Thread: Dog ate his nylon dog leash

AuCaDo Member

Default Dog ate his nylon dog leash

Well today my dog ate his dog leash, he ate half of it, i called the vet and he said that i should just wait till my dog passes it through. So far my dog did a poo but i dont see anything blue in it. And my dog dosent look bloated.

My vet also said that i should feed my dog dry food which my dog has eaten. But im getting a bit worried. Its hot today and my dog has drank alot of water.

I am keeping an eye out for him... what else can i do to help it pass through ?

AuCaDo Member

Default Re: Dog ate his nylon dog leash

well so far, nothing he seems to be doing ok ... i think ... hes not bloating atm. Still im keeping an eye on him .

sigh

Hope he is OK. My dogs have ate all kinds of things they shouldn't have and I didn't find out until after I saw their poop.

When my old dog was sick with cancer my vet said it was OK to give him Metamucil. Maybe you can check with your vet on that? I used to buy the Metamucil Wafers and he loved them.

Also, Rusty used to love to chew his leash until I started putting pepper sauce on it.
    Laura, Ellie Mae, Scouty Boy,
    Rusty Wiggles,
    Lance, Pebbles
    & Miss Hayley (Angel ACD at the Bridge)

AuCaDo Member

well i just checked on him again... i gave him water to drink as its really hot here.. Ill be checking on him again.

He used to chewy his leash as a puppy, but that was three years ago, and today it was the first time in 3 years that he chewed it when i left the leash on him.

I think its because i washed it with some shampoo and the leash smells of that shampoo, thats why he liked to chewy on it instead of his bone.

AuCaDo Member Waynescustomleather's Avatar

This too will pass. Cotton navajo blankets are real fun, the facial expression when the dog is squatting with a long cotton strand the thickness of a shoe lace, laced with poop still working it's way out when he/she wants to be done is priceless. Hopefully he chewed the leash into little pieces and you'll only see small blue chunks. Hope it all works out, should be with 24 hours of ingestion.

Deb

Quote Originally Posted by Waynescustomleather View Post
    This too will pass. Cotton navajo blankets are real fun, the facial expression when the dog is squatting with a long cotton strand the thickness of a shoe lace, laced with poop still working it's way out when he/she wants to be done is priceless. .

Deb

Deb you are too funny!
    Laura, Ellie Mae, Scouty Boy,
    Rusty Wiggles,
    Lance, Pebbles
    & Miss Hayley (Angel ACD at the Bridge)

Berber carpeting is yummy too! My shep x, Katie, got nauseous one night and ripped up a thread of berber and ate it. We didn't know till I heard my mother screaming that there was rope coming out of Katie's bottom!

Nicole