Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Thread: The AuCaDo **OFFICIAL** gratuitous dog photo thread.

Default Re: The AuCaDo **OFFICIAL** gratuitous dog photo thread.

The leaves fell and I took some pictures.

Ziva was being demure.

Peace was ... not interested.
    Lee. Cattle dog retirement home. | flickr | tumblr

2. 4 Users Like this:

Two happy and content dogs surrounded by beautiful colors....Thanks for sharing

Wow Lee... stunningly beautiful!!!
    Jen
    Mom to
    Austin, Rosie, Bear & Ruby;

Sydney, Tucker, Max & Boomer (at the Bridge)

Talking Re: The AuCaDo **OFFICIAL** gratuitous dog photo thread.

Just thought i'd give an update on Carson. He's almost 3 now. Still a ball of energy, but he's definitely settled down since he's turned 2 years old.

ball 1 copy.jpg
    One of Carson's favorite toys

sleep 1 copy.jpg
    If he's not playing, he's sleeping

snow 1 copy.jpg
    He hates the rain, so not surprised he's not too fond of the snow

6. 4 Users Like this:

I love me a whiter cattle dog! So pretty!
    Barbara, Titan and Bandito. Parker (BC), Baby Driver and Brumby at the Rainbow Bridge.

Awww, what a handsome boy! Lovely photos - what a great update! We're just starting to get snow here. Rody LOVES the snow, and loves to lay out in it. But she has that really thick undercoat, so the cold doesn't bother her at all. Dixie has the short rat-terrier coat so she gets cold a little quicker. But she has so much energy that I think she just keeps her "inner heat" going.
    Eileen
    Rody Jane, the Bionic Flying Stinkwad (Cattledog/Stinkwad mix)
    Allentine Valentine Porky-pine Hooverstein (Sir Barks-a-Lot) (ACD) (at the Bridge♥)
    TwoLane "Tappy-Tail" Truckpuppy (Golden Retriever - ACD Wannabe)
    Miss Dixie Two-Minute Moonpie - Official Foster Failure (Polka-Dot Dog) (Australian-American Rattledog)
    Carpe Ossium - "Seize the Bone"

9. This post is liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by littleroads View Post
    We're just starting to get snow here. Rody LOVES the snow, and loves to lay out in it. But she has that really thick undercoat, so the cold doesn't bother her at all. Dixie has the short rat-terrier coat so she gets cold a little quicker. But she has so much energy that I think she just keeps her "inner heat" going.
    I love to see ACDs in the snow... hope everyone posts their pics here so I can see! Didn't we used to have a "snowses on noses" (or something like that?) thread on here a while back?

Down here in South Florida we're getting our version of cold front and my crew gets more worked up than usual when they are out in the brisk weather... none of my current pack has ever seen snow, at least not that I know of. Boomer, who we just lost right before Thanksgiving , was the last of our original crew and of those who had seen/played in the snow when we would go visit relatives for the holidays. They sure loved it.
    Jen
    Mom to

Here is the "Snowses on Noses" thread to post your snow pics: http://www.aucado.us/forums/showthre...hlight=snowses

Aww, Jen, I am sorry to hear about Boomer. How old was he? What happened?
    Eileen
    Allentine Valentine Porky-pine Hooverstein (Sir Barks-a-Lot) (ACD) (at the Bridge♥)
    Miss Dixie Two-Minute Moonpie - Official Foster Failure (Polka-Dot Dog) (Australian-American Rattledog)

Yep, that's the thread. Thanks for finding that. I hope we get some new pictures in there.

If memory serves, I think Boomer was the same age as Rody Jane? He was born in January 2004. We got him from the mid-Florida ACD rescue group who moved him down from Pensacola and went over to Bradenton to get him, so I was lucky to have almost 14 years with him.

Poor guy had such a tough time time last year losing 3 (yes 3) of his "siblings" that he had lived with for the previous 10 years. That's what we get for having 4 ACDs that were so close in age, but still never thought we would lose them so close together. If you ever wondered how you would know if your dog was depressed, well, all I can say is when you see it you will know. That was Boomer once the other 3 were gone. He aged so much in this past year.

We got Austin and Rosie in 2016 and he was very compatible with them. Then we got the 2 young dogs earlier this year and that didn't help his mood. I always gave Boomer excessive amounts of attention. He was always "my dog" and gravitated to me for everything. He still loved to fetch tennis balls up until the end but his body started failing him, he was losing weight, not able to keep food down. It would go back and forth for a while where he would be fine for a week or two, then have days in a row where he wouldn't keep food down... other symptoms were creeping in his well and his body was just done. I am thinking he most likely also had some form of (undiagnosed) cancer. I would get up with him during the night anywhere from 3-5x usually per night, whenever he wanted, and this went on for months. We would go out in the back yard at all hours, walk around at 2:00 a.m. or whenever and sing songs or just explore. Whatever he wanted.
    We were both determined to not let him suffer, and watched him like a hawk for changes. It's a tough decision and never gets easier but we knew it was time and we were at peace with it. Still broke my heart.

He was the best ball-player-should-have-been-a-dock-dog, he loved it so much, diving out over the pool to catch a ball, swimming to get out, running through the yard and doing it over and over and over again. He was a momma's boy, (not that there's anything wrong with that ;-), and stuck by my side from the first day we laid eyes on each other. Of course I'm bawling my eyes out right now. We said goodbye right before Thanksgiving, and are grateful that it was very peaceful. He is now at the rainbow bridge, swimming and chasing balls again with his big sister Sydney, who taught him everything and always kept his ears especially clean, and is also thrilled to be reunited with his best pals Tucker and Max.

Sorry, this isn't the right thread to get into all of this but you asked.
    Last edited by mom22acds; 12-13-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    Jen
    Mom to

AuCaDo Veteran

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you Carol.
    Jen
    Mom to

Quote Originally Posted by mom22acds View Post
    I love to see ACDs in the snow... hope everyone posts their pics here so I can see!
    A nostalgic picture.

More recently, I was playing around with some photo stuff so I took a picture of Peace. She shoved he head into the couch pillow because she (again) didn't feel like getting her picture taken.

Lee. Cattle dog retirement home. | flickr | tumblr

16. 3 Users Like this:

I got all teary eyed...so sorry....
    Barbara, Titan and Bandito. Parker (BC), Baby Driver and Brumby at the Rainbow Bridge.

18. This post is liked by:

Jen, I am so sorry about all the losses you had, and so close together. Yes, Rody Jane is the same age, born January of 2004, and I got her in March of that year, for my 50th birthday. She's still doing pretty well, but she is in the very beginning stages of kidney failure. She goes outside a lot during the evenings when I am home, but she can hold it all day and all night otherwise. She's had a cancerous tumor removed from her leg a little over a year ago, and it is always in the back of my mind that it could very well return. But, for now we are really just enjoying our time together. She is NOT at all happy about Dixie joining our household, but, she tolerates her. For the most part.

Lee - I loved your pics of Margot and Peace. Allentine Valentine used to hide his head or turn away when he saw me get the camera out too. He hated getting his picture taken!
    Eileen

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546