-28-2015, 12:33 AM
My thoughts are with Jeannine.

redcattle
10-28-2015, 02:56 AM
Please let Jeannine know that Croydon and Anne are praying for her during this difficult time and that Aussie has a safe journey to her many friends at the Bridge we have 6 candles lit that will glow all night to help lead the way our thoughts are with you Anne and Croydon in OZ

b.limey
10-28-2015, 11:11 AM
I don`t think J will be communicating with anyone for a while, even me. She tends to shut down when bad things happen. Ei, it`s interesting you mentioned a new pup eventually. He brother who lives upstairs just got a six week old GSD this Monday. Sadie. She`s already into involving herself in her training as he`s not had a dog before. Hopefully this will be a good distraction for her once she gets over her initial grief.

b.limey
10-28-2015, 10:33 PM
I just wrote a lengthy tribute from Boo to Aussie on the Rainbow Bridge, I was crying as I wrote it. Posted it, went back to re-read it and it`s gone. Can`t do it again tonight. F**k!

littleroads
10-29-2015, 07:38 AM
Bet you forgot to hit the Post or Submit button...drat. :( Please try again today.

Carol G
10-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Ei, sometimes if I take a long time with a post, and have to log back in, the post will disappear. It seems to be a function of how long I take as other times it will show up as posted after I log back in.