PDA

View Full Version : Elk County, KANSAS: "DEXTER" - SAFE W/DOM & JIM

Pages : [1] 2

littleroads
03-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi,
I’m assisting with the placement of the 56 animals confiscated from an owner in Elk County that appears to have been some kind of hoarder situation. When the Sheriff got to the location, they discovered aprx 150 dead animals lying in piles all over the property. The surviving animals were being forced to eat the carcasses there as their only food source. The 56 are a combination of llamas, sheep, cows, horses, dogs, cats, etc. Out of the mix – there is this darling boy who I’d guess to be aprx 12 weeks old. He’s very much a puppy and his personality is great. He’s currently in the custody of the local vet and will have to remain there till the judge either severs their rights or the end of the trial.

In the mean time I’m securing rescues for them to be placed with once we are able to get them released. I have a pretty good handle on the majority of the animals, but am not familiar with a BLUE HEELER rescue. Could you please forward this and share with any contacts you may have in or around Kansas and please have them contact me? Thanks so much,

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/onestarfish/Dogs%20for%20Adoption/KS-ElkCty_BluePup1.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/onestarfish/Dogs%20for%20Adoption/KS-ElkCty_BluePup2.jpg
This precious guy is located in Elk County which is about 85 miles south east of Wichita, KS.
Please contact me if you can help!

Lou Anne Ward
[email protected] or home email [email protected]
316 267-5016 ext 524
Thanks!

Dominique
03-27-2008, 02:59 PM
He is just to cute for words

Lizzie
03-27-2008, 03:46 PM
He is a little darling....I'm in Philadelphia, PA. I would take him.

Dominique
03-27-2008, 04:39 PM
I am in IN will help with transoprt

Lizzie
03-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know what I can do to get info on this little guy.
I would hate for him to fall through the cracks.....

noworriesjake
03-28-2008, 10:38 AM
I'd start by contacting the lady listed below:

This precious guy is located in Elk County which is about 85 miles south east of Wichita, KS.

Please contact me if you can help!

Lou Anne Ward
[email protected] or home email [email protected]
316 267-5016 ext 524
Thanks!

Lizzie
03-28-2008, 10:39 AM
I did email her, no reply, I will call her directly....thank you. :)

Lolly
03-28-2008, 11:09 AM
I have some transport contacts in KS if needed.

Lizzie
03-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Thanks all, I just got an email from Lou Anne and she said he is safe at the vets. If the owners can't come up with the bond to release the animals then he will be free (let's hope). If they do, then a trial will have to be set after June 3rd. She will keep me informed and I will let all of you know what is happening...I may need transport....I appreciate your help.

Liz

MeganK
03-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Liz -

If it comes to transport and they go east I'm in the center of Missouri right along I-70. I'd be happy to help if I can.

Megan

Lizzie
03-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Thank you Megan....I will keep you updated. Poor guy is at the vets...thin and full of worms, but Lou Anne said he is safe and being taken care of:biggrin2:
Lou Anne is very caring even offering to donate a crate.:flower

Belgrael
03-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Liz, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get him! He's very cute. Hopefully his vetting gets rid of his nasties too.

Lizzie
03-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks...me too. Lou Anne was saying their is much interest
in adopting all the animals. Being in Philadelphia, I may not have a chance getting the little guy...my concern is that he goes to a good forever home..be it mine or someone else.
I am keeping my fingers crossed:)though!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep you all informed....

Lizzie
04-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Got a report on the little guy today. He is doing good. Because of his situation with his owners, he still can't be released......

Lizzie
05-29-2008, 08:25 PM
He's baaaaack! Looks like the owners of the farm couldn't come up with the bond to release the animals (THANK GOD, these poor creatures were living in filth) I gonna see if I can get Little Dexter this time around.:)....a real longshot though, he is so far away from me and out of ACDRA territory so I maybe on my own. There are many animals than need to be rescued (goats, turkeys, cows, sheep....cats, dogs..... so please pass this along to anyone you know who can help Lou Anne. Read below the email from Lou Anne:

Sorry it’s taken so long to be ready to send you this email. It’s taken a lot of work to get us to this point but the District Attorney has prevailed and the owners can not come up with the bonds that would require these animals to keep sitting there through the trial, so I’m very happy to say we can start MOVING THEM TO RESCUE.

I realize it’s been quite a while since I sent out the original request for help back in March. Some of you may have had a change in situations and if so, please let me know. If you are still interested and/or able to assist with one or more of the animals involved in this massive rescue please contact me ASAP.

The district attorney will be sending me an updated list of all animals needing rescue. The horses, ponies, miniature horses and donkeys have all already been transferred to an equine rescue and are safe and sound. There still remains the following list to get placed. I don’t have the actual numbers involved and I do know there are now MORE PYRENEES since one of them has since given birth while being held.

Turkeys (at least 2)
Llamas (I believe there are either 4 or 6 or them)
Great Pyrenees (3 adults for sure, 2 that are under a year, and a flock of pups. She’s getting me the specifics)
One Jack Russell - female
One terriers – looks like maybe a rat terrier - female
One cattle dog puppy – male
One senior doxie – female
Goats (I believe there are 3 or 4)
Sheep (3 or 4 of these or more)
Cows (some Scottish Highland as well – I have no idea how many)
2 turkeys – domesticated variety
Cats – I have no idea how many and I know they’ve reproduced while being held as well

The District Attorney has advised me that all animals must be RELEASED to a rescue. It can be a foster for that rescue who picks them up or if we’re assisting with a transport to get them to that foster, but the actual rescue will be the organization we’ll show them released to and that rescue will be responsible for all screening of potential adoptive families/permanent placement.

I’m concerned about who can coordinate the animals that fall under the more “barnyard” variety. We have offers of help with the llamas but I have no farm animal rescue involved at this point. I have had one “large animal rescue” who’s offered to help as a last resort so perhaps they can do the prequel on any individuals who’ve approached us about the llamas, etc.

Please feel free to share this info with anyone who you feel can help. I’ll be forwarding all info to the District Attorney and we’ll make the final decisions on who goes where hopefully in the next few days and then we can begin moving them out as quickly as possible.

We may need a foster who can take the pyr Momma and pups till they can be separated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. It’s taken a long time to get here but we’re finally able to get them on their way to their new lives. Thanks so much for being a part of this adventure!

Also – we’ll be looking for volunteers who would like to come and assist with getting the transports on their way and/or animals loaded and ready to go. Please let me know if you’re interested.

Lou Anne Ward
Account Executive ~ CTA, Inc
Office: 316 267-5016 ext 524
FAX: 316 267-8903

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

littleroads
05-31-2008, 06:35 AM
Got this from my friend in Missouri (who I got Rody Jane from); she has been contacted about taking the goats/sheep. The Pyrs are spoken for. Lizzie, I told her you had contacted those folks, and that you were a representative for the ACD group out east, and she sent this:

I relayed the info (your thumbs up) on the PA lady with your group. Told Lou Anne that I know they were hoping for someone closer, but that this group was top notch and best place for the pup. I changed your last sentence to "A-OK to surrender to" instead of adopt.

They are only releasing to rescues, they are not adopting to civilians. They want no part of screening adopters or placing them, or having them come back. They want rescues to take permanent possession and handle everything, so if it comes back, it will be to the rescue, and not to the sheriff's dept.

Lizzie
05-31-2008, 04:44 PM
Paws crossed on this one Eileen...thank you for going to bat for me:paw::paw:

Lizzie
06-04-2008, 05:04 PM
OK...here we go....pup is still on hold...seems like they only released equine. Lou Anne is going to get me photos of Dexter next week...he may not be released for another 20 days...or so. She said I am top on the list ...IF a closer rescue does not come forward. I was hoping we could get him out sooner. He has been penned up since the end of March.....this little guys deserves a big time break. I was hoping I could help him.

Here is his story:

Elk County residents charged in animal hoarding case

By JOSHUA AMES
Reporter

Personnel from the Elk County Sheriff's Department were called on March 13 to investigate a report of livestock running at large in the northern area of the county.

But what officers found upon arrival was much more macabre and sad than what they could have expected. As a result, charges of cruelty have been made against two Elk County residents.

When deputies arrived at 1341 Turkey Road, they discovered a grim scene that was described as "animal hoarding," according to a press release given out by the Elk County Sheriff's Department on Wednesday.

In the largest round-up in recent memory conducted by the Elk County Sheriff's Department, investigators seized 56 animals which were in various stages of emaciation, neglect and, in a few cases, decomposition.

The animals included 11 miniature horses, seven head of cattle, six llamas, five Great Pyranees-mix dogs, five other dogs of various breeds, four donkeys, four cats, three sheep, three full-sized horses, two goats, two prairie dogs, two turkeys, one pony and one chicken.

Elk County Sheriff Doug Hanks said the deplorable conditions that many of the animals were found living in is one of the rarest and most alarming cases of his career.

"I've never seen animal cruelty of this magnitude," said Hanks. "Both of my veterinary clinics here have been a godsend."

According to the release, sheriff's deputies described finding the carcasses of four deceased horses, numerous dead fowl, one deceased canine and a virtual "pile" of dead goats, which one of the surviving dogs was feeding on.

Furthermore, many of the horses found on the property were in such an emaciated state, that investigators found that they may be beyond the point of recovery due to lack of proper nutrition.

"So far, since we took the animals, we haven't lost any which is a miracle within itself," said Hanks.

