Thread: Benefits of Canned Pumpkin

Default Benefits of Canned Pumpkin

Eileen
    Rody Jane, the Bionic Flying Stinkwad (Cattledog/Stinkwad mix)
    Allentine Valentine Porky-pine Hooverstein (Sir Barks-a-Lot) (ACD) (at the Bridge♥)
    George P-Dog (Perfect Dog) (Great Pyrador)
    Miss Dixie Two-Minute Moonpie - Official Foster Failure (Polka-Dot Dog) (Australian-American Rattledog)
    Carpe Ossium - "Seize the Bone"

AuCaDo Veteran

Default Re: Benefits of Canned Pumpkin

I'm a big believer in canned pumpkin. It seems to help with Bonny Zali's stress diarrhea issues as well as Flagyl, for the milder cases anyway. Plus, Bonny Z really likes the taste. Interestingly, she vastly prefers Libby's to the organic health food brand (I agree with her).

I've read there is going to be a shortage this year so I plan to stock up. Costco has a good price on the larger size cans.

3. This post is liked by:

We use it too, both for gastric issues when needed, and for weight loss when needed. The dogs all seem to like it. I get the smaller cans though, as they don't use up the larger ones fast enough.
    Eileen
    Rody Jane, the Bionic Flying Stinkwad (Cattledog/Stinkwad mix)
    Allentine Valentine Porky-pine Hooverstein (Sir Barks-a-Lot) (ACD) (at the Bridge♥)
    George P-Dog (Perfect Dog) (Great Pyrador)
    Miss Dixie Two-Minute Moonpie - Official Foster Failure (Polka-Dot Dog) (Australian-American Rattledog)
    Carpe Ossium - "Seize the Bone"

So Cosco does have canned pumpkin! I looked and looked, couldn't find it. Saahara eats raw and kibble. Pumpkin has aid her in helping to digest both. She never has lose stool or upset tummies. I also hide her pills in pumpkin. Since she has a lot of them. 4 corn silk herbal, 2 cranberry herbal,1 fish oil capsel, and 1 joint supplement.There is no way I could afford pill pockets, so I'm glad I found can pumpkin.
    Bailey's Girls : Galaxy-Deaf Blue Heeler and Saahara- Red Heeler
    The business of ferrets: Kodi, Sterling and Tribble
    Rainbow Bridge: Willie, Binx, and Crackers (Never will forget my fuzzy children)

AuCaDo Veteran

I don't think Costco carries canned pumpkin year round, but they had it last Friday when I was there. It was on an aisle end display. I think it was 3 of the larger cans for 6.99. I usually buy at Walmart or Target as they have the better prices. I'm going to go back to Costco and get more.

If you have a Trader Joe's in your area, they've got canned pumpkin right now, too. Of course, TJ's has about 100+ pumpkin-related items right now.
    Melissa, Pack Mom to ACDs Nash & Ginger (aka Super Size & Fun Size), with GSPs Lilly & Pepper at the Bridge.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

AuCaDo Veteran

Got the pumpkin ice cream and gingersnap cookie sandwiches last week at Trader Joe's! Really good!