Thread: Dog Toys - Recommendations

Hybrid View

Default Dog Toys - Recommendations

Toys your dog enjoys!
    Eileen
    Rody Jane, the Bionic Flying Stinkwad (Cattledog/Stinkwad mix)
    Allentine Valentine Porky-pine Hooverstein (Sir Barks-a-Lot) (ACD) (at the Bridge♥)
    George P-Dog (Perfect Dog) (Great Pyrador)
    Miss Dixie Two-Minute Moonpie - Official Foster Failure (Polka-Dot Dog) (Australian-American Rattledog)
    Carpe Ossium - "Seize the Bone"

Default Re: Dog Toys

Ho-lee Rollers! The first toy I've got for them that they can play tug AND fetch with...and they haven't ripped to shreds. They even work in snow, since they stay (mostly) on the top. I bought 3 more after the first, since we liked it so much. They're flexible and I can stuff them in bags for traveling too.

http://www.amazon.com/JW-Pet-Company...4222893&sr=1-6
    ~Diana~
    Rowan, Batty Koda, Luka, Siri & the 'chillas
    Fox Valley Dog Collars & Roka Pet Wear

Looks like they have a Ho-lee Mo-lee Extreme listed right below that!

http://www.amazon.com/JW-Pet-Company...998181-9542817
    Eileen
    Allentine Valentine Porky-pine Hooverstein (Sir Barks-a-Lot) (ACD) (at the Bridge♥)
    Miss Dixie Two-Minute Moonpie - Official Foster Failure (Polka-Dot Dog) (Australian-American Rattledog)

Suspended Account

Y Z loved tennis balls & plush toys. i would go to the local children's consignment store & buy 7 dollars worth of plush toys & get a huge teddy, several small soft dogs, maybe a raccoon...

and boxes of wal-mart tennis balls.

rtr

Talking Re: Dog Toys

These are Mickey's Favorite:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...WITHMICKEY.jpg http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...YONMYSHIRT.jpg
    MICHELLE & MICKEY
    "Folk will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog!"

Treatstiks, Squirrel Dudes, Kibble Nibble treatball, Twist n Treat, Biscuit Block, and Nylabones here. Kes gets all his meals out of either the Kibble Nibble or the Treatstik.

Of course Kes also loves CapriSun boxes, tp and toilet paper tubes, and socks. :P
    Erin
    with
    Ziva, Kestrel, and Aerten

Maggie Mae, always in our

Turns out her favorite toy is a quart size heavy plastic Gatorade bottle that I put a dog biscuit in and she loves it. Bats that things around, bangs it on the floor and chairs, nose butts everywhere. Tonight she took it to the top of the stairs and dropped it down. Too funny. Who would have thought the best toy would come from the trash. LOL

8. This post is liked by:

The eGGe is on sale for $15 + s/h...

http://leerburg.com/1196.htm
    Eileen

AuCaDo Ambassador The1AndOnlyWay7's Avatar

Default Re: Dog Toys - Recommendations

West Paw Designs Bumi
    Antlers
    Ropes
    Kong Ball
    Standard Kong
    West Paw Designs Tizi

Today I went to our local pet store because they had Chuck It and Kong toys 25% off and I really wanted to find a toy that would be good for the lake. I was so excited because I thought I found the perfect Kong one.

Well, we played with it for less than 20 mins and when she brought it back one of the tentacles was 90% ripped off. I looked closer and there was a small hole in it already too and the top part was already broken inside !! What a beast I have :-(

I brought it back and bought a Bomber Ball that is floatable and looks pretty indestructible. I will tell you how it goes.

For Valentines day her boyfriend Joaquin brought her a lovely new large 12" Tuffy toy that has stood up (so far) and I found is great for indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by littleroads View Post
    Wow, I always thought those Wubba toys were pretty tough!
    There were different types of material for the different Wubba's. There were ones made out of fire hose material and seemed much more durable. The Wubba I bought was specially made to float and was made out of a kind of wetsuit material.

Quote Originally Posted by sharirus View Post

I brought it back and bought a Bomber Ball that is floatable and looks pretty indestructible. I will tell you how it goes.

The Bomber has been a hit so far ! River has been playing with it all night and bugging us to play too. She really likes how when it's tossed on the ground, it randomly bounces around wobbling to and fro. It's very unpredictable and catches her off guard on where it's going to go. I'm looking forward to using it in the lake when it warms up.
    Last edited by sharirus; 02-19-2015 at 01:35 AM.

I saw my reply on this thread from a few years back. My how things have changed from their puppy days. Nothing stands up to my dogs chewing. We no longer can use antlers because Zoey broke her molar on one. Kong makes the most durable toys. Round toys do not last but the long shaped ones do. We buy quite a bit from Chewy.com. These are the only toys left that have withstood the test of time.

West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Aqua Blue Dog Toy

http://www.chewy.com/dog/west-paw-zogoflex-hurley-aqua-blue/dp/42966

KONG Squeezz Stick Dog Toy

http://www.chewy.com/dog/kong-squeezz-stick-dog-toy/dp/38424

KONG Jumbler Ball Dog Toy

http://www.chewy.com/dog/kong-jumbler-ball-dog-toy/dp/105499
    Laura
    Doggy Mom to Zoey,Slick and Gypsy May(found as a stray but here to stay)

I recently got an x-large Jolly Ball for Rooney (she has been destroying the basketballs around here and needed a substitute...). Totally in love with it the first moment she saw it. Played and played and had a blast. Completely and utterly destroyed 24 hrs later, and that's with selective playtime/putting it away. Hell hath no fury like the jaws of a heeler puppy.

Only two toys have really withstood her in any significant way. 1) Chuck-it fetch balls, small size with the hole in them. She will sit on the couch and chew on them like gum for hours, and there aren't even any teethmarks after 6+ months. Amazing. 2) Can't remember the company, but it's basically like a cat string toy, but built for dogs -- a plastic stick with a hardy rope attached. It used to have a squeak toy on the end (though obviously that is long gone), but the rope and stick have been surprisingly durable and she's more than happy to just chase the rope around and play tug. She LOVES this toy. All chase instincts are satisfied, and she wears herself out pretty quickly with it. It's nice because we can play in the living room after dark, because the play area is more contained than throw/fetch. 100% worth the money I spent on it, unlike many of the toys that, with a dog like her, are really single-use.

15. This post is liked by:

Wow, I always thought those Wubba toys were pretty tough! Never saw the Bomber ball, but I have one of the Tuffy toys, and that held up pretty well for a long time.
    Eileen