PDA

View Full Version : National Specialty in Sept......

Revsharox
02-08-2008, 01:47 PM
There may have already been a thread on this but as I am new to the board I have lots of questions. Really I just want to get info on how to enter, etc. I want to take Bella down and compete in Obedience and Rally if they have it. I may even try Agility if we are ready. I have already told my boss I'm taking the time off and am so excited to be some place where no matter where you look you see a cattle dog!!!!!!!! Thanks for any and all info you guys can provide.

Belgrael
02-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Hey there,

The official website is http://www.acdca2008.com/ and the organiser is Rebecca Elder, of WayOut ACDs. They don't seem to have timeframes or how to join up there yet but keep checking the website and as soon as information becomes available they will put it up there.

This is what Rebecca wrote in response to a question on accommodation in the ACD-L email list.

-----------------------------------------
Reservations are now being accepted at our *two* host
hotels.

The Microtel Inn - Hamburg
50 Industrial Dr
Hamburg, PA
610-562-4234

and

Comfort Inn Midway
Diner Road I-78, Exit !6
Bethel PA
717 933 8888

These hotels are one exit in either direction from the
show site off Interstate 78. Both host hotels DO have
a pet fee and it is per dog, per day. They would not
budge on this so be warned if you want to have your
dog(s) in the room, there will be a daily charge.
There are other hotels in Reading, PA, that may have
less strict dog rules but there is nothing acceptable
as close to the showsite without pet fees.

Campground information can be found at:
www.mountainspringscampground.com (http://www.mountainspringscampground.com/). This is very very
close (i.e. adjacent) to the show site.

Rebecca
2008 co-coordinator
------------------------------------------

If anyone finds out anything concrete can you please post it here for our members who may want to attend?

Thanks so much.

katldog
02-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Hey Kellie

Welcome to the list. Contact Rebecca at raecoo at aol dot com and ask how you can get on the list for the SPECIALTY PACKET. When that gets mailed to you it has all the entry information so that you can enter Bella.

Make your room reservations soon....you can always cancel later. Looking forward to meeting you there!!

Lynda

Revsharox
02-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the info.............see you there!!!!!!

Bosworthacds
02-12-2008, 01:29 PM
As the other co-coordinator for the specialty...another great site to go to is bullrunacdclub.org all the specialty news is there as well.

Lee