PDA

View Full Version : I'm crazy and Boot's getting a brother!

Boots Ma
02-19-2007, 02:50 PM
I should say Boot and Riser are getting a brother. Paul has always wanted three dogs. He always wanted a red cattle dog. An opportunity surfaced. The rest is history. I tried to back out this past weekend and when I found out what a happy go lucky and mellow puppy he is I wound up saying yes. It's all happening so fast.

I think I'm a bit crazy. Boot is at such a nice stage. Things are going beautifully with he and Riser. I am going to try to post my first photo bucket picture of the baby boy at 5 1/2 weeks. Paul and I haven't been able to agree on a name yet. He is coming to San Francisco all the way from Thunder Bay. He even has to change planes. I awaken in the middle of the night and ask myself what I'm doing. My friends think I'm crazy.

I know you guys will support me. Then again, if it wasn't for all of your adorable puppy pictures, I probably wouldn't be in this fix. LOL!!!!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t305/Boots_ma/New-Pup-600.jpg Kay

Dominique
02-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Kay,
I know how you feel I keep seeing red puppies and I have made a decision that the next will be a red baby. How could you refuse that face and I love his spots. I will have to admit being a multiple dog owner that the more cattle dogs you the better. But then that has always been my excuse to stay home and work. Needless to say it has worked all these years and I donate more time to the fur kids than I do work.

I am happy for you and I think you are not nuts at all. Please send us lots more pics. When is the little guy arriving?

Boots Ma
02-19-2007, 03:03 PM
:s1:Thanks for your support! It's nice to have especially since everyone around here thinks I'm nuts. If all goes well with the weather, he will arrive on Saturday.

Kay

Dominique
02-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Keep us posted and send pics

sierrasuenos
02-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Kay I am so sorry! You caught the puppy fever!!!! LOL! I am so happy for you! I for one do not think you are crazy. Its just that much more love to give and receive. Three is a good number. I wonder if we both should make it 4 to even things out! LOL :Smiles (9): For me personally, I am not sure if it is aesthetics, or just habit, but I LOVE a blue and a red together! There is just something about it. You get the best of both worlds. He sure is handsome. Keep us posted on his arrival date and I will be sending good thoughts for a safe trip. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dog-walking-emotico :party0042: :love0061:

littleroads
02-19-2007, 03:57 PM
How on earth could you be CRAZY??!!

Just love those "SPECKLES" (name-hint)...

dickmar
02-19-2007, 03:59 PM
He sure is a cute one, congrats. :love0046:

SshieldsSF
02-19-2007, 04:27 PM
kay....a huge congrats to you. i would know that face anywhere. :Smiles (9): hope he has a safe flight from up north nice choice! :party0038: susan

sierrasuenos
02-19-2007, 04:32 PM
OK so now I am curious. Who is he related too? Any one from the board?

SshieldsSF
02-19-2007, 04:47 PM
ok guys....do a bit more research....look at some of the puppy photos of some recent litters. read my post again. we can turn this in to a game! lol susan

LadyLaw
02-19-2007, 04:57 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/LadyLawOr/Dracula.jpg
You aren't crazy. But you are about to be CRAZY IN LOVE! LOL. What a cute little stinker he is. I also love those big while speckles. I bet he is going to be one gorgeous young man! And if I know you, you will do it right so that you don't go through the nonsense that I have gone through with Rodeo - but, in his defense, he was a "street dog" who came with a lot of bagge and not much previous loving or direction!

LL~

Belgrael
02-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Kay, he is adorable! Now I don't have a clue who lives at Thunder Bay so have no idea who he is :Smiles (5):. I'm so thick too, when it comes to guessing who these pups come from.

Best of luck Kay, you are just doing what all of us wish we were doing...getting a dose of puppy breath!! :Smiles (9):

sierrasuenos
02-19-2007, 05:06 PM
OK so you are putting me to the test. Hmmm. Lets see what I come up with.:s13:

Nevada001
02-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Kay

Congrats to you, he is a handsome little guy and what a sweet face. You now join the group of us with three or more. I know that face also and who his sis is. Will be thinking of you on Saturday. Please lots of pictures when you get the little guy home.

Jean & Girls:s1:

NHCD33
02-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Oh he is adorable. Got bit by the puppy bug did you?

Can't wait to see more photos.:s1:
:party0003:

sierrasuenos
02-19-2007, 05:17 PM
OK so this is my first attempt. Is he a Reddenblu? :blush:

SshieldsSF
02-19-2007, 06:41 PM
good guess. i think i was wrong about him having a sis in the area though. susan

artcrab
02-19-2007, 07:01 PM
What an absolutely adorable pup! Congrats! You will probably ask yourself "what did I do" for the next few months, but in the end, it will be worth it! He even has a mini version of Taser Tot's eye patch. Now - I wonder if Boot will teach him to take pictures upside-down?!:Smiles (9):

Keep the pics coming!

lauralu
02-19-2007, 07:01 PM
he is absolutely adorable! CONGRATULATIONS!

With all the new puppies I think I am coming down with a case of puppy fever. I like what you all said about four being a nice round number, now if I can just talk hubby into it.

:Smiles (6):

Kim
02-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Mmmmm yummy puppy breath's a comin'!!! I'm so envious as he is TOO darn deliciously cute... my goodness what a LOOKER!! And I can't wait to

1) See more pics
2) Find out who guesses the family tree (I have not a clue<whine>)

Congrats on the newest kiddling - gosh I just LOVE puppyhood!! :Smiles (6)::Smiles (9):

acd4me
02-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Wow Kay!!! That is so exciting!!! What an adorable pup!! I can't wait to see more photos. You'll have to tell us which kennel he is from and all the details!!

