PDA

View Full Version : Bentleys needed for Grandma

jomarie6466
01-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Grandma didn't eat well yesterday or this morning and I noticed a large swelling near her anus. It is painful and she goes to the vet today at 3:00. Bentleys and prayers would be appreciated. She is at least 14 yrs old so I don't know that she could make it through surgery. I love this little old dog.

leesam
01-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Good luck.

littleroads
01-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Bentleys shining on high for Grandma, Diane. I think I know how much she means to you.

Carol G
01-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Bonny Zali's Bentley is on high and very strong positive thoughts from me. It could just be an infected/impacted anal gland (had that with a cat before and it didn't require more than a couple vet visits).

Carol

HKFaith
01-10-2014, 03:37 PM
3 bentleys here for Grandma. Hoping for good news from the vet.

jomarie6466
01-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Thank you all for the Bentleys and positive thoughts. Grandma had an infected anal gland (good call, Carol) and a temp of 104.7. $143.00 later Grandma is on antibiotics and very unhappy to be wearing an ecollar. If looks could kill, lol. Just so glad it wasn't anything worse and everyone at the vet's office loves Grandma and was so kind to her. I hope she lives to be 100 :)

Carol G
01-10-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm so happy it wasn't anything really serious. I've been thinking about Grandma all day. I hope she lives to be 100 too.

Carol

jomarie6466
01-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Thanks, Carol. Grandma might live to be 100 in dog years, lol. She, Cindy and Freelee all came from the HS where I volunteered and have been together for 5 1/2 yrs. I'm not normally a fan of small dogs, but she was old and Freelee was a puppy mill breeder so I made an exception for them. Grandma has so much personality and is always in a good mood. She makes me smile just looking at her.

littleroads
01-10-2014, 09:12 PM
This is the BEST.NEWS.EVER. Soooo happy for you and Grandma! Well, maybe Grandma isn't so happy, but I am happy for her, lol...

Did you name her that, btw, or did she come with that name? There must be a story. :)

jomarie6466
01-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Thanks, Ei. Yep, Grandma is not happy to be wearing the cone of shame and let me just say, she has "stink eye" down as well as any ACD could do, lol!

Yes, there is a story to her name. She was picked up by one of the board members for the HS where I used to volunteer/work sitting in the middle of the road. She was grey from rolling in the dust to combat all the fleas as well as missing hair from trying to kill the fleas and her nails were so long they were curled into the pads of her feet making walking difficult and painful. Erica was going to name her Hailey, but when we rolled her over to cut her nails everyone commented that she must have had a lot of puppies during her life. I said that she had probably had so many puppies that her puppies had had puppies and that she was a grandma. And the name just stuck and it really fits her. She is a feisty old girl and everyone that meets her loves her and they always remember her.

littleroads
01-11-2014, 12:37 PM
I know I would love Grandma too! ♥

Carol G
01-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Well, Grandma certainly hit the jackpot when that board member picked her up. She has a great life now!

Carol

badeggsalad
01-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Yay for Grandma that it turned out to be nothing serious! :pawup: I haven't been on in a few days, so hadn't seen this. Glad to see the new development comes complete with a happy ending, stinkeye notwithstanding. :lol:

jomarie6466
01-13-2014, 01:37 AM
Grandma has now resorted to pitiful, whimpering now that she has to sleep in a crate at night. She also manages to step on her cone because it is a soft, heavy duty paper one. Then she stands there looking pitiful. It is awful, lol. She also tried panting to let me know she was dying of thirst. If they gave Emmy's to dogs for acting, Grandma would be a winner for sure. She does not make a good patient and feels that she is being terribly abused.

littleroads
01-13-2014, 08:37 AM
Is there a different type of e-collar she could use? A ProCollar maybe? That worked pretty well for ours. There's also something called a BooBooLoon collar that I'd like to try next time we need one.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=boobooloon&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=1696113038&ref=pd_sl_nytaz8ypu_p

I gotta say, my dogs have been pretty good patients when they had to be - it's me that hates those darn lampshade cones, cuz they hit my legs with them!

jomarie6466
01-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Ei, I don't think it would matter what kind of collar I put on her. This one is very soft and not uncomfortable, it is the fact that she has to stay crated that has her nose out of joint. That and the fact that she can't lick the area.