The seized animals which survived the ordeal are currently in the custody of the sheriff's department and are temporarily being kept at various locations throughout Elk County, except for the horses and donkeys, which have been placed in the care of an undisclosed, out-of-county horse rescue sanctuary. Hanks also said that calls have been coming in from all over the Midwest from animal rescue groups offering their assistance.

Ten charges of animal cruelty were filed on March 13 against Elk County residents Billy G. Claycamp, 58, and Susan Lyles, 49, both residents of 1341 Turkey Road, Elk County Attorney Marla Foster Ware announced.

Some people are really cruel...

Lizzie
09-03-2008, 12:28 PM
OK gals I NEED HELP...I have pee mailed Littleroads...we need to really to help this guy. He is finally able to be freed but his situation went from bad to worse. This little guy (who is not so little anymore) is being boarded in a PUPPY MILL. I am trying to get info on him but he NEEDS OUT. He is probably about 6 or 7 months old by now and has been caged in this environment for basically his whole life. He has probably had no socialization.
I am not sure if I can take him now because I have no idea how is with little kids/dogs or cats. I am willing to bankroll this dog. I just need for him to get somewhere safe where he can be LOVED. This is so heartbreaking for me because I would have taken him in March when he was just a pup and all this crap happened. Is there anyone who can help me get this guy out and to rescue......I am in Phila. Pa or I would drive there myself......

ACDLuvr
09-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Poor guy! What a horrible situation! How did he end up kenneled in a puppy mill? It just makes no sense... Lizzie, any chance we could get an updated photo or a better idea of his temperament?

littleroads
09-03-2008, 12:58 PM
They had to stash him there while the court case went through the system; I guess the puppy mill was the only place they could come up with. :thumbdown:

I'm hoping they can send Lizzie some more info as well. Thanks for any help, Erin!

3blues
09-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Dexter's about 8 months old now. I can help with transport if he comes this way. Like everyone else we need a place for him to go. :) Hopefully someone can take him.

Lizzie
09-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Poor guy! What a horrible situation! How did he end up kenneled in a puppy mill? It just makes no sense... Lizzie, any chance we could get an updated photo or a better idea of his temperament?

I am working on it....as soon as I get something I will holler....when he was first found in that HORRIBLE situation he was just a loveable little boy...now...being caged for 6 months...who knows. I will sponsor this little guy...I just gotta get him out.

Lizzie
09-03-2008, 08:39 PM
OK...the puppy mill owner wouldn't allow photos (yeah we know why) of the little guy, so my contact is going to bring the sheriff hopefully this Sat....Please I need bentleys glowing for this little one...we need to get him OUT!!!!!!!!!! We are coming for you Dexter..........hang tight lil' buddy:paw::paw::flower

Dominique
09-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Get him to me and I will work with him and we can go from there but there is no sense in him being caged up Hawk came a puppy mill and an abusive home. I have managed to get him out of most of his issues so I can work with little guy.

Lizzie
09-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Really Dom....I want to cry...I will sponsor him...let me see what we need to get him out of there.....thank you....and thank Jim!!!!!:):flower

Dominique
09-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Don't cry just figure out how to get him here and you are welcome I don't mind at all. someone is home 24/7 with the furbabies so it will give him a chance to get socialized and or training.

3blues
09-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Poor little Dexter I hope you can get him out. I also hope he's going to be alright. It could be that he's alright but just used to "the system" now. I hope he's still that sweet loveable looking little boy. Good luck Liz & let me know if I can help make any phone calls for you or something. :)

That's a great offer Dominique. You did good with Bindy, she's doing well with Toby. :)

Lizzie
09-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Thanks 3 Blues and thanks again Dom...I'll stop crying:biggrin2: and start working on a plan to get him to you....

Dominique
09-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Great I will check the boards more often today if you need to call pee mail me and I will give you my number.

Lizzie
09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Will do Dom

Lizzie
09-04-2008, 06:33 PM
If he is going to Dom can I get a volunteer to arrange transport from Elk County, KS to Peru, IN...Josie...can you help me?

Dominique
09-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Cool I have been checking all day like a mother hen to see if I was getting him. If you look at some of the earlier posts Megan said she could help I in Missouri but is there anyone in Kansas. I wonder how much it would cost to fly him?

Dominique
09-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Oops sorry I should have posted this in the last post. Since the SO's office has to go with them on Saturday just to get pictures of him at the puppy mill maybe it would be good idea to get him pulled from there at the same time before he disappears and becomes a breeding dog. Just my thought and maybe my fear.

Lolly
09-04-2008, 07:45 PM
If he is going to Dom can I get a volunteer to arrange transport from Elk County, KS to Peru, IN...Josie...can you help me?

Lizzie, I have a 2 old run sheets that came out of KS - I could send them to you so you have something to start with and you could revise them to go to Dom's. Then send it to me so I can cross post. Would that work?

Lizzie
09-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Yes...anything you can help me with Lolly:)...I am STILL on standby...waiting for Lou Anne to get back to me. She is trying to get an evaluation and photos of him this weekend at the puppy mill.

Dom, this may not happen this week...there is sooooo much legal crap surrounding this littleboy. With that said...it will happen...he WILL get out of there....and Dom we will get him to you.

Lolly
09-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Is there any way she can get him out of that place and board him somewhere until transport is set up?

Dominique
09-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I am not asking for him so I can hurry up and get him I am concerned about him being in a puppy mill specially one that is not cooperative.

Lizzie
09-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Very good idea Lolly:), I'll call Lou Anne tomorrow first thing.
She told me that he is with 250 dogs and the cages are made of PVC pipes. The run is tiny:furious: I feel like flying out there myself and freeing him...

Lizzie
09-04-2008, 08:42 PM
I am not asking for him so I can hurry up and get him I am concerned about him being in a puppy mill specially one that is not cooperative.

I agree with you Dom...the sooner the better. I tried to get the number of the puppy mill but that was a nay

Dominique
09-04-2008, 08:45 PM
I am not worried about his temperament test I can work with him he is young enough Hawk was an absolute mess at the age due to the same things this guy is going through it took awhile but he is dealing with it and starting to act like a regular cattle dog with the exception of I can not put him in a dog run he shuts down but loves his create. go figure

Dominique
09-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Get that poor baby out of there if I have a good week next week and can afford it I will drive as far as St. Louis and drive him the rest of the way back. sorry I just read your post about the 250 dogs and PVC pipe.

Lizzie
09-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Did I tell you you are a true gem Dom:):flower

I will call Lou Anne tomorrow and see what we can do....

Dominique
09-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Thank you I think I am not sure I know why I am a gem. We are put on this earth for a purpose and I am just following that purpose I deal with dogs far better than I do humans.

Lizzie
09-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Thank you I think I am not sure I know why I am a gem.

...because you care...you are helping me and Dexter...I have been working on this little guy since March and I kept him in my thoughts hoping one day he would be free. That day is coming and you are helping to make it happen:flower

3blues
09-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Poor Dexter......PVC pipe huh?.........Hang in there Lizzie you'll get him, let me know if we can help.

2speckledblue
09-04-2008, 10:48 PM
I just got back from a school open house. I'll help with transport if you need me. I was also thinking of looking for a previous run from KS as I remembered some dogs coming from there. The first chance I'd have to work on it would be tomorrow afternoon. Let me know; I don't want to work on it if it's already being taken care of. I have a run from MN to Washington DC for a deaf BC that I need to get going too.

kmodesitt
09-04-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm in Terre Haute and I could help with part of the run. I'm already committed to overnighting 3 puppies going west to east on I-70 so I need to be home Saturday night but I could help any other time on Saturday. I also could help some of the time on Sunday. Just let me know and I'll try to work out something. I'm so glad he's getting out of there!

Kathy

Lizzie
09-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks everyone.....I will be putting a call into Lou Anne today to see what the procedure will be in getting him out. Per Lolly (and great idea)
I will get him into boarding until we can get this thing together. Regarding transport....thanks Kathy and Josie and Martha....I will be in touch as soon as I hear something.....

Lizzie
09-05-2008, 09:32 AM
OK, I just talked to Lou Anne. She is going to see if there are any boarding facilities. I need to get some paperwork in order.

Dominique
09-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Let me know if I can do anything I am home all day except to go swimming and will be home all weekend. I couldn't get that little guy off my mind last night.

Lizzie
09-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Will do Dom, I am pee mailing you....

Lizzie
09-05-2008, 07:46 PM
OK...paperwork was OK'd:) Lou Anne is going to try to pull him get him o the vet this weekend or this coming week. She will be getting him to the vet to be neutered. We are in standby for transport to Dom, I am awaiting updates from Lou Anne. She said he is in Howard County, KS.

I am also waiting on photos...pray he doesn't look and feel like hell since he is coming from the hole.....

Dominique
09-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh well I thought ahead and have all kinds of fleas stuff a really good shampoo for the vet incase he has skin problems and the vet is donating a health check when he gets here. He donated all kinds of stuff the little guy might need to tide him over till he gets to the vet since they generally get here on the weekend.

3blues
09-05-2008, 10:47 PM
That's great about your vet Dominique. Very nice of him to do that.

Dexter sure is one lucky dog to have you guys in his corner. Poor little guy has been through more than one his age ever should. No dog should have to go through that. He's very lucky. :biggrin2:

Lizzie
09-06-2008, 08:22 PM
That was mighty kind of your vet Dom. Wish they were like that here in Philadelphia.

Dominique
09-06-2008, 08:55 PM
any news is he got out today?

Lizzie
09-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Nothing from Lou Anne...although I did email her. I know, I am getting nervous. My worse fear is something will happen to him. I just hate the thought of him sitting in that little cage...

