Thread: Rody Jane's dental

Default Rody Jane's dental

I took Rody Jane in yesterday for a dental, as I noticed she hadn't been eating as much as normal lately, and when she completely turned down a knucklebone last weekend, I figured something was up. Sure enough, she needed a tooth out - the tooth had a double root, and both were surrounded by abcesses. The vet said he thought it was probably very painful. So I dropped her off before work yesterday, and she was shaking like a leaf. She is always nervous at the vet's, but this time she crawled into my lap and kept looking up at me like, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE, MOM... I felt so guilty, even though she is treated like a queen at the vet's; she just doesn't like being left alone away from home. I did take her blanket along, so she'd have something familiar with her.

She came home all loopy and fought me about taking her meds, and of course Dixie wouldn't leave her alone. It was a long night. She paced and panted and whined... but this morning she took her meds with no problem, ate a full breakfast, and was much perkier than last night. I hope she sleeps well tonight. She has 10 days worth of antibiotics, 5 days worth of Rimadyl, and has to have soft foods for a week. Hamburger and rice made this morning, she wolfed it down.

Poor Roads. She's 13, and I'm hoping she doesn't have to go through a lot more. She had a tooth extracted last year too, and her cancer surgery in November. But she is a spry old girl, and still very much "in charge" on her home turf.
    Eileen
    Rody Jane, the Bionic Flying Stinkwad (Cattledog/Stinkwad mix)
    Allentine Valentine Porky-pine Hooverstein (Sir Barks-a-Lot) (ACD) (at the Bridge♥)
    TwoLane "Tappy-Tail" Truckpuppy (Golden Retriever - ACD Wannabe)
    Miss Dixie Two-Minute Moonpie - Official Foster Failure (Polka-Dot Dog) (Australian-American Rattledog)
    Carpe Ossium - "Seize the Bone"

2. This post is liked by:

Default Re: Rody Jane's dental

smooches and hugs to that old girl!!!
    Barbara, Titan and Bandito. Parker (BC), Baby Driver and Brumby at the Rainbow Bridge.

4. This post is liked by:

AuCaDo Veteran

Poor girl, but things will be getting better for her each day now. I'm sure the hamburger and rice helps too.

6. This post is liked by:

AuCaDo Veteran RickAKAFishslayer's Avatar

Dingo had a cleaning last year. Thank doG no serioyus problems. His breath smelled really nice... for about a month or two...
    My Aussie Cattle Dog will herd your honor students

She is feeling MUCH better! Back to fighting over queendom with the Moonpie. She goes in for a re-check on March 2nd, but I'm sure it will be fine. Her breath does smell much better. Not sure how long it will last either, as she does NOT allow tooth-brushing, but without the infection, it should be OK for a while. She had a dental last year too, and they pulled a broken tooth at that time. Hoping this is not a yearly thing! (Even though it probably should be...the cleaning, that is...)
    Eileen
    Rody Jane, the Bionic Flying Stinkwad (Cattledog/Stinkwad mix)
    Allentine Valentine Porky-pine Hooverstein (Sir Barks-a-Lot) (ACD) (at the Bridge♥)
    TwoLane "Tappy-Tail" Truckpuppy (Golden Retriever - ACD Wannabe)
    Miss Dixie Two-Minute Moonpie - Official Foster Failure (Polka-Dot Dog) (Australian-American Rattledog)
    Carpe Ossium - "Seize the Bone"

9. This post is liked by: