02-07-2010, 03:36 AM
April 9,10,and 11th
Craig Watson Cattle and sheep clinic
Canada Larga Riding Stables
Ventura,Calif.
Info: Adrian Lopez (805) 451-9387
Email Craig
([email protected])
Friday private lessons: 1hour 75.00 prepaid. Day of 100.00 Saturday&Sunday 12 working slots 240.00 for two days. Audit 25.00 a day Loose eyed and eye dogs welcome (All herding breeds). 400x200, 200x100, 50x50, round pens. Beef cattle, and Barb sheep.

Linda Watkins
02-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Whiiiinnnne! I would LOVE to go to this clinic, but too far & too pricy -- although Craig is well worth the price! If anyone is thinking about it & isn't familiar with Craig Watson all I can say is GO -- he's a great guy & if his clinics are anything like his judging it will be a lot of fun, very informative and an all around good experience.

Belgrael
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Whiiiinnnne! I would LOVE to go to this clinic, but too far & too pricy -- .
You reckon it's pricey from your place? ;)
We don't get anything like that anywhere near us unfortunately :(

havekissedfrogs
02-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Loose eyed and eye dogs welcomeI've never heard that term before. What does it mean?:duh!:

nschiro
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I believe that by loose-eyed breeds they mean breeds that don't have a strong eye or use it as much in their herding technique (i.e. border collies are a strong eyed breed). Correct me if I am wrong but I think Aussies and Heelers are considered loose eyed breeds because they don't use the "stare" as much when moving livestock.

Nicole

k9blueheeler
02-08-2010, 02:32 AM
I believe that by loose-eyed breeds they mean breeds that don't have a strong eye or use it as much in their herding technique (i.e. border collies are a strong eyed breed). Correct me if I am wrong but I think Aussies and Heelers are considered loose eyed breeds because they don't use the "stare" as much when moving livestock.

Nicole

Yes you are correct. The Kelpie is another eye dog. If anyone has seen B.C. and Kelpies work you will see it. It's amazing how the different breeds work sheep and cattle. After attending a herding clinic last fall alot of what I learned broken down into pieces makes sense as to what I've seen in herding trials that I've worked at.