Thread: **Auction - Framed Easter Photo Montage** - CLOSED!

Thumbs up **Auction - Framed Easter Photo Montage** - CLOSED!

We are auctioning the very special AuCaDo Montage that was created for our Easter Egg Competition this year.

[imglink]http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//599/thumbs/FinalMontage.jpg[/imglink]

The montage is framed, featuring a custom, one-off frame created and donated very generously by the wonderful Katrina Napolitan, from ACDRA (http://www.acdra.org/).

The completed item will be roughly A2 in size (420 mm x 594 mm).

The frame is to be a surprise but if you want to see what Trina does, please check out her website.

http://www.amphitritestudio.com/fram...ks_albums.html

The reserve price of $30 USD covers postage so please bid high; all proceeds go towards the ARF donation pool and back to ACD Rescue.

Thanks to all who contributed their wonderful photos for this montage.

Please post your bids in this thread.

Here are some zoomed cutouts of the montage so you can see what you are getting.

[imglink]http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//599/thumbs/Cutout3.gif[/imglink][imglink]http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//599/thumbs/Cutout2.gif[/imglink][imglink]http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//599/thumbs/Cutout1.gif[/imglink]

Last edited by Belgrael; 05-17-2009 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Changed print size from A3 to A2. Looks better larger.
    Di, Bud, Nimble, Pudding, Tricky and Spook (and my Chippy at the Rainbow Bridge )

Founder/Director - Australian Working Dog Rescue Int (AWDRI)

Default Re: **Auction - Framed Easter Photo Montage**

Ok, due to the way the Classifieds system operates I am going to change the bidding format.
    Instead of bidding on that item please post your bid here in this thread.
    When the auction closes, and I haven't got a closing date yet, the highest bid wins. We will then organise payment via PayPal or whatever method is best for the winning bidder.
    Di, Bud, Nimble, Pudding, Tricky and Spook (and my Chippy at the Rainbow Bridge )

$100.00
    ACDRA Inc.
    Vice President
    Austrialian Cattle Dog Rescue Association
    FOSTERS NEEDED: www.acdra.org

I think only Australians know what A3 is Di. can you give the size in inches or centimeters please?
    Monica and the Bryn Mawr/Wooleston Bunch
    http://www.brynmawrcattledogs.com/

Sorry Monica, apparently the US is the only country not using the ISO standard of paper sizes, which are used everywhere else on the globe.

Here you go.

A3 paper = 297 x 420 millimeters (11.69 x 16.54 inches)

A3 paper, which is functionally equivalent to tabloid size paper (11 x 17 paper), is appropriate for bi-fold brochures and other full-size presentation or advertising documents. A4 paper, functionally equivalent to letter size paper (8.5 x 11), is the appropriate paper size for correspondence, records, and invoices.

*taken from http://www.graytex.com/a4-paper-sizes.htm*

I am still waiting on a precise size once Trina works out what will look best, so it may end up being bigger or a little smaller. Stay tuned.

Great explanation Di. I can remember when I worked at Office Depot we would have people asking for A4 and A3 paper. Having friends from Europe I was able to explain that we could order it for them or just take the sheets of paper closes to the size of what they wanted and cut it down.

They were somewhat surprised that someone knew what they were lookin' for.
    Michelle, Bandit, Gryffindor,Draco and Winky(Me and my gang)

Basically, a concise way to work out the sizes is to find out the size of an A0 sheet.
    Each sheet size after that is the previous one folded in half length-wise and then turned on its side.
    So, an A1 is an A0 folded in half, A2 is an A1 folded in half, an A3 is an A2 folded in half, and so on.

This page explains it very well in words and a diagram.
    Paper Sizes Explained

Pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about paper sizes (if you live in Britain or Europe) and maybe more.

'A' sizes

In Britain and Europe metric ISO 'A' sizes are the most common. The starting point is an 'A0' sheet with an area of one square metre. Folding this sheet in half results in an 'A1' sheet, folding an 'A1' sheet in half gives an 'A2' sheet, and so on. Because the height and width are in the ratio one to the square root of two the proportion of the sheets remains the same. This feature makes it very simple to adapt one design for several different purposes (for example a postcard, leaflet and poster).

Because 'A' sizes are so widely used 'A' size paper is relatively cheap and many machines are optimised for handling them, so 'A' sizes are often the most cost-effective option.

Size Dimensions Uses
    A0 841 mm x 1189 mm - posters
    A1 594 mm x 841 mm - posters
    A2 420 mm x 594 mm - posters, calendars
    A3 297 mm x 420 mm - posters, calendars, 'tabloid' magazines
    A4 210 mm x 297 mm - stationery, books, annual reports
    A5 148 mm* x 210 mm - personal stationery, books, brochures, leaflets
    A6 148 mm 105 mm - postcards, leaflets, invitations, booklets
    A7 105 mm 74 mm - tickets (*often set to 148.5 mm wide)

Here is the same information as a diagram:

Nice Di. I only knew about the 2 most common sizes asked for. A4 and A3. I wish we would use the metric system more. We only really learn about it in school. At least I did. Don't know if it's taught today. Honestly, I don't know how the children learn nowadays. I do know that people my age don't understand the homework their children bring home.

It's hard for them to explain math since it is done so differently. Reading is the same. I won't want to learn math today. You don't have to show your work.
    Michelle, Bandit, Gryffindor,Draco and Winky(Me and my gang)

Bump.

Auction will close in a week - June 2nd (USA time). Highest bidder will win.
    Current bid is $100 by Lizzie.

LIZZIE!!!!
    Lizzie, Can you PM me your home address so we can get the pic shipped to you?
    I'll PM you about where to send the money.

Thanks so much for putting such a wonderful bid on this prize.
    Thanks again to all our fantastic members who submitted their photos.