Lizzie
09-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Looks like he will be neutered on Thursday, Sept 11 with some other dogs from the hoarding case and transport will be on Sat. Sept 13th. How far are you willing to travel Dom?

(I just reread her email she sent me yesterday....)

Dominique
09-07-2008, 07:13 AM
how far do I need to? Don't be funnny and say Kansas I gave my red spikes to the Goodwill when I got my ARP card.:naughty:

Lizzie
09-07-2008, 08:44 AM
:naughty:Just as far as you want but don't over do it. Lou Anne is trying to get a transport together for a few Great Pyreness pups that were with Dexter. They are going to a rescue in Nebraska. She was just trying to get him on the transport and asked where you live and I said Peru IN. I figured you would be willing to drive an hour or so to pick him up. You just tell me....Laurey and Josie have offered contacts as well as Kathy....so just let me know. Again don't over do it Dom...you are already doing enough by fostering this litte guy.

Dominique
09-07-2008, 09:33 AM
I am in the middle of nowhere so I always have to drive at least 3 hours one way to meet a transport if we can run him up I70 in to Indy that would be great or up through Chicago and DeDe can help she generallt meets me in Merriville. Kathy offered to help and she live in Terra Houte ans if she could meet me in Indy that would be great.

2speckledblue
09-07-2008, 10:32 AM
The best routing goes through St Louis either from Kansas City across on I-70 or a more direct route over to Joplin, MO, along I-44 to St Louis. From St Louis, it's all I-70 to Indianapolis. If the Pyrs are going north to Nebraska, then maybe Dexter could go with them possibly to Kansas City if that's the route they're going. I know people in Kansas City who helped with Andrew and Ranger plus people along I-70 (as well as Megan on this forum) to St Louis.

Dominique
09-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Josie thank you for doing the transport thing I have never done a run sheet and am terrible with directions. Plus since he is coming next week Jim is out building him a little play area and also a play room in the house. This week I am kind of swamped but please let me know if anybody needs anything.

Lizzie
09-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi All,

I just got this from Lou Anne. I am so disappointed. Josie even had a transprt together for this this weekend. Jim has built him a little playpen.... This poor little guy is going to die in that hell hole or be beyond repair. Do you ever feel like giving up...well for me today is the day......:sad: I am just sick over this....

Read on:

OK,
I have an update but you're not going to like it any better than I did.
The Sheriff just called me and he is VERY unhappy. The District Attorney
did not include the blue heeler OR any of the barnyard animals in her
last petition which means those animals are still on hold. I've been
working on this since March and so far the only animals I've gotten out
of there have been the Momma pyr and her 3 puppies.

The remaining adult pyrs are released effective this Saturday so I'm
still going to go and pick up the 2 adults. I have a rescue taking them.
The two female mixes are going to remain till I get them placed.

I've asked the Sheriff to see if he can expedite this since I've got a
rescue sitting there waiting for the blue heeler puppy. I do NOT want
him there another month. We may be able to get something pushed through
faster
But I can't promise it. He's sick about this too. It's costing him
hundreds of dollars a month to keep all these animals boarded/vetted/fed
and it's all at the county's expense.

I'm going to send him your info this morning and he's going to do
everything he can to push it through quicker. He knows that little guy
is going to you regardless of when he's released. I'll still try to get
a new updated photo of him when I'm there. The Sheriff also agreed to
try to get new photos for me of all of them so we may get them even
quicker.

I'm sorry Liz. I know this is a huge disappointment.

Lou Anne

littleroads
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
DO NOT GIVE UP. He is in a bad spot, but he is NOT DEAD. He has hope, it will just take more @#($&* time... Chances are he will not be worse off in a couple of weeks or a month than he is right now.

Keep those Bentleys glowing, and send him thoughts that you are working on getting him out of there! And please keep us updated.

havekissedfrogs
09-09-2008, 12:02 PM
I am sending positive thoughts for him. Eileen gives wise and good advice, as usual. It is disappointing news, but don't give up, there is still hope.

Dominique
09-09-2008, 12:04 PM
I am keeping my comments to myself I feel like going out there and just getting him.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bangh ead::banghead::banghead:

2speckledblue
09-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Okay, I'm forming a posse to break Dexter out of jail. The secret meeting place is Kansas City and then we'll travel the backroads in my Bow Wow Express explorer.

Who's with me?

:BUCKLE:

[Just kidding but it sure would feel good to do that]

Dominique
09-09-2008, 12:34 PM
I am game when are we going? We might have some trouble being undetected due to the fact he is in a puppy mill with way to many barking dogs. I wonder if we could pack that many steaks with us so they don't bark.

Lizzie
09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks All...Josie and Dom you made me laugh:naughty:

Believe me I have already looked in to flights to Kansas. But I think a road trip with you gals would be a blast!!!! I'll bring the steaks........and some ninja apparel so we will go undetected...

3blues
09-09-2008, 03:22 PM
When's the breakout, I'm ready to go??!!! I'll fly down there & help break him out. Doc can keep the other dogs busy & take care of anyone who tries to stop us. He's a tough guy. :naughty:

Let us know the time & place & we'll be there to help break him out.

Lizzie, DON'T GIVE UP ON HIM!!!! HE STILL NEEDS YOU. I know you're frustrated & it stinks but hang in there & it will happen. :) Let us know what we can do to help. Sending 6 glowing bentleys your way & tons of happy thoughts. :)

havekissedfrogs
09-09-2008, 10:51 PM
I'll fly out there, too. I want to be in on the breakout. :naughty:This could be a hit movie.... We can use the movie profits for rescue....or to fund that sanctuary in Oregon that Linda talked about! I know we have some great writers here....how about a movie script? :biggrin2:

3blues
09-10-2008, 02:12 AM
Did anyone see the movie Mad Money? The movie could be like that except it would be about breaking out Dexter. :naughty:

I can't believe he's still on hold. :banghead: Hang in there Lizzie. :)

havekissedfrogs
09-10-2008, 11:04 AM
I didn't see that one, but I remember a wonderful little movie I saw a long time ago, about some people who got together to break a sea turtle out of an aquariam exhibit, and they returned it to the sea.....I can't remember the name of the movie, but I LOVED it! Then of course there was "FREE WILLY". We can do "FREE DEXTER"! :naughty:

Lizzie
09-10-2008, 02:22 PM
I haven't heard back today from Lou Anne or the sheriff...I am hoping someone with play pirate and smuggle him out this Sat.

If Dexter only knew all the glowing bentleys and positive thoughts and all the love you are sending his way I know he would send all of you:

:BIGHUGSBEAR:

Thank you.... as soon as I hear something I'll let you know. You all MAKE MY DAY!!!!:):flower

3blues
09-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if the sheriff smuggled Dexter out & said he "got lost."?? Then he could get to you quicker Lizzie. :naughty: I'm hoping he gets there to you very soon.

Lizzie
09-10-2008, 03:34 PM
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:naughty:

3blues
09-10-2008, 06:39 PM
:roll1:

Lizzie
09-16-2008, 11:20 PM
OK...this little guy is on hold again til possibly November. I am told he is safe. I want to thank all of you for EVERYTHING you have done thus far for Dexter. I am hoping he will be free...someday. Thank you Dom for keeping an open door for this little one. Thank you Josie for trying to put a transport together....hopefully we will need that again one day soon.
Thanks Ei for all you have done. This has been a rollercoaster ride for me with this little guy...I just imagine what he has been going through.....:sad::sad::sad:

I'll try and keep the faith! Godspeed Dexter!

havekissedfrogs
09-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Has anyone been able to get a current picture of him?

Lizzie
09-17-2008, 12:29 AM
No Joanne...I have nothing...no photo....no shot records...temperament...noone one can tell me a thing about him. Is he deaf? blind? who knows..... I stepped on a few toes and called the sheriff and vet myself when noone was getting back to me. They wouldn't talk to me and refered me back to my contact (who wasn't too happy with me for pursing info on my own ).

I submitted all the proper paperwork to release him to me...so I felt that I should at least be getting something...I am going into this blind as well as Dom who is fostering Dex and she has other furbabys. I have never worked this way...this has been really frustrating.

havekissedfrogs
09-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Well bless your heart for not giving up on him. I'm really hoping for a happy ending to this story.....

Lizzie
09-17-2008, 07:24 AM
I can only hope........

Dominique
09-17-2008, 05:09 PM
And I thought I was going to read the last post from Lizzie telling me he was on his way. I swear I am worse than al old mother hen with this boy.

littleroads
09-17-2008, 05:14 PM
For some reason, Lou Anne's (Lizzie's contact) e-mails to her have been bouncing. So it looks like there's been a communication problem through e-mails, although I don't know why they can't get you a photo, or eval or something - but, that's the legal system for you. :banghead:

Let's hope that can get cleared up - Lizzie, I really just think they've not been able to reach you, not for lack of trying. She did not know you were not getting her e-mails. So HOPEFULLY that matter can get cleared up and you guys can get back on the same page with poor little Dexter again!

(You hang in there too, Dom!)

Lizzie
09-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Got it Ei...I have anointed you my go-between....:naughty:
Let me know if you here anything from Lou Anne.

Lizzie
09-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Well HE IS NO PUPPY ANYMORE...Introducing DEXTER:) Isn't he BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/hathaway800/Dex4.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/hathaway800/Dex2.jpg

Please get me out of here....I want to be loved!
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/hathaway800/Dex3.jpg

Lou Anne who is spearheading his release said he is a sweetheart...and super FAST, he was so excited to be getting some attention. They have been calling him Gabe (which was going to be my son's name until my hubby nixed it for Luke) but she informed them his name is DEXTER:). or DEX for short!

