PDA

View Full Version : Video...The Plight of the Dingo

Teddy & Taber's Mom
08-18-2007, 09:51 PM
A gripping video of what is happening to these beautiful animals.
:120104n_no:
Click on the primary video to view.

Warning, this video shows stills of hunted Dingo's.

Dingoes: Fade to Black (http://www.youtube.com/user/nikicd)

Peppercayenne
08-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks for posting that website; the video was indeed upsetting, it is awful to see the terrible human predation upon these beautiful creatures. It is not unlike the wholesale erradication of the wolf that once wiped a proud and beautiful species out of North America (and which still continues even today in Alaska as I understand it). It is so hard to understand why some of us humans have such a need to stamp out every last member of a species in this way; how I wish we could understand how to coexist with the wild creatures that share the planet with us.
Food for thought...it made me cry.
But there is a great deal of good information on the site, and thankfully there are beautiful pictures of living dingoes and educational info about them that helped to lift my spirits again. They are truly beautiful animals, and they deserve to be protected from extinction every bit as much as ANY of the endangered animals of our planet.
Shirley

Riddick
12-15-2011, 07:12 AM
I know this is an old thread and not all the thing's still work on here.
But I do know that the Dingo here is now becoming more important here.
There are now taking blood to fine the pure bred ones over the introduced ones.
As a lot of people who owned dogs thought it would be easier to dump their dogs in the bush, and these somehow found the dingos and were allowed to join this pack.
In turn these dumped dogs mixed with the Dingo and this has given the Dingo a mix breed.
On Fraser Island have got Dingo's to a pure strain and these are the ones that now are being really protected.
To me this is a good thing as the pure strain are more affraid of humans.
Though over the years even the Fraser Island Dingo's have become unaffraid of us.
So laws were bought in that if you get caught feeding the Dingo's you will be fined.
But the Dingo is set from a longer future now and that has to be good.