PDA

View Full Version : Bree

Docskurlock
03-18-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm sure all of you know Diane from Indianapolis. Well, Diane knew from Mike (of Dylan fame) that I was interested in getting an Australian Cattle Dog. She had rescued Bree (formerly known as Heather) from the Indianapolis Shelter, where she was about to be put down. Diane and I talked on the phone for about two weeks until I was able to get a load through Indianapolis, where we met, and I officially took adoption of Bree.

I was able to adopt Bree at a very important time of my life. I had just broken up with my girlfriend and it was a very stressful breakup. Bree was a joy, and practically fell in love with me right away. I think it was mutual.

Fast forward to now and Bree and I are doing wonderfully. She's a handful (what cattle dog isn't?) and we're still earning each other's habits. This is mainly an introduction to the two of us and also a big THANK YOU to Diane. Without Diane's help, I wouldn't have the best dog I've ever had in my entire life.

sierrasuenos
04-11-2007, 02:15 PM
That is so great! Thanks for the update on Bree. Thanks to this list I was able to follow Bree's adoption. That is wonderful that you gave her a second chance. It sounds like you have helped each other. What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing. Any pictures?