I guess if I spent my whole life in a cage, I would be wound up like a top!!!!!
Dom, you may have your hands full...this guy is going to be quite an attention seeker.....:naughty:

We are almost there little buddy...hang tight!!!!!!!

Dominique
09-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Thank you he is going to get all the attention he wants and them some that is why I work from home except one day a week we can't wait for him to get here.

3blues
09-22-2008, 05:29 PM
His bentley's gotten a little bit smaller but he sure is cute. I hope you get him soon Lizzie. Let me know if I can help in any way. I'll call the sheriff if you want & I won't mention a thing about you. :naughty: Let me know.....covert is my middle name; plus there's Doc to help me. :naughty: Anything you want just ask.

Lolly
09-22-2008, 06:13 PM
He is cute! And sounds like a happy boy ready for some TLC for sure! It's good to see his kennel area - when I think "puppy mill" I think small cages stacked on top of each other in a horrible barn or something. Lizzie, how much longer?? Is it because of the case against the previous owners that they can't release him?

Lizzie
09-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Yes Lolly, my understanding is that the District Attorney
did not include Dex OR any of the barnyard animals in her
last petition which means these animals are still on hold. They have to resubmit the petition to the hoarders and they have 20 days to come up with the $$ for these guys or waive them to rescue. They would owe all the boarding fees/food/vet...which right now is thousand and thousands of dollars to the county.

I just want him out. I bet he is a great dog and going to Dom will be
the best thing for him. She will give him her undivided attention...which is what this little guy needs.:)

littleroads
09-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Lou Anne Ward in Missouri is working really hard on this, and she's making progress! She's told the DA in her petition that the rescues for Dexter (& the livestock) are VERY ANXIOUS to have them released. So I think she's really doing all that she can, and she has the sheriff's support. So just keep those Bentleys glowing...

Lizzie
09-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Lou Anne Ward in Missouri is working really hard on this, and she's making progress! She's told the DA in her petition that the rescues for Dexter (& the livestock) are VERY ANXIOUS to have them released. So I think she's really doing all that she can, and she has the sheriff's support. So just keep those Bentleys glowing...

She actually has been his guardian angel...yes bentleys please for a quick release. This little guy has grown up behind bars. I can't wait til he gets to Dom and finally FREEDOM!!!!

I am getting my care package ready to send Dom:biggrin2: Oh RR ladies I need some Jakes' Tugs....

havekissedfrogs
09-22-2008, 09:03 PM
We are all waiting anxiously to hear of his release....he looks like he is happy and healthy, and that is a big relief! Just seeing his pictures made me feel so much more hopeful for him! He is a gorgeous boy!

Lizzie
10-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi All...FINALLY our little boy will be getting out next weekend.:)
Dom has agreed to take this pup on as a foster and I will help with some $$$ by sponsoring him.

The city has said they WILL NOT help with any additional vetting or neutering on Dex so I am asking if anyone has a few extra pennies hanging around the house to help Dom out with Dexter. Dom always goes the extra mile for all of us and never says no so if you can help with Dexter by sending some $$$ Dom's way I know she and Dexter will appreciate it....or maybe buy some of her BEAUTIFUL handmade jewelry. The holidays are coming up and I am getting some earrings made for my sister-in-laws, Amelia and my mother-in law. Her work is absolutely gorgeous and it is all custom made. :)

Very talented lady!

Dominique
10-15-2008, 04:50 PM
I am so excited that he is finally getting out and coming here. I keep telling Hawk that he is coming so he will not wear out Mary and Beau personally I think those 2 are counting the days so they can finally get a zoomie break from Hawk. It looks like we will have to get him neutered when he gets here and a heart worm tests we don't even know if he has had any of his shots.

Lizzie
10-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Dom...get the cost of neutering from your vet...

[Also the HW test - EL]

havekissedfrogs
10-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Dom, I don't see the link to your store on your posts any more. How can we order your jewelry?

Dominique
10-16-2008, 08:44 AM
Just tell me what you want if it dichroic glass give me a color scheme or if it bead work give me a stone or a color the pee mail or email me at [email protected] and I will send a bunch of pictures so can take decide. If it is beaded workk you can also custom make a piece thru the pictures sending.

Dominique
10-16-2008, 04:15 PM
I just contacted the vet for costs on Dexter. Before he gets neutered he is required to have a bortatilla if he has not had one, they are $10.00. then the neuter is $122.60. If he has not been on heart worm preventive all these months a new test is $20.00 and a 3 year rabies is $15.00. He may need a DHLP we just don't know until we get his records but if he does it will be $21.00.

If anyone would like to donate to help this little guy out you may do so directly directly to the vet. Just tell them to put it on Dominique Corners account for Dexter the one coming from Kansas. The vets information is as follows.

Noah's Ark Animal hospital
1-765-868-8140

2speckledblue
10-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Here's the first half of Dexter's transport to his layover in MO. He'll travel the next weekend to be fostered with Dom in IN.

TRANSPORT Oct 26 “Dexter” ACD KS,MO,IL,IN
Olathe, KS – Morse Mill, MO (Peru, IN)
Transport Coordinator:
Name: Josie Moen
Email: [email protected] ([email protected]), [email protected]
Phone: Cell 320-493-1624, Home 320-259-9916
PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AND PROVIDE:
Name:
Address:
City/State:
Home Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Email:
Vehicle Desc/Make/Model & License Plate #:
Emergency Contact w/ phone #:
Leg #
Suggested meeting place (if you have one)
Reference (Vet or Transport Coordinator you've helped)
================================================== ===
SENDING SHELTER:
NAME: Lou Anne Ward
Email: [email protected] ([email protected]) or home email [email protected] ([email protected])
PHONE: 316 267-5016 ext 524
FOSTER HOME:
Name: Dominique Comer
Address: Peru, IN
Email: [email protected] ([email protected])
Phone: Cell 765-398-2508, Home 765-460-4172

RECEIVING RESCUE:
Name: Australian Cattle Dog Rescue Association (ACDRA)
Contact person: Liz Hathaway
10 Minutes has been added for Potty Breaks - DON'T forget the Paperwork
REASON FOR TRANSPORT: Going into approved RESCUE/FOSTER HOME
WAS A HOME VISIT DONE AND REFERENCES CHECKED? Yes
PLEASE NOTE: When taking him/her out to go potty, please be sure you put his leash on BEFORE leaving the vehicle, for your safety and theirs. Please bring an extra collar and leash just in case.
TRANSPORTERS - EACH ANIMAL MUST HAVE HEALTH CERTIFICATE SIGNED BY VET OR CANNOT TRAVEL
Dexter is an 8-month-old Australian Cattle Dog. He will have all shots UTD and a health certificate for travel. He is coming out of a hoarder/abuse situation and has been waiting for many months on court proceedings to finish before being released to go to rescue. He is sweet but may have issues from lack of socialization at a young age. The plan was to have him neutered before transport but that will have to wait until he gets to his foster home. He’s been in limbo so long that we don’t want to miss the chance to finally move him to a home environment.

Sunday, Oct 26

Leg 1
Howard, KS – Olathe, KS
160 miles
Arrive 12:30pm
FILLED: Thanks Rocky

Leg 2
Olathe, KS – Concordia, MO
75 miles, 1 hr 30 min
Depart: 12:30pm Arrive: 2:00pm
NEEDED:

Leg 3
Concordia, MO – Columbia, MO
67 miles, 1 hr 10 min
Depart: 2:10pm Arrive: 3:20pm
FILLED:

Leg 4
Columbia, MO – Warrenton, MO (west of STL)
65 miles, 1 hr 5 min
Depart: 3:30pm Arrive: 4:35pm
FILLED:

Leg 5
Warrenton, MO (west of STL) – Morse Mill, MO
67 miles, 1 hr 20 min
Depart: 4:35pm Arrive: 5:55pm
NEEDED:

Dexter has a layover at the Rainbow Ranch. Thanks, Debi.

He will continue to his foster home in Peru, IN, the following weekend on a separate transport run.

2speckledblue
10-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Transport for Dexter at this link.

http://www.aucado.us/forums/showthread.php?p=72691#post72691

havekissedfrogs
10-17-2008, 12:15 PM
I am sooooo excited and happy for Dexter! I just hope that everyone helping with his transport will be super careful about not letting him escape....I have the feeling that he will be so wound up from being in a cage all his life so far, and besides that, not being neutered yet, that he will be ready to run! After all of this, please don't let him get away!

Dominique
10-20-2008, 08:01 AM
Dexter will need a distemper shot and a bordatella the vet wont know if he will need an additional parvo shot or not until he sees his paper work. He is scheduled for his neuter on the 4th of November which is 2 or 3 days after he gets here.

Hopefully his transport will fill for this week and next so he can be here and finally settling in and all of his vet work is done before I go into surgery. I am Josie will be posting his run sheets.

Thank you everyone that help this little guy taken care of. We are still short if you choose to call in money to the vet be sure to put it on Dominique Corners account for Dexter he already has a file set up. If his staff acts like they have no idea what you are talking ask for Lindsey.

littleroads
10-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Dom - just sent a $50 donation from ARF.

Lizzie
10-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Dom..sent $100.00 via paypal more to come....

2speckledblue
10-20-2008, 02:54 PM
I still need drivers for the around Kansas City (Leg 2) and then near St Louis (Leg 5).

