PDA

View Full Version : Westminster Show

droverdog
02-15-2010, 03:52 PM
FYI the, Westminster Kennel Club Show is tonight and tomorrow. There will be 3 new dogs breeds showing that were just accepted into the AKC last year. 2 of the 3 are herding dogs.
The Irish Red & White Setter
Pyrenean Shepherd - herding
Norwegian Buhund - herding
Ok, so I doubt the ACD will even place, :( but it will be nice to see it's familiar face anyway there. BUT! If we keep our fingers crossed and Bentley's lit, :bentley: maybe, just maybe, the ACD showing, will find favor with the judge and place!
What do you think, guys? Do we stand a chance? :pawup:
Dea

TexasCDLorenz
02-15-2010, 05:14 PM
I will keep my fingers crossed! Are any of your dogs in the competition (I don't keep up with conformation)
Anyone on the forum have a dog entered?
I'm hoping for a Rottie to win the working group!
Also waiting to see the Buhund.
But I would bet that a Terrier will take Best in show (seems to be a trend)

droverdog
02-15-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't a have a dog in the show. :( Sure wish I did! That would mean, I'd have a pretty awesome dog! :lol:I'm not into confirmation myself, but I enjoy this Westminster show. We get to see what the top breeders are doing with different breeds and how true they stay to the breeds. I would at least like to see a Australian Shepherd, Collie, Border Collie or Sheltie, win if the ADC didn't. But I'm still hoping for the ADC. :pawup: Please Mr Judge Judgeperson, please pick the ACD! We want to see history made this year! ;)

Dea

k9blueheeler
02-15-2010, 10:37 PM
I have several friends there with different breeds of dogs. I know that Kim won the Breed with Brick. The photo is an awesome photo. It will be interesting to watch the group tonight. Wonder what the placement is going to be? Maybe this will be Kim's year to place in group.

droverdog
02-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Kim has a Cattle Dog? What kind of dog does she have? I'll look for her.

k9blueheeler
02-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Kim as in Kim Griffith a pro handler. He has handled ACD's at the show. He has Brick a red and more likely go first. He's a friend of mine and an ACD guru. Dogs love him.