Thread: Bentleys Needed for Pele

AuCaDo Member

Default Bentleys Needed for Pele

Hey Cattle Dog community,

I've posted a few times about my new Cattle Dog, Radar, and his relationship with his cat brother, Pele. Pele is 19 years old and has helped raised a good handful of herding dogs in our family. Radar is no exception and the two are cuddle buddies these days. Pele has started to take a turn for the worst and is losing weight and seems to fading. The dogs seem to know Pele isn't feeling well, they've been loving on him a bit more the last few days.

Radar and Echo are asking their Cattle Dog buddies to light up their Bentleys for Pele and our family. We hope Pele can make a recovery but if not, give our family strength to say goodbye. I have had Pele since I was a little girl, and the thought of life without him seems unreal.

Thanks

Default Re: Bentleys Needed for Pele

Bentleys on high from here in Wisconsin, for however the situation goes. It is so hard when they get older and you know the time is coming. I have two ancient kitties too - one a barn cat who is 21 with thyroid problems and is in kidney failure, but has been for 3 years now. The vet is amazed every time I take him in for a checkup to renew his pills. But he is skin and bones, and eats like a horse, and is still pretty feisty.

I'm glad that your pups are giving some TLC to Pele. They do seem to sense when their buddies are not well. It does take strength to say good-bye, and while we hope for the best, sometimes "the best" means letting go. ♥
    Eileen
    Rody Jane, the Bionic Flying Stinkwad (Cattledog/Stinkwad mix)
    Allentine Valentine Porky-pine Hooverstein (Sir Barks-a-Lot) (ACD) (at the Bridge♥)
    George P-Dog (Perfect Dog) (Great Pyrador)
    Miss Dixie Two-Minute Moonpie - Official Foster Failure (Polka-Dot Dog) (Australian-American Rattledog)
    Carpe Ossium - "Seize the Bone"

Softly glowing Bentleys from Bandito and Titan and two very gentle meows from Max and Fat Cat Leah.I know how they fade. My first cat, Molly, whom we adopted when she was an adult, had to be sent over the Rainbow Bridge in 2004 due to kidney failure. I still see her once in a while, out of the corner of my eye. She was special, but so is every beloved animal we'd been gifted.
    Barbara, Titan and Bandito. Parker (BC), Baby Driver and Brumby at the Rainbow Bridge.

River's Bentley is glowing softly for Pele too.

Hugs from me.

AuCaDo Veteran

Ginny's Bentley is shining for Pele. Positive thoughts from me.

AuCaDo Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words and Bentleys.

Sadly, Pele passed away last week after losing his battle with kidney disease.
    He was cuddled up on the couch with his canine brothers when he passed, and I know he felt so loved.

R.I.P. Pele
    April 12, 1998 - September 7, 2017

7. This post is liked by:

Goodbye Pele. You will be missed so much!
    Barbara, Titan and Bandito. Parker (BC), Baby Driver and Brumby at the Rainbow Bridge.

Awwww I'm so sorry, I know it is so hard saying goodbye.
    It sounds like he passed peacefully and surrounded by love.
    R.I.P Pele.
    Jen
    Mom to
    Austin, Rosie, Bear & Ruby;

Sydney, Tucker, Max & Boomer (at the Bridge)

AuCaDo Veteran

I'm so sorry. I'm glad he passed surrounded by love. It is always so difficult and my thoughts are with you.

RIP Pele. It was a good way to go. I have a 21-year-old barn kitty who stopped eating yesterday. He has had thyroid problems and kidney failure for a long time. He's out there purring away in his bed. As much as I will miss him, it will be good that he passes before we have a brutal winter.

Maybe he'll meet Pele in kitty heaven. I hope so.
    Eileen
    Rody Jane, the Bionic Flying Stinkwad (Cattledog/Stinkwad mix)
    Allentine Valentine Porky-pine Hooverstein (Sir Barks-a-Lot) (ACD) (at the Bridge♥)
    George P-Dog (Perfect Dog) (Great Pyrador)
    Miss Dixie Two-Minute Moonpie - Official Foster Failure (Polka-Dot Dog) (Australian-American Rattledog)
    Carpe Ossium - "Seize the Bone"

12. 2 Users Like this:

AuCaDo Member

littleroads,

Pele had hyperthyroidism for 2 years, and the kidney disease just developed over the last few months. Sounds like our two feline buddies have very similar kitty geriatric issues. I hope yours passes easily if it's his time, and I'm sure him and Pele will be pals up in heaven