Dominique
10-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Thank you.

2speckledblue
10-21-2008, 12:27 PM
I have one leg to go, Leg 5 near St Louis. Who wants a nice Fall drive on backroads? Well, maybe the leaves aren't turning down there yet.

Lizzie
10-21-2008, 01:13 PM
I'll send this out to everyone I know Josie...

littleroads
10-21-2008, 02:26 PM
I sent to a couple of people in the St. Louis area also.

Lolly
10-21-2008, 02:36 PM
me too

Lizzie
10-21-2008, 07:40 PM
OK EVERYBODY...ONLY ONE MORE LEG TO GO!

Please pass this along to anyone who you know in this area. Dexter has been waiting his whole short life to experience FREEDOM. He will be spoiled rotten by Dom and have lots of friends to play with. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...keep this out there so Dex can get to Dom.....

Dominique
10-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes please help for Dexter he will be very loved and taken care of here. I am begging and pleading.

2speckledblue
10-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh bother. I've contacted lots and lots of people but still no driver for the last leg. Should I be worried? I kinda am but I still have some days to go.

littleroads
10-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I know - I've bugged everybody I know in that area, plus a couple of transport lists. Is it on/near a major highway? I'll put it on there too, unless Josie has already...

Lizzie
10-22-2008, 11:43 PM
josie is this a go....thank you thank you.....:):):):):):):):):):)

2speckledblue
10-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Oh Liz, you beat me to the announcement!!!!! LOL. A nice lady in Kansas City who helped me with Andrew's and Ranger's transport about a year ago put me in touch with the last driver. Now off to work on the second part of Dexter's journey to Dom.

havekissedfrogs
10-23-2008, 01:30 AM
:woot_jump:

2speckledblue
10-23-2008, 08:41 AM
TRANSPORT Nov 1 “Dexter” ACD MO,IL,IN
Morse Mill, MO - Peru, IN

This transport will complete Dexter’s run started on Oct 26 to his foster home in Peru, IN

Transport Coordinator:
Name: Josie Moen
Email: [email protected] ([email protected]), [email protected]
Phone: Cell 320-493-1624, Home 320-259-9916
PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AND PROVIDE:
Name:
Address:
City/State:
Home Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Email:
Vehicle Desc/Make/Model & License Plate #:
Emergency Contact w/ phone #:
Leg #
Suggested meeting place (if you have one)
Reference (Vet or Transport Coordinator you've helped)
LAYOVER RESCUE:
NAME: Recycling Rover (Debi Baker)
Phone: 636-274-3385

FOSTER HOME:
Name: Dominique Comer
Address: Peru, IN
Phone: Cell 765-398-2508, Home 765-460-4172

RECEIVING RESCUE:
Name: Australian Cattle Dog Rescue Association (ACDRA)
Contact person: Liz Hathaway
10 Minutes has been added for Potty Breaks - DON'T forget the Paperwork
REASON FOR TRANSPORT: Going into approved RESCUE/FOSTER HOME
WAS A HOME VISIT DONE AND REFERENCES CHECKED? Yes
PLEASE NOTE: When taking him/her out to go potty, please be sure you put his leash on BEFORE leaving the vehicle, for your safety and theirs. Please bring an extra collar and leash just in case.
TRANSPORTERS - EACH ANIMAL MUST HAVE HEALTH CERTIFICATE SIGNED BY VET OR CANNOT TRAVEL
Dexter is an 8-month-old Australian Cattle Dog. He will have all shots UTD and a health certificate for travel. He is coming out of a hoarder/abuse situation and has been waiting for many months on court proceedings to finish before being released to go to rescue. He is sweet but may have issues from lack of socialization at a young age. The plan was to have him neutered before transport but that will have to wait until he gets to his foster home. He’s been in limbo so long that we don’t want to miss the chance to finally move him to a home environment.

Nov 1, Saturday

Leg 1
Morse Mill, MO - Troy, IL
63 miles, 1 hr 5 min
Depart: 9:00am Arrive: 10:05am
NEEDED:

Leg 2
Troy, IL - Effingham, IL
80 miles, 1 hr 20 min
Depart: 10:15am Arrive: 11:35am
NEEDED:

TIME CHANGE from Central to Eastern this leg!
Leg 3
Effingham, IL – Terre Haute, IN
65 miles, 1 hr 5 min
Depart: 11:45am Arrive: 1:50pm <<<<<<<<<Time Change>>>>>>>>>
NEEDED:

Leg 4
Terre Haute, IN – Indianapolis, IN
72 miles, 1 hr 15 min
Depart: 2:00pm Arrive: 3:15pm
NEEDED:

Leg 5
Indianapolis, IN – Peru, IN
70 miles, 1 hr 15 min
Depart: 3:25pm Arrive: 4:40pm
FILLED: Thanks, Dom (foster mom)

Dexter is at his foster home

Lizzie
10-25-2008, 07:44 PM
What a long time coming...I just KNEW this little guy was going to be GREAT!!!! THANK YOU DOM FOR FOSTER...THANK YOU JOSIE FOR DOING THIS CRAZY TRANSPORT.....:flower:flower

One day Dex, we will meet...I promise....:)

FROM LOU ANNE:

Greetings from Wichita! We have made it home with this precious boy and we're ready to tell you about him. He is an absolute DOLL! He is the friendliest happiest most full of life guy you'll ever meet. Everything is scary
(Kennels, going in them and coming out, collars, leashes, going in the car,getting out of the car,going in the house,etc) but once he figures out YOU can be trusted, then he's willing to
brave ANYTHING. Rocky has him sitting in her lap, and right at her heel every moment. He absolutley LOVES her! I got some great photos of them out in the back yard that I'll send out later this evening.

We got into town around 1:00PM. We stopped at the self service dog wash and he had his first bath of his life. He smelled HORRIBLE when we picked him up but that's exactly what we expected
given the life he'd had so far. He did SO great. Rock was on one side and I was on the other and we got him all suds up and then rinsed and he's now a big fluffball and you can just tell he feels better too!

I've got his medical papers, health certificate and rabies tag in a zip lock bag and a 2nd bag with some treats. We won't feed him breakfast. He'll have dinner tonight and some snacks along the route
but I'd recommend holding off on a real meal till he gets to his final destination. He didn't have any trouble with car sickness on the way home so he should be fine but it's still a good idea.

Whoever gets this guy is getting an absolutely darling boy who's going to make them a great pet. He races around like a ROCKET but that's also from being in a run his entire life. He's going to enjoy
having a real yard and a real family to play with.

Just a quick update on his original owners. The trial is in November. He's completely released by the courts but we're still waiting to see if they're going to get jail time for all of the animals
they allowed to die from neglect. Dexter is just one of the aprx 50 survivors out of over 200 original animals. There were aprx 150 dead carcass lying around the premises when the Sheriff and
his deputies discovered this house of horrors. The Sheriff told me while he was awaiting trial - the guy has already been arrested AGAIN for cattle rustling. He stole someone's herd and sold them thru
the sale barn. I can only pray that between one of the charges - this guy will do some real jail time. He's in his 60's and I'd be fine with him spending the rest of his life behind bars!

The large barnyard animals all left today when we were picking up Dexter and that only leaves 2 Rat Terriers to be placed and we'll finally have
everyone safe and sound.

Thank you SO MUCH for everything you're each doing to help get this little guy to safety. He's so deserving of it and I know he'd thank you himself if he could!

Safe travels tomorrow and please let me know once he's there!
Lou Anne
$

littleroads
10-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Rody Jane's rescuer is the one taking the barnyard animals - 7 cows, 2 goats, 4 sheep. She's the only one I know who would provide a LOVING HOME for COWS. :biggrin2: She has a heart of gold and is a dear friend.

BEST OF LUCK, DEXTER & DOM!! Sounds like you are getting a wonderful addition! (And hang on to your hat!)

Dominique
10-25-2008, 09:08 PM
I can't wait until next weekend when we finally have him to hang on to and love. Thank you everyone who has helped this little along the way. I can promise you all that we will do the best by him.

Dominique
10-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Dexter made it out yesterday Mary took some pictures which I will post later. I just spoke with Megan from this group she stated that he is a bit scared but all in very brave, tired, and a love bug although he was a bit skittish around her dad. From what Megan tells he is little.

I want to thank every one so much for helping get this litte guy out.:thumb_yello:

2speckledblue
10-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Dexter is on the 4th leg of his transport, Columbia to Warrenton, MO. All is well and right on schedule.

littleroads
10-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Whoooo hooooo!! Go dexter!!!

Lizzie
10-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks Josie...PLEASE keep us updated...I AM THRILLED:)

2speckledblue
10-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Dexter has safely arrived at Rainbow Ranch in Morse Hill, MO. Anyone who has been following Dexter's rescue and would like to send an email to Debi Baker at the Rainbow Ranch to thank her for keeping him for a week before he gets to Dom, her email is [email protected] Debi has graciously helped with rescued ACDs in the past.

Lizzie
10-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Never though this day would happen...here is a photo of our guy Dexter,,,
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/hathaway800/100_6984.jpg

Dom, he is a BEAUTY!:)

littleroads
10-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Thank-you sent to Debi. :thumb_yello:

Lizzie
10-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Me too:thumb_yello:

MeganK
10-27-2008, 09:43 AM
My father and I drove Dexter from Concordia, Mo to Columbia yesterday. Dad drove and I sat in the back cuddling Dexter. He's a sweet boy. Scared and nervous, but amazingly brave considering all the activity yesterday. I'm 99% sure that with love and patience he'll turn into a confident young man. He really is super handsome, and little! Also underweight, but that's fixable of course!

