PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering - Temperament/Personality: ACD vs ASTCD?

GingerSnap
10-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi Folks,

I wanted to to get opinions on your personal experiences. What have you noticed the temperament and personality traits that differ and are the sme in ACD vs ASTCD?

I know that both are loving, loyal, intelligent, active. How else are they the same and how do they differ?

I appreciate any comments :redpuppy:

CattyBossDog
10-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Hard to say. They differ so much from dog to dog. Had a couple of Stumpies that were totally different in character, more like a BC, but then have had a couple that could have passed any ACD test, one I'm thinking of in particular was as totally ACD in traits and character as it gets. Had I glued a tail on that dog not even a judge would have picked it up (apart from lacking tan). lol

littleroads
10-17-2011, 01:26 PM
I've never met a stumpy, so couldn't tell you anything based on personal experience. Temperaments and personalities vary so much from ACD to ACD, that I would think the same would apply to stumpies as well. You'd have to meet one, or check with a breeder/rescue to learn about an individual's temperament/personality. I would think their traits in general would be very similar.

Allison HB
10-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I agree that there's so much individuality between dogs. Now that I'm owned by a stumpy (having had ACDs before) I don't see anything really different. What you might notice more would be physical or activity style differences. My Bug has a different gait and overall way she moves which could be due to the differences in their body type. Stumpies apparently work longer and harder according to stock people but again its probably subtle and biased.

GingerSnap
10-