Lovin' the red pups,

Ann

SshieldsSF
02-19-2007, 09:24 PM
erin guessed the kennel correctly! susan

katldog
02-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Congrats Kay --I am glad you said yes. You asked all the right questions and if the answers really were correct you will have a boy that fits right in.

Congrats also on getting one of them Canadian Imports.. course you know he is related to my Pearl (yes he is a Reddenblu). May you be luckier then me as I may well have to have Pearl debarked!!

When is he due in?? I bet Paul is ssssooooo waiting - I know he has wanted a red for some time!

Lynda
www.austlynacds.com (http://www.austlynacds.com)

Rock Hill
02-20-2007, 10:00 AM
What a face!!!! :love0019:
Kay, i'm so excited for you! :cool0012:
i'm sure that cutie pie will make you very happy.
We'll need to see alot more of him.......CONGRATS!
And you're not crazy, you just have extra room in your heart to give more love. Good luck, i can't wait to hear all about him.

LovCattleDogs1
02-20-2007, 07:18 PM
I want a red puppy!

Its just not fair! I should get everything I want!
I deserve it...I'm almost 50 years old....why do I have to ask someone else's permission to get something I WANT!:s13:

Now I am sulking....but oh so happy for you!
:s1: :s1: :s1: :s1: :s1:

He is just BEAUTIFUL! I love the white mottling...
These dogs are so much like Lays potato chips.....
:Smiles (9):
Congrats on the upcoming new addition!

Boots Ma
02-20-2007, 07:41 PM
:s1: Thanks so much everyone!! I'm nervous, Paul's suddenly nervous...Yikes this seems like a pretty big deal. I'm waiting to hear about plane arrangements etc. There were 5 pups in the litter. One girl who is going to BC and 4 boys. The Reddens are keeping the alpha red male and a blue male. I was very clear I didn't want alpha. With my two boys already at home, the temperament is crucial. All of the red boys looked cute to me so I'm going with mellow. After all it's a cattle dog. How mellow is mellow? They said he is very happy go lucky and calm boy that is very attracted to dogs and people. When I did the brightening with photo shop the white spots really came out . I don't think they'll be like that in person. He's older now and they change so fast.

I really appreciate all of your support and good wishes. It really helps getting through the waiting and wondering period. I see LL put in one of those funny pictures of Boot again. Glad you are on line.

I know there was some confusion as to the girl pup in this litter. Does anyone know who's getting her? It would be good to be in touch.

Thanks again,
Nervous Nellie

littleroads
02-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Sheree - Rody Jane was my 50th birthday present, I got her at 9 weeks old. Then, just before I turned 51 (still 50, hehe...) Allentine Valentine came into my life. So I got TWO cattledogs in my 50th year...LOL, you just gotta talk nice to the ACD gods...
:010105b_wink:

ScrubbyCreek
02-21-2007, 09:30 AM
What a gorgeous puppy!! I look forward to seeing more pics, and watching him grow!! :love0019:

I only know one breeder in Thunder Bay, and by looking at this beautiful little guy I'd have to say that's where he came from. :p

jomarie6466
02-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Kay,

What an adorable pup you are getting-I bet you are really excited. Does he have a name yet? Does your hubby plan on helping you with him? You will have your hands full now, but everything will be fine.

Congratulations! :s1:

Boots Ma
02-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Paul is planning on being a big help with the puppy. He works a lot but sometimes the days are long and then he'll have a few days off. When we got Boot he was working and in school getting his masters. Thank goodness school is over!

I just returned from the vet with Riser. Boot came along for the ride. Riser has a bad ear infection. It cost $207.00. Yikes! Vets are expensive in California. Boot was funny. he kept jumping up and giving Riser kisses the entire time he was being examined. He followed the vet around and watched his every move. He licked the vets arm while he was working on Riser. The vet wanted to know where I got him. He said he'd never seen a cattle dog like him. I don't think he would have been a bit cute if it had been him up on the table.

I hope the new pup is nice. Otherwise, I'll be in trouble.

Kay

katldog
02-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Paul is planning on being a big help with the puppy. He works a lot but sometimes the days are long and then he'll have a few days off. When we got Boot he was working and in school getting his masters. Thank goodness school is over!

I hope the new pup is nice. Otherwise, I'll be in trouble.

Kay

AAhhh Kay you MUST share the photos of when Paul first met Boot AND the one I just love of Paul trying to sleep.

Yup - he will help with the new pup just fine. And what dog would not do well with all the care and training you put into them. Timimg is good too as the weather will begin to be nicer and nicer. Now your Mom on the other hand will most likley think you a tad bit crazy - but I bet she is looking forward to meetin Wink soon too. Wonder what his new name will be

I DO expect a call after he is settled in

Lynda

babswilde
02-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Boo Hoo..... I don't see any pic of this new pup coming into Boot's and Riser's life..... Wonder if the post got too old? Oh well. Post some pics when the mella fella arrives.

btw: Titan is mellow. My husband and son had pick of the byb litter, and he was the fella hanging back a little, and watching carefully. He's very smart, and very much a baby (spoiled baby).

LovCattleDogs1
02-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Crazy (according to my handy dandy American Heritage Dic.tion.ary) is defined as:

crazy (cra'ze) . adj. -zier, -ziest 1. Mentally unbalanced; insane.
2. Informal Departing from proportion or moderation.

I checked my other dictionary and it didn't say anything about bringing a little hairy bundle of love into your life. If you were getting a baby gorilla...well maybe then you would be (cra'ze)!

:Smiles (9):