Lizzie
10-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Megan...thank you soooooooooooooo much for doing this for Dex. As you can see...his story has been a complicated one to say the least. I can't want til he gets to Dominque...she will fix him:)

havekissedfrogs
10-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Never though this day would happen...here is a photo of our guy Dexter,,,
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/hathaway800/100_6984.jpg

Dom, he is a BEAUTY!:)
Boy, he does look happy! :biggrin2:

3blues
10-28-2008, 12:15 AM
What a precious boy!! Look how happy that baby looks now. I'm so glad he's free from that horrible situation. He sure has turned into a fine looking little boy. He's just precious. :)

2speckledblue
10-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Dexter's run has been combined with some other dogs. Since he will be riding with Princess, a chihuahua, he has now been crowned, Prince Dexter! Funny! Anyway, I still need the leg (2) from Rolla to St Clair, MO, filled. The transport below is a little out of date. Im waiting for a reply from the driver who volunteered for Leg 3 to make sure she can do it. If you'd like to crosspost the whole run to help out the other dogs traveling on to NY, please do so.

PLEASE CROSS POST SO WE CAN FILL

VERY URGENT MEDICAL TRANSPORT

VERY URGENT MEDICAL TRANSPORT

FOR CHIHUAHUA WITH MEGAESOPHAGUS

DEXTER TO FOSTER HOME

CABOOL, MO - VERMILION, OH

MORSE MILL, MO - PERU, IN

DAYTON, OH - SHORTSVILLE, NY

SATURDAY/SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1-2, 2008

This Medical Transport will be for PRINCESS, a 5-month old Chihuahua who is suffering from Megaesophagus. This condition can be addressed with surgery to correct the problem. She is come from Ozarks Summer Rescue in Cabool, MO and going to Saint Francis Animal Sanctuary in Vermilion, OH. Princess can drink okay if she is held in a vertical position. The vetting for this dog starts at $1,200. Once surgery has been completed, Princess hopefully will find a new home and be a happy little Chihuahua with someone who loves her. She was a breeder’s dog and was going to be put down because she vomited. That is what Megaesophagus is. She is very sweet, outgoing and loves people. Princess is now in a foster home until transport. We need to get this transport filled so that Princess can get the vetting she needs ASAP. Thanks in advance for your help. We are also adding Prince Dexter, an 8-month old Australian Cattle Dog. He is coming out of a hoarder/abuse situation and has been waiting for many months on court proceedings to finish before being released to go to rescue. He is sweet but may have issues from lack of socialization at a young age. He is coming from Recycling Rover in Morse Mill, MO and going to his foster home in Peru, IN. Also joining the transport in Dayton will be two hound pups coming from temporary foster in Chattanooga, TN and going to Foster in Shortsville, NY.

ANY HELP ON THIS TRANSPORT WILL BE MOST APPRECIATED BY JOSIE, MYSELF, DEXTER, TWO HOUND PUPS AND PRINCESS.
She must be crated at all times. Please also crate Dexter for safety reasons. Princess will not have her own crate!

We will allow 10 minutes between transfers for water and potty breaks and loving Princess and Dexter. Please make sure you have your cell phones charged and on, extra leashes (no choke chains), paper towels, newspaper, water bowl and water, boots should you need them and blankets. This transport will be monitored.
Please do not forget to transfer not only the dogs but also their paperwork.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++
If you can possibly do a leg or two to help Princess , pups and Dexter get to Rescue, please fill out the following information and e-mail it back to me. We have to fill this transport for Princess.
LEG YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO:
NAME:
E-MAIL:
HOME PHONE:
CELL PHONE:
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION:
MEETING PLACE IF YOU HAVE ONE:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++
TRANSPORT RUN:
CABOOL, MO - VERMILION, OH
MORSE MILL, MO - PERU, IN
DAYTON, OH - SHORTSVILLE, NY
SATURDAY/SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1-2, 2008
763MILES - 12.5HRS + TRANSFER TIMES

TRANSPORT COORDINATOR:
Carol Brickner
E-mail:
[email protected] ([email protected])
Cell Phone: 937-609-4707 or if busy, try 937-313-9931 (Husband, Bob)

TRANSPORT COORDINATOR:
Josie Moen
E-mail: [email protected] ([email protected]) or [email protected] ([email protected])
HOME PHONE: 320-259-9916
CELL PHONE: 320-493-1624
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++
SENDING SHELTER, FOSTER OR RESCUE:
NAME: Ozark Haven Rescue
ADDRESS: 1433 Cessna Rd
CITY, STATE, ZIP: Cabool MO 65689
E-MAIL:
[email protected] ([email protected])
WEBSITE: www.petfinder.com/shelters/MO401.html (http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MO401.html)
SHELTER PHONE:417-464-4345
CELL PHONE:417-464-4345
CONTACT PERSON: Susan

RECEIVING RESCUE:
Name: Saint Francis Animal Sanctuary
Address: Vermillion, OH
E-mail: [email protected] ([email protected])
Website: www.saintfrancisanimalsanctuary (http://www.saintfrancisanimalsanctuary/).org
Cell Phone: 440-897-2662
Contact Person: Deb Parker

LAYOVER RESCUE:
NAME: Recycling Rover
ADDRESS: Morse Mill, MO
WEBISTE: www.petfinder.com/rescues/MO132 (http://www.petfinder.com/rescues/MO132)
PHONE: 636-274-3385

FOSTER HOME:
NAME: Dominique Comer
ADDRESS: Peru, IN
HOME PHONE: 765-460-4172
CELL PHONE: 765-398-2508

SENDING TEMP. FOSTER:
NAME: Paulette
CITY, STATE, ZIP: Chattanooga, TN
E-MAIL: [email protected] ([email protected])
CELL PHONE: 706-537-5115
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: Silver Honda Odyesee

RECEIVING FOSTER:
NAME: Lynn Delpha
ADDRESS: 3409 County Road 13
CITY, STATE, ZIP: Shortsville , NY 14548
E-MAIL: [email protected] (http://us.mc828.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected])
WEBSITE: www.petfinder.com/shelters/ (http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/)
CELL PHONE: 585-747-9989
CONTACT PERSON: Lynn Delpha
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++
PASSENGER #_1_
NAME: PRINCESS
BREED: Chihuahua
SEX: Female
SIZE/WEIGHT: 5lbs
SPAYED/NEUTERED: Yes
VACCINES: UTD with Health Certificate
GENERAL HEALTH: Has Megaesophagus
CRATE TRAINED: yes
OKAY WITH OTHER ANIMALS: yes
DOES THE ANIMAL RIDE WELL IN A CAR: yes must be crated
ITEMS PROVIDED: food and medical records
ITEMS NEEDED: water, bowl
REASON FOR TRANSPORT: From Shelter to Rescue

PASSENGER #_2_
NAME: PRINCE DEXTER
BREED: Australian Cattle Dog
SEX: Male
SIZE/WEIGHT:
SPAYED/NEUTERED: No, to be done by Rescue
VACCINES: UTD with Health Certificate
GENERAL HEALTH: Good
CRATE TRAINED: Unknown
OKAY WITH OTHER ANIMALS: has not been socialized
DOES THE ANIMAL RIDE WELL IN A CAR: yes
ITEMS PROVIDED: food, collar, leash and medical records
REASON FOR TRANSPORT: From shelter to rescue

PASSENGER #_3_
NAME: Sweet Baby Jane
BREED: Hound/Shepherd Mix
SEX: Female
SIZE/WEIGHT: approx. 10 lbs.
SPAYED/NEUTERED: Spayed
VACCINES: UTD with Health Certificate Yes
CRATE TRAINED: Some
OKAY WITH OTHER ANIMALS: Yes
DOES THE ANIMAL RIDE WELL IN A CAR: Yes
REASON FOR TRANSPORT: To Furever Home

PASSENGER #_4_
NAME: RayRay
BREED: Hound/? Mix
SEX: Male
SIZE/WEIGHT: Approx. 10 lbs.
SPAYED/NEUTERED: Neutered
VACCINES: UTD with Health Certificate Yes
CRATE TRAINED: Some
OKAY WITH OTHER ANIMALS: Yes
DOES THE ANIMAL RIDE WELL IN A CAR: Yes
REASON FOR TRANSPORT: From Foster To FurEver Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2008

PRINCESS ON TRANSPORT

Leg 1) CABOOL, MO - ROLLA, MO
65miles - 1hr5min - 7:00am - 8:05am
FILLED: By Sending Shelter, Thanks,
Meeting Place:

Leg 2) ROLLA, MO - ST. CLAIR, MO
54miles - 0hr55min - 8:10am - 9:05am
NEEDED:
Meeting Place:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
DEXTER ON TRANSPORT

Leg 3A) MORSE MILL, MO - ST CLAIR, MO
25MILES - 0hr35min - 8:20am - 8:55am
NEEDED:
Meeting Place:

DEXTER AND PRINCESS BOTH ON TRANSPORT

Leg 3) ST. CLAIR, MO - TROY, MO
51miles - 0hr55min - 9:10am - 10:05am
NEEDED:
Meeting Place:

Leg 4) TROY, MO - EFFINGHAM, IL
149miles - 2hr30min - 10:15am - 12:30pm
FILLED: Thanks, Sue B
Meeting Place:

TIME CHANGE (1 HR LATER) IN TERRE HAUTE

Leg 5) EFFINGHAM, IL - TERRE HAUTE, IN
68miles - 1hr10min - 12:40pm - 2:50pm
FILLED: Thanks, Jonni
Meeting Place:

Leg 6) TERRE HAUTE, IN - INDIANAPOLIS, IN
77miles - 1hr20min - 3:00pm - 4:20pm
FILLED: Thanks, Kathy
Meeting Place:

DEXTER DEPARTS TRANSPORT FOR HIS FOSTER HOME:

Leg 6A) INDIANAPOLIS, IN - PERU, IN
70miles - 1hr15min - 4:30pm - 5:45pm
FILLED: By Foster Mom, Thanks Dominque
Meeting Place: RESCUE AT LAST!!!!!!!

