Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken Tooth

Default Re: Broken Tooth

Quote Originally Posted by sharirus View Post
    The good news is when the Vet praised how clean and well taken care of River's teeth are.
    I asked him if he wanted to clean her teeth while she is in surgery and he said he will give them the once over but thinks it will not be necessary.
    This is great because I have religiously brushed and scraped River's teeth and have hated every second of it. Knowing that I have been doing such a great job was a needed pat on the back.
    And you are getting another pat on the back from me. You are seriously my idol! I hope your good report inspires me to be better about this.
    Tucker had his dental cleaning from the vet in February, and Max is getting his on Monday while under anesthesia for his next CT scan (I get to take advantage of him already having to have anesthesia so I get this done at the same time).
    Jen
    Mom to
    Austin, Rosie, Bear & Ruby;

Sydney, Tucker, Max & Boomer (at the Bridge)

2. This post is liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Carol G View Post
    Pika's story is amazing!
    Yes she was a total stoic. There wasn't another mark on her at the time. A real mystery. I miss her bravery but I don't miss the guilt I felt each time it took hours to notice something wrong. Bug is the complete opposite. She has a tender hip nowadays and never forgets to remind me.
    "Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

4. 2 Users Like this:

Rody had her dental yesterday, and they found that her tooth was not fractured, just chipped, and not majorly, so she didn't have to have it removed. She does have one other tooth with a small cavity, and they said next time it may need to be removed, but for now, just keeping an eye on it. She also had a few skin tags removed from her gums. She now has pearly whites. And they said she was the "perfect puppy" - couldn't have asked for a nicer dog to work with.
    Eileen
    Rody Jane, the Bionic Flying Stinkwad (Cattledog/Stinkwad mix)
    Allentine Valentine Porky-pine Hooverstein (Sir Barks-a-Lot) (ACD) (at the Bridge♥)
    George P-Dog (Perfect Dog) (Great Pyrador)
    Miss Dixie Two-Minute Moonpie - Official Foster Failure (Polka-Dot Dog) (Australian-American Rattledog)
    Carpe Ossium - "Seize the Bone"

6. 2 Users Like this:

AuCaDo Member

I have a question if someone here doesn't mind answering. My ACD puppy Finn is 4 months old (20 weeks and 2 days to be exact) and yesterday we had a bit of an accident with him, where he had tried to stick his face out of the car window as it was being rolled up and he got his snout caught. In the process, his top left canine got knocked out. It was very traumatic and he was in a little bit of pain and shook up for a few minutes. My question is, given his age, would that have been a baby tooth? And should I have to worry about its adult replacement not growing in properly?

Thank you in advance for the replies!

That tooth was most likely a baby tooth (according to article below, adult canine teeth come in at about 6 months), so your pup may be just fine. However, did the tooth come all the way out, or is it broken, with a remnant or root still in the jaw? If that's the case, a vet visit is in order, as you don't want infection setting in.

https://www.petmd.com/dog/care/puppy-teeth-everything-you-need-know

I will add my annual summer warning here also...if you have automatic windows, and a dog that likes to stick its head out the window, please make sure the windows are in the LOCKED position, so your dog cannot accidentally step on the button and strangle himself - it only takes a few seconds, and is a horrible thing to have happen.
    Eileen
    Rody Jane, the Bionic Flying Stinkwad (Cattledog/Stinkwad mix)
    Allentine Valentine Porky-pine Hooverstein (Sir Barks-a-Lot) (ACD) (at the Bridge♥)
    George P-Dog (Perfect Dog) (Great Pyrador)
    Miss Dixie Two-Minute Moonpie - Official Foster Failure (Polka-Dot Dog) (Australian-American Rattledog)
    Carpe Ossium - "Seize the Bone"

AuCaDo Member

Thank you for the response! It was a baby tooth turns out. His other top canine fell out maybe 3 days after I posted just from playing and his adult canines are mostly in now

10. This post is liked by:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12