PDA

View Full Version : Vet visit today

jomarie6466
08-13-2014, 09:24 AM
I would appreciate prayers and Bentleys for my old dog, Grandma. She didn't eat yesterday, threw up bile a couple of times and her breathing is labored. She ate a little this morning, but just walking outside made her pant and she didn't do her crazy little run to the back door this morning. She is about 14 yrs old and a failed foster from the shelter where I used to volunteer. I have had her for 6 yrs this month. My regular vet is out of town until Monday so we are going to another vet this afternoon.

Laurarenken
08-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Will be thinking good calm thoughts for you both. Hope all goes well.

The1AndOnlyWay7
08-13-2014, 10:59 AM
You're all in my prayers!

sharirus
08-13-2014, 11:56 AM
I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

Hope the vet can help.

Carol G
08-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Bonny Zali's Bentley is on high and prayers/positive thoughts from me for Grandma

Carol

jomarie6466
08-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts! Grandma has a heart murmur, enlarged heart and fluid on her lungs. She will be taking Enalapril, Furosemide and Vetmedin to help her heart and reduce the fluid on her lungs. Everyone in the vets office fell in love with her and were intrigued by her name. She is a tough little dog and hopefully will be around for a while yet.

littleroads
08-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Bentleys on high here for sweet Grandma.

jomarie6466
08-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Grandma seems a bit perkier today. Still not eating great except for the pieces of hot dogs that have her pills in them, lol.

Carol G
08-15-2014, 03:01 AM
I'm so happy to hear Grandma is doing better.

Carol

badeggsalad
08-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Oh my, how did I miss this? So glad to hear that Grandma is doing a bit better and that you'll be able to manage her condition. :bentley: still lit for her and positive thoughts. I hope she continues to improve.

littleroads
08-15-2014, 09:49 AM
It could be that the meds are affecting her appetite. At least it's good that she's taking her pills, and if she wants hot dogs, hot dogs she shall have.
;)

jomarie6466
08-15-2014, 10:33 AM
I switched Grandma's food around, but she still has little interest in it and it could be the meds like Eileen said. I'm not worried about giving her hot dogs, at this point nitrates are the least of my worries. Her tail is wagging and she is chewing on a cow hoof so that is the main thing. I know it is just a matter of time at her age and we will just enjoy each day. Thanks to everyone for the prayers, Bentleys and well wishes.

jomarie6466
10-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Grandma had a check up for her heart murmur today. Last year she was in congestive heart failure and had a Grade 3 heart murmur. She has been doing good on meds, but her heart murmur has progressed to a Grade 4 which is not unexpected. The vet wants me to take Grandma to their other location so they can do a cardiac ultrasound on her to get a better diagnostic read of her condition. It's not an immediate concern, just need to go in the next month or two. She has also lost a couple of pounds. She is doing pretty good for a 15 yr old dog.

Carol G
10-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Sounds like Grandma's check up was pretty good! Good for her.

Galaxy Blue
10-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Oh Grandma I hope she continues to improve on her medicine. I hope there will be good news with her ultrasound.

jomarie6466
10-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Thanks, Bailey. Grandma seems to be feeling fine and I will have to check into the cost of the ultrasound first. I also want to check with another vet friend of and what all it involves. I don't want to put Grandma through something that might be stressful for her. She was shaking when the vet was listening to her heart which she normally doesn't do, but he took a long time to make sure exactly what he was hearing.

Galaxy Blue
10-11-2015, 12:45 AM
It's always a good thing to way in weigh in how they will do with their stress level. Hadiee hasn't been going to our normal vet, just the mobile vet. The normal vet is just way too stressful. We are going to try the thunder jacket. She screams and I mean a blood curtling screams and howls at the vet. She would try to bite anyone. Which she can't with only a few teeth. She was traumatized when she had her teeth removed and the rest cleaned. She will need her mouth looked at soon, and I'm sure more will need to be removed. She will get so stressed she pees pure blood when she comes home. The wonderful mobile vet that I see agrees with me its just not worth the stress. A vet visiting my home is less stressful for her. Maybe a Thunder jacket might help grandma feel more calm.

redcattle
10-21-2015, 06:19 AM
BENTLEYS ARE ON HIGH HERE FOR Grandma and our prayers and thoughts are with you at this time Anne and Croydon in OZ