PRINCESS CONTINUES ON TO RESCUE

Leg 7) INDIANAPOLIS, IN - RICHMOND, IN
73miles - 1hr15min - 4:30pm - 5:45pm
FILLED: Thanks, Bev
Meeting Place:

Leg 8) RICHMOND, IN - DAYTON, OH
46miles - 0hr50min - 5:55pm - 6:45pm
FILLED: Thanks, Sjoujke
Meeting Place: I-70 & Exit 38 (Hwy 201) @ Bob Evans

TWO HOUND PUPS JOIN TRANSPORT
IN DAYTON

3 DOGS ON TRANSPORT

Leg 9) DAYTON, OH - COLUMBUS, OH
65miles - 1hr0min - 6:55pm - 7:55pm
FILLED: Thanks, Foni
Meeting Place:

Leg 10) COLUMBUS, OH - MANSFIELD, OH
66miles - 1hr10min - 8:05pm - 9:15pm
FILLED: Thanks, Tina
Meeting Place:

OVERNIGHT IN MANSFIELD FOR THE TWO PUPS
NEEDED:

PRINCESS CONTINUES ON TO RESCUE

Leg 11) MANSFIELD, OH - VERMILION, OH
51miles - 1hr10min - 9:25pm - 10:35pm
NEEDED:
Meeting Place: RESCUE AT LAST!!!!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2008

TWO PUPS ON TRANSPORT

Leg 12) MANSFIELD, OH - CLEVELAND, OH
81miles - 1hr25min - 8:00am - 9:25am
NEEDED:
Meeting Place:

Leg 13) CLEVELAND, OH - ASHTABULA, OH
63miles - 1hr5min - 9:35am - 10:40am
NEEDED:
Meeting Place:

Leg 14) ASHTABULA, OH - ERIE, PA
59miles - 1hr0min - 10:50am - 11:50am
NEEDED:
Meeting Place:

Leg 15) ERIE, PA - FREDONIA, PA
52miles - 1hr0min - 12:00pm - 1:00pm
NEEDED:
Meeting Place:

Leg 16) FREDONIA, PA - BUFFALO, NY
74miles - 1hr15min - 1:10pm - 2:25pm
NEEDED:
Meeting Place:

Leg 17) BUFFALO, NY - ROCHESTER, NY
74miles - 1hr15min - 2:35pm - 3:50pm
NEEDED:
Meeting Place:

Leg 18) ROCHESTER, NY - SHORTSVILLE, NY
29miles - 0hr40min - 4:00pm - 4:40pm
FILLED: By Receiving Rescue, Thanks, Sam
Meeting Place: RESCUE AT LAST!!!!!

Lizzie
10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
PRINCE DEXTER......:naughty: I LOVE IT. So serious isn't he.....this is Prince Dex at Rainbow Ranch

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/hathaway800/Dexterwaitingforaride.jpg

Lizzie
10-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Here is Dex at Rainbow Ranch...Thanks Debi!!!!

He is so serious....

Beth99
10-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Here is Dex at Rainbow Ranch...Thanks Debi!!!!

He is so serious....

LOL!! He looks like he thinks he's pretty cool in his bandana. A very big thank you to all who helped save him!

Mel2001
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
What a handsome boy! He reminds me a lot of Nash (but not as pudgy as Nash!). I'm glad Dexter made it safely to Rainbow Ranch! :thumb_yello:

2speckledblue
10-28-2008, 07:20 PM
More photos. Isn't Debi just the best, a true animal lover! She has all sorts of animals at her Rainbow Ranch.

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//584/Dexter_Rainbow_Ranch_2.jpg

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//584/Dexter_Rainbow_Ranch_4.jpg

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//610/Dexter_Rainbow_Ranch_6.jpg

Lolly
10-28-2008, 07:26 PM
OMG, the "RAINBOW" in Rainbow Ranch just gave me a mild heart attack!! What great photos! Debi is an angel! I'm so glad he's safe with her!

mlanger
10-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Dexter is one gooood lookin cattle dog!:paw:

Lizzie
10-28-2008, 07:43 PM
LOL...geez Lolly...I am going to drive you to drink:naughty: Sorry...
Prince Dexter is fine..:thumb_yello:

Beth99
10-28-2008, 07:46 PM
OMG, the "RAINBOW" in Rainbow Ranch just gave me a mild heart attack!! What great photos! Debi is an angel! I'm so glad he's safe with her!

Same thing happened to me!!!!

Mel2001
10-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Wow--Dex looks like he's lived at RR for years! Look how great and natural he is in his bandana sitting next to the pumpkin! He is so photogenic!

lauralu
10-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Same thing happened to me!!!!

and me too! Whew! Dexter looks great!!!

Dominique
10-28-2008, 08:06 PM
That boy has my heart Please lets all lite Bentley's that his transport fills and he gets here on Saturday. We have been waiting for this day for months. Thank you to everyone that has helped this little boy get this far.

Dominique
10-29-2008, 03:40 PM
:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2: I just received an email telling me to coordinate with Kathy on where to pic up Dexter. I am not for certain but is sounds like Dexter leg is filled but the last time I looked they still needed some legs filled after Dexter's run. I am sure Josie will keep us posted on that.

Doing the happy dance over here
:s5::band::woot_jump:

Lizzie
10-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Is that Jim playing the bass:naughty:

2speckledblue
10-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Dexter's legs from Morse Mill, MO, to Dom are all filled. I'm still trying to find help for the rest of the transport.

Lizzie
10-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Let me cross post to my group Josie....

2speckledblue
10-31-2008, 06:49 PM
The transport run for Dexter and three other doggies is a go for tomorrow. I am not the main coordinator since the run was combined with Princess so I won't get updates for every leg.

Dominique
10-31-2008, 06:58 PM
Jim and I are so excited about the little coming we already got his crate set up with a cozy blanket and toys in there. I can't wait to let him zoom around the yard. I will take pictures and get them posted.

2speckledblue
10-31-2008, 09:40 PM
I think I will be the monitor for Saturday since I offered my help and the other coordinator, Carolyn, has a few other obligations to take care of. Yea, I'd be nervous without knowing the progress on each leg until Dexter gets to Dom. Plus I'll get to help with Princess and two (maybe three) other dogs.

Lizzie
10-31-2008, 09:56 PM
I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited and THRILLED Dexter is finally getting to you Dom.......post picts PLEASE!!!!!

Josie...did I ever tell you how grateful I am for spearheading this transport...well I am. Whatever you need here in Philly...a cheese steak...hoagie...pretzel...
WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS PHILLIES T-shirt:thumb_yello:...it is yours:)

Dominique
11-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Jim is in having a talk with Hawk I had to laugh out loud as he was telling that he had a surprise coming later on today that would jump all over him, play with him, do the zoomies with him, finally give his older brothers and sister a needed rest, and he might even lose the tittle of "being the little **** of the family"

2speckledblue
11-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Josie...did I ever tell you how grateful I am for spearheading this transport...well I am. Whatever you need here in Philly...a cheese steak...hoagie...pretzel...
WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS PHILLIES T-shirt:thumb_yello:...it is yours:)

You're very welcome. I'm so happy to help. And you did so much for Nick! Congrats to the Phillies. I must admit that after the MN Twins lost their playoff bid, I wasn't much following the World Series this year. But I remember when the Twins won in 1991, I watched every minute.

2speckledblue
11-01-2008, 10:07 AM
I just talked to Debi. She's waiting with Dexter in St Clair, MO. The previous leg is running a little bit behind. She says Dexter thinks she's his mom. He knows sit and down. Once he downs, he then rolls over for his reward, a belly rub.

Lizzie
11-01-2008, 10:33 AM
You're very welcome. I'm so happy to help. And you did so much for Nick! Congrats to the Phillies. I must admit that after the MN Twins lost their playoff bid, I wasn't much following the World Series this year. But I remember when the Twins won in 1991, I watched every minute.

Well Philly has been jonesing for something...we had 3 million people at the parade yesterday. I counted....:naughty:

We loved Nick...we wish he would of loved Maxx.....:fish:

2speckledblue
11-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Dexter has left Troy, IL, on his way to the next transfer at Effingham, IL. Princess is not thrilled to be riding along with Dexter. He has been a gentleman however. She is the one causing the commotion.

Lizzie
11-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Girls are bitches...:naughty:be a good boy Dex.

2speckledblue
11-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Dexter is in Indiana with Kathy (kmodesitt)! Soon he'll be meeting his foster mom, Dom. I wish I could be there for the meeting.

littleroads
11-01-2008, 02:54 PM
LOVE THE UPDATES!! Thanks for sending!

Lolly
11-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I am sooooo excited that Dexter is finally going to make it to Dom's today. I've been following his saga all along, but now that the day is finally here, I'm checking back every 5 minutes to see how things are going and can't wait to get word from Dom that he made it! What a long road for this guy (literally and figuratively)!!

