PDA

View Full Version : Canoeing with Yoda

sierrasuenos
04-11-2007, 01:42 PM
This is just a funny little tid-bit of one of my fabulous memories of my sweet girl. One that is so clear, if I close my eyes, I can almost relive it.

My dogs, given the situation, do every thing with me. Car rides, walks, picnics even sleep with me. So hey why not canoing? LOL This happened back in the day before Olivia, and we were more foot loose and fancy free. We packed every one up and headed for the lake. We paddled out to our secret hot spot and dropped our lines in the water. Reina was in the back half with Mike and Yoda was up front with me. The fishing was HOT. It seemed like the Lake Trout were limitless. Yoda was having to much fun trying to help me release them, luckily all came off the hook unharmed. :Smiles (6):
We were having so much fun, time just flew by. Looking back though, I bet we were out there for a couple of hours. Yoda started to get a bit antsy. I told Mike that we had better get back to shore because Yoda has got to go potty. Before we could even get the paddles in the water, she squat. She looked up at me with that heart felt apologetic look we all know so well. She had propped each leg to the sides of the canoe so she would not have to step in it. Heaven forbid! LOL Looking at her surroundings she quickly realized there was but one solution. Up and out.

She bent her body back wards in preparation to jump. Luckily I knew exactly what she was thinking, and I did the only thing I could think of. I went limp. Knowing that if I fought it we would capsize in a heart beat. So in that moment we became one. Our bodies completely in tune with the motion. We landed on the cooler and the tackle behind us and the canoe suffered very little rocking.

I was hysterical with laughter, choking on her tongue that was licking me about a thousand licks per minute. It reminds me of the way Dino kissed Fred Flinstone. I will never forget that day. It still brings a smile to my face. I just had to share. Its the simple things in life that make it so grand.

This is just a picture of a day at the lake, and don't worry, Olivia did not go out. She just wanted to sit in it. LOL

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/sierrasuenos/Dogs/CanoeingwithYoda3.jpg

I miss you girl!

Lisa in NH
04-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Cute story! It's so funny what little things in life will remind us of the ones that are no longer with us. For me one of the things that always makes me think of my Freckles was everytime a dog came on the television he would bark and bark at it...nothing else...just other dogs. It was like he could never figure out how they got into his house without him noticing! I still miss him so much...as I'm sure you do Yoda. They leave such holes in our hearts!

Peppercayenne
04-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Wonderful story! I could just picture that! It brought me a smile, thanks for posting that! Great picture too.
Shirley

Belgrael
04-15-2007, 07:36 AM
You gotta love those big passionate kisses when they have us at their mercy don't you?! :s18:
LOL
Chip is an expert at those! :s8:
I loved your story Erin! We keep meaning to take our boys out in the boat, but so rarely get out ourselves at the moment, we just haven't been able to plan for it. Have to get 2 doggy life jackets first anyway.

Thanks so much for posting that.