PDA

View Full Version : Jynx agility vid.

krroman3
12-25-2010, 12:38 AM
Here's a short video of Jynx at puppy agility class! She's so much fun! Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMCbaDoFO5Y

redgirl
12-25-2010, 03:24 AM
Looks really good foundation work. Are you going for the full running contacts? I only ever managed it properly with one (ex) dog - phenomenal when you can get it absolutely right!

krroman3
12-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Are you going for the full running contacts? I only ever managed it properly with one (ex) dog - phenomenal when you can get it absolutely right!

We've only done the dog walk a few times, just getting them used to running on it, and bailing safely. We're actually working with a travel board for the contacts.

redgirl
12-26-2010, 03:41 AM
Sorry - all things agility fascinate me!! The travel board - is that with a view to 2on-2off contacts later or 4-on-the-floor or running contacts? Which contacts does your trainer favour? (There is no right way for contacts - so long as it is reward based - just what works for individual dogs. I've trained different sorts for different dogs over the years....some with more success than others - lol!)

krroman3
12-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Sorry I should have explained myself better. We're doing 2 on 2 off. The trainer has mentioned that we can choose which way we would like to teach contacts if we have a preference, but that is the way she teaches it.

redgirl
12-27-2010, 03:53 AM
It's my preferred way these days too, as it allows for great speed, but also gives a default mode should things go wrong some time in the future. The best advice I can give is to mentally have a snapshot of what that 2o2o should look like - exactly where each foot should be - and require that every time - no tiny variations even. BUT big rewards every time you get it too - imagine you have just won the lottery millions!