PDA

View Full Version : URGENT -- donate to new movie about Skidboot (famous ACD) by 11/4/11

YogiBear
10-31-2011, 08:19 PM
I seldom use my home computer but did today and got an e-mail request dated 2 mo ago. $4,000 needs to be donated in order to get a special interest movie made about the most famous ACD "Skidboot". Go to http://Skidboot.com or click on the link below to see what this is all about. I know monies are tight in this economy for everyone even the rescue groups. I'm looking at this as a great opportunity to perpetuate ACDs so people can see them for the smart loving dogs they are. This will help ACDs worldwide ... people will realize what the breed is about and through that hopefully less future ACDs need to be rescued. People will know about the breed before they buy them and have no idea what to do next! I know money is tight for everyone and rescue is very important. Minimum donation is $1. If we get enough $1 it could make the difference. Please do what you can and pass this information along immediately. The deadline of Saturday at 10 p.m. EDT is just around the corner. BTW I did e-mail David Hartwig ([email protected]) (Skidboot's owner) and he confirmed this is LEGITIMATE! There are not that many great dog movies out there. This is a great opportunity for ACDs to steal the show! Thanks for your consideration.

Still note sure what to do. Please consider even the $1 donation. Go to http://Skidboot.com and watch some mini-videos. This famous dog has been on Animal Planet, Oprah and countless other shows.

Note: The $5 donation even gets your donation listed on Skidboot's facebook and website accounts. Each level of donation gives additional incentives. At $500 you will get a banner on Skidboots website for your organization ... great publicity!!!!!! rescue groups. For $5,000 you or your group will be listed in the movies ending film credits.

This is part of the original e-mail I got about the film:

Hello Skidboot Fans!

By now, you may have heard about the ‘Skidboot feature film Project’.

We are bound and determined to make this heartwarming true Texas story into a movie!

To find out more, please view the Kickstarter ‘Skidboot Feature film Project’ at the following link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1635224250/skidboot-movie-project-heartwarming-true-texas-sto?ref=email (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1635224250/skidboot-movie-project-heartwarming-true-texas-sto?ref=email)

Booboobear - owned by 3 loving ACDs:pawup:

surfengine
10-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Why is this urgent?
I am a big fan of movies and cattle dogs.
I'm not sure what kind of movie they plan to make with only $4000. A 1 day rental fee for a real movie camera like a Red MX 4K is nearly $1500/day.

I'll support the film when its in the theatre or on amazon instant.

b.limey
11-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I heard probably 2 years ago that a movie was in the works. Of course Skidboot passed away and Hartwig is working with another ACD, maybe Skidboot`s son. Not sure why they need donations.

Gill and Boo.

TexasCDLorenz
11-01-2011, 04:53 PM
David Hartwig does do some fundraising for shelters, but the true story of Skidboot is not a very good one IMO. They never neutered him & let him breed with his own dam (never bothered to spay her either) Even after they found out he had an eye condition, they bred him. His mother had numerous litters from Skidboot and the other male dog that lived on their ranch. In NO way do I want everyone to think they want a Cattledog! Bad idea for a movie! This guy has made enough money off this dog, who he got for free. Skidboot was a Cattledog mix, born in a barn and given to Mr Hartwig (several days later, the owner of the barn where he was born, dumped off his mother at the Hartwig ranch) The dog was smart ( I saw him at local rodeos before he became famous) But I think they have made enough money off of him. This dog did NOT get the best of care, before he became famous!

pjspatz
11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Hummm..... dog and owner became famous and well paid for personal apperances....pretty sure the have (had) a better income than me. I would rather donate to rescue AND finding a cure for PRA which this dog has passed on to the litters he sired since he was not a carrier, but effected. Its the "un"famous that I would rather support.
Just sayin

DirkW
11-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm with y'all. Lots of better organizations and causes to donate my money to than this movie.

dogdragoness
11-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Here here! I think he has done plenty to show up the cattle dog breed, tho they are indiscriminately bred enough without the "101 Dalmatian effect" to make it worse.

Skid boot was a mix? I didn't know that, also they let him breed ... With his MOM???

TexasCDLorenz
11-13-2011, 02:23 PM
There is a book about Skidboot, that you can buy from Amazon or get from the public library (I received it as a gift) Skidboots dam was a stray dog. No one knows what sired the pups. She was never spayed, but had several litters of pups, from either Skidboot or the other intact male that lived on the ranch. I think he may have been neutered later in life, but there were plenty of pups sold locally, before he became famous & especially as he became more well known. I would say he was a mixed breed, as no one knows what breeds were in his dam, since she was a stray and especially since no one knew what kind of dog sired the pups. They are still making money from that book! They are also still breeding puppies! If you check their web-site, they always have puppies, but nothing about any kind of health tests. The pups are cute, but no cuter than the thousands of Heeler mix pups that are put down in Texas shelters.

dogdragoness
11-13-2011, 10:39 PM
True, tho that's prolly why he was so trainable lol lol, he had something else in him to "tone down" the cow dog stubbornness (don't egg my house I'm only kidding ...) I just loved this cuz the relationship he had with skid boot was much like the relationship I have with my Izze.

I'm going to try to google his site ... Tho I have a funny feeling I'm going to come out with a bunch of videos.