PDA

View Full Version : Cookbook stalemate

littleroads
11-27-2011, 10:41 AM
I think we've kind of come to a standstill on the 2011 cookbook (which won't make it out this year anymore). It got bogged down several times, and while there are several very faithful workers, we had a large number of people who originally volunteered to help drop out (& some with very legitimate reasons, I don't want to imply that they were slackers!) but of course that made it a bigger job for those left.

I'm still hoping to have one completed and for sale in 2012 to raise funds for ARF; the recipes are archived in 2011, and I'll be posting new threads for new recipes for 2012 just because it's fun, but not sure we'll try a cookbook project again after this one.

I do want to thank all of those who put so much hard work in so far, and crossing fingers we can still pull it off. We would still need pre-orders to be able to cover the cost and go ahead with the project, but we'll let everyone know if/when we're ready for that.

In the meantime, there are some really good recipes out there. Will get the new threads going asap.

k9blueheeler
12-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Know the feeling. Our regional club tried one a couple of years ago. Sounded like a great idea and everyone was ready to help but then backed out. We are going to try again next year I think.