PDA

View Full Version : Bentleys for Rody Jane

littleroads
11-22-2013, 08:03 PM
She has been acting "off" for the last 24 hours. Kind of slinking around instead of her usual bouncy self, hasn't eaten anything since last night. I think she had some water this morning. Hasn't barfed anything up though. She hasn't had anything unusual to eat, nothing that the other two haven't eaten...she doesn't get into the garbage or eat anything else that's not given to her. She's acting like she does before a storm, only there's no storm. Not sleeping in her usual place...when I let her outside she went and laid down, which is REALLY unusual, especially since it's COLD here now. Normally she would go out and do her business and come right back in.

If she's not any better by morning, we'll be making a trip to the vet.

babswilde
11-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Oh sweetie! Hopefully its just a quick bug for her! 2 Bentleys and 2 meows for RJ!

leesam
11-22-2013, 08:23 PM
FYI: there is a Circovirus making its way across the country, making dogs sick. It might make you sick too. Zoonotic viruses are kind of interesting - they're a big deal in epidemeology/virology research with all the emerging Influenza strains.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/10/03/dog-virus.html

Carol G
11-22-2013, 09:20 PM
A Bentley and good positive thoughts from here.

Carol

2speckledblue
11-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Oh no, Bentleys and prayers for Rody Jane!!!!

jomarie6466
11-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Ei,

4 Bentley's shining for Rody Jane. It made me think she might have a blockage when I read this, but hope that is not the case and hope it is nothing serious. Please keep us updated. We know how much you love your skinkwad girl.

littleroads
11-23-2013, 10:52 AM
She is a little better this morning. Still not quite herself, but she ate half her breakfast, half an egg, and is working on a peanut butter Kong right now. I'm thinking she will be OK. She went out and peed this morning, no vomiting or diarrhea, but will keep an eye on her the rest of the day. Hate when this stuff happens on a weekend.

Mel2001
11-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Glad your Stinkwad is feeling a little better. Nash and Ginger go through bouts of that. I don't know if it's something they eat in the yard, or what, but it will take a day or two to work through their systems.

littleroads
11-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Today she is totally fine. Jumped up on the gate to greet me when I got back from shopping. Turned up her nose at her regular kibble, but ate all of it when I put the hamburger and rice in with it. She's fine again. Whew!!!

RickAKAFishslayer
11-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Today she is totally fine. Jumped up on the gate to greet me when I got back from shopping. Turned up her nose at her regular kibble, but ate all of it when I put the hamburger and rice in with it. She's fine again. Whew!!!

That's good news. I hate it when a furkid is sick. When Dingo gets that way I usually follow him around till he poops. Obstructions are a big fear of mine along with foxtails.

Rick:paw:

badeggsalad
11-27-2013, 06:06 PM
I totally missed this! Glad to hear Miss Stinkwad is back to her normal self. It's scary when they get sick.

My two got sick back in late September and we haven't been to the dog park since because of the circovirus leesam mentioned. There have been four cases south of Dayton and two of the dogs died. One of my dog park friends' dogs got sick that same weekend too, and had to be hospitalized and hydrated intraveneously. He had dangerous blood sugar drops, bloody diarrhea, and vomiting. My two just had vomiting and diarrhea and I had to take a day off work, but no hospitalization needed and they were back to normal within a few days.

(I have a very strong suspicion that my friends' dog and my two might have had the circovirus, but their dog Shadow just had it worse. Apparently it doesn't always affect animals severely. The researchers think that some dogs may have an immunity even though they may be shedding virus and be asymptomatic. Sometimes dogs get sick and don't become seriously ill. Basically, they don't really know what's going on yet. I'm playing the better safe than sorry route and staying home, no more dog park.)

jomarie6466
11-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Glad to hear that your two boys are ok. That is scary!