PDA

View Full Version : For Chip

Belgrael
05-09-2013, 05:49 AM
Many of our newer members won't know Chip but he and his brother, Bud, are the reasons this forum exist. They, and this forum, are also the reason we now run a national rescue organisation in Australia to save these breeds and the other herding breeds.

Chip needs all the bentleys you can light right now after being diagnosed with advanced cancer of the liver and possibly the spleen as well.

He's shown signs of Cushings the last few weeks and after Carey and I had to go away for a week we left him with my mum to look after him and Bud and given he was pretty stable we felt comfortable resuming his tests when we returned so today he went for his ultrasound and were given the bad news.

We don't know how long we will have him for but he is my heart and soul dog so I could really use the Bentley network right now to allow him to be comfortable and stay with me as long as possible while he is not suffering. I don't know how I will bear it when he goes.

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/24299_10151378155299022_277089458_n.jpg
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/547720_10151410833024022_1652407288_n.jpg

With Bud and their sister Nimble (kelpie pup)

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/902525_10151423667689022_400684221_o.jpg

littleroads
05-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Oh Di...my heart hurts for you with this news. I pray you have many good days left with Chip, and that when that time comes, that he passes peacefully. He already knows how very much you love him. It's harder on the hearts left behind, I think, to deal with the loss. We owe Chip - and Bud - a huge debt of gratitude for this forum and for the friendships formed over the years.

We will keep our Bentleys on soft glow for Chippy-Monster. Things happen for a reason, and while Nimble can never replace Bud or Chip, it could just be that they had a paw in getting Nimble to you at just the right time so that your hearts would not be empty when it is time for them to take their next journey.

Hugs, Di, and Carey too. Spoil your boy rotten. (Like you don't already.) :)

jomarie6466
05-09-2013, 08:11 AM
This brought tears to my eyes to read. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for Chip. Like Ei said, it is so hard on our hearts and having lost our heart dogs, we know what a difficult time this is for you. I'm sure that you will cherish the time with Chip and I hope that he will be able to be with you for a while yet. Words are never enough to convey how this hurts us all knowing you are all suffering. We are thinking of you and Chip and Bentleys are glowing for Chip, you and Carey.

babswilde
05-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Bentleys from Titan and Bandito, for comfort and peace for our Chip-a-roni.

Carol G
05-10-2013, 11:52 AM
A Bentley shining and strong positive thoughts coming from here for all of you.

Carol, Bonny Zali, Atty Cat & Big Al

Nevada001
05-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Di

For Chip. All 3 bentleys are glowing bright for Chippy. He has been such a large part of your life. Will be keeping positive thoughts for you, Carey and Chippy.

Jean & Crew

Mel2001
05-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Bentleys on high from Nash and Ginger for Chippy-Monster! Prayers that you still have a long time left with him.

:)

cowgirl_tuff44
05-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Bentley's from MI for Chip!

2speckledblue
05-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Four Bentleys for Chip from MN

badeggsalad
05-19-2013, 02:11 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. It's very upsetting & saddening. I have been through similar before with my first dog & there's just no getting around it being absolutely devastating. My heart aches for you.

A giant, huge, super bright Bentley lit for Chip. :bentley: I will pray that you are blessed with many more good days to enjoy together with Chip for as long as possible.

redcattle
05-25-2013, 12:58 PM
:bentley::bentley::bentley::bentley::bentley::bent ley: All the Bentleys I can summon up from Croydon and his ACD mates are being beamed your way if there is any assistance you need please ask you do so much for all of us both human and four legged I am so so sad to hear this news we will be thinking of you all Anne and Croydon

gwynkb
09-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Hi Di - I've been off the forum for a long time - my god I'm so sorry for CHip!!!! Bentley's shining here. How is he?