Thanks so much to the "DRT" - Dexter Rescue Team: Dom, Lizzie, Josie, and Eileen, and everyone else who's helped. Can't wait to get the official word that he's safe in Peru!

Laurey (back in 5!) :roll1:

dingoridge
11-01-2008, 04:21 PM
I agree, it's so nice to have a running commentary about where the kids are--it's always both apprehensive and exciting for the "kids" to be in transit to either their foster home or their forever home. We can share the excitement and the comments of how they are getting along on the trip. This little boy has been a long time in getting to his foster home. He looked wonderful at Rainbow Ranch with his bandana--looked like a different dog as they usually do after getting sprung from "jail".
J

2speckledblue
11-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Photos of Dexter, Princess, and the wonderful transport drivers.

Jim and Linda, Leg 3
http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//584/Dexter_and_Princess_on_Transport_Nov_2008_1.bmp

Sue, Leg 4, and Linda
http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//584/Dexter_and_Princess_on_Transport_Nov_2008_2.bmp

Jonni, Leg 5
http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//584/Dexter_and_Princess_on_Transport_Nov_2008_3.bmp

dingoridge
11-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Is this guy happy or what!!!!! And little Princess hopefully can have her surgery before long. Transport angels at work!! Thanks for the pictures.
J

Lizzie
11-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Just got off the phone with Dom...Dex is on his way home. I am just so happy for this guy, I have waited for this day since he was first posted in March

Dom says he is small...and he is beautiful and gave her millions of kisses. She will update with photos once she is home....

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!! :flower

2speckledblue
11-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Somehow I missed Kathy's call when she met up with Dom. So happy everything turned out as it did! Well, I'm still on duty to monitor the rest of the transport today but mission accomplished for Dexter. Princess doesn't arrive at her rescue until 10:35pm Eastern time.

Lizzie
11-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Job well done Josie...whew!!!!!!!:thumb_yello:

Dominique
11-01-2008, 07:37 PM
I am home and took a million pictures if I get 2 good ones that aren't a blur it will be a blessing he had dinner,went potty then came in and met Leo those two have been playing nonstop for the last 20 minutes I think he is finally wearing down. I am sure he will get along with everyone in the pack after he gets nuetered tomorrow he is meeting Hawk.

dingoridge
11-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Yea Dexter. Welcome home for a while. How wonderful he is doing so well after a long trip and many new faces. Keep us informed of the big surgery in the next few days and his meeting with Hawk. Look forward to pics.
J

Lizzie
11-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Be a good boy Dex:)Thanks Dom:flower

Lolly
11-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Rest up, Dexter. Today was a big day, and tomorrow will be too. We'll all be waiting to hear from you with photos and updates on things with Dom & Jim and the gang!

So glad you're FINALLY "home" and that you'll have a good night's sleep tonight!

Dominique
11-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Dexter is doing fine afraid of everything I got up early with him and took him out, he had the runs which was no surprise after all he has been through. Then he did the house zoomies along with "your stuffies taste a lot better than the sofa". we took him by Pet Smart on the way and let him pick out what he wanted which were stuffies he was afraid of everything else, we also got him so good puppy chow. He will be here for awhile he needs to learn trust, manors and just plain how to be a puppy. He is just so cute.

Lizzie
11-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Dom, do you know the last time he was fed and what? My poor Dexter....under your guidance I am sure he will learn to settle down. We have had Maggie for 2 weeks now and although she is still timid...she is starting to find her mojo:)

PICTS PICTS PICTS...Has he met Hawk?????

Dominique
11-02-2008, 10:06 AM
yes he has met Hawk and is on his way out to play him.

dickmar
11-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Looking for pictures, glad he finally got home to you.

2speckledblue
11-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Dex was very scared the first day or so at Rainbow Ranch camp with Debi. Then she said he seemed to adjust and be somewhat more relaxed. Sweet, his very own stuffies. What a lucky boy to have Dom and Jim taking care of him!

Dominique
11-02-2008, 04:21 PM
If I could leave Dexter alone long enough to post pictures that would help. He is just too cute we have been working all afternoon he finally learned his name with the name game, I not sure who had more fun Jim or Dexter.
I took so many pictures they went in to his own album I hope you all enjoy.

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s230/spiritwalkerdesign/Dexter/

On another note I looked at Dexter,s vet records in addition to needing neutered he will need a round of shots, including a Bordatella before surgery he only charges 10.00 for the Bordatella but requires it for surgery. checked for worms, and heart worms. He was given a rabies shot for 1 year (at least they did that) and a his first distemper shot only at 8 weeks old he never had a parvo shot or the rest of his shots how he is so healthy I honestly believe God and the angels stayed with him especially where he came out of.

We have raised enough for his neutering but will need more for the rest of what needs. Littleroads has the vet info to donate direct or please send some through this site and ear mark it for Dexter.

Lizzie
11-02-2008, 04:42 PM
I have a few extra bucks stashed somewhere I can help....looks like Hawk is putting Dex in his place..LOL. That is HAwk...right Dom? He looks like he has Maggies build.....???????

Dominique
11-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Hawk is the one with the nub tail, stocky build and a gecko on his head Dex is the one that is tiny with a Bentley almost as big as that tiny head and a racoon full tail.

littleroads
11-02-2008, 05:20 PM
[Note - merged threads - EL]

dickmar
11-02-2008, 05:26 PM
He is a cutie, looks like he is having fun. I'll send some to help with his Vet care.

Dominique
11-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Thank you Marg he is out playing with Mary Jane Beau is the only left to meet him.

littleroads
11-02-2008, 05:49 PM
If anyone would like to donate to help this little guy out you may do so directly directly to the vet. Just tell them to put it on Dominique Corner's account for Dexter, from Kansas. The vet's information is as follows.

Noah's Ark Animal hospital
1-765-868-8140

Dom - do you have a street address in case someone wants to mail a check?

Dominique
11-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I thought I would give everybody an update. He is so smart in the short time he has been here he has figured out the steps, dog door, what go to bed means, and the wooden floors. You talk about a wild child he is more like a 3 moth old puppy he is all over and gets into everything, if it fits in his mouth it goes in his mouth. He runs and squirms until he falls over. He is eating well but hasn't figured out treats yet in fact he doesn't much care for them.

He goes in the morning to get neutered along with all his shots and tests.

Lizzie
11-03-2008, 04:39 PM
He never got to be a true puppy Dom....:no:...that is why he is with you...:)

Let me (us) know how he makes out.....

Dominique
11-04-2008, 11:44 AM
The vets office just called to say that Dexter was finished he did great and we can pick him anytime after 3pm. The office feel in love with him they told me he behaved perfectly. On a side they were amazed that he came out of the hell hole he was alive considering he was not given the shots he needed. I will take pictures of the cone boy when he gets home.

havekissedfrogs
11-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks so much, Dom, for the update.....and for taking such good care of Dexter. :thumb_yello: He has a piece of all our hearts.

Lizzie
11-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I'll call you later Dom.....

Dominique
11-04-2008, 07:25 PM
The poor little guy is so out of it he still can barely walk and he is now sleeping comfortably. The entire crew had to go in a smell him in his crate to make sure he was okay. Hawk was a mess all day he would stop running around looking for his buddy. Jim is staying home tomorrow while I go to the market so that he has someone with him. Jim will also be home for the next week starting Friday to deal with the dogs since I am having surgery on Friday and won't be able to get around for a few days. Thank you everyone who put Dexter in there thoughts and donated to Dexter he thanks you so much I will take pictures of the cone head boy tomorrow after Market.

Dominique
11-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Dex finally woke up, figured out how to untie his E-collar, pee on Jim's base case all you could hear form the music room was "no Dexter that's my bass case little boy you can't do that oh well I guess you had to go and daddy's not mad at you" He ate some dinner, drank some water, went out to go potty then he wanted back in his crate so we put his crate in our bedroom and all the dogs are laying around him so that he feels cozy and safe..

Lizzie
11-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Tell Jim he is a gem....I can see why you married him...such a kind guy....DEX...LISTEN BUDDY...BEHAVE YOURSELF!!!!!

Dominique
11-11-2008, 06:37 PM
The little guy has been here about a week and a half he has brought nothing but joy to this family. He is a wild baby and a lover for sure a Jim puts it he puts his entire body, mind and soul in to everything he does. When he tries to calm down to get some loving his entire body vibrates. He plays so hard that we have to crate him for naps through out the day or he would keep going like the ever ready bunny. He has learned no, sit, and we are working hard on down and settle today he did his longest stay/settle it was for 35 seconds, yes Jim counted.

here are some pictures sorry they are blurry I had to take them from the window.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s230/spiritwalkerdesign/Dexter/PIC_0817.jpg

We finally got a picture of Beau along with Dexter Dex is in the back.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s230/spiritwalkerdesign/Dexter/PIC_0820.jpg

Dex blazing by.

That was all I could get he is just so fast and playful I can't get any in focus.
In case anybody was wondering we are in love with him.

Lizzie
11-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Bet he just LOVES you Dom and Jim. Thank you so much for what you have done for Dex. I am overjoyed to see him running around free and not in some cage....you guys ROCK! Give him a big hug from me.... Now take care of that knee Dom!:flower

Mel2001
11-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the Dex Report, Dom! He looks like one happy boy! I love his big swishy tail--it reminds me of Nash. In fact, Dex looks a lot like Nash (but very much on the thin side--I'm sure that will change in time!).
:biggrin2:

dickmar
11-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Great pictures and storys everyone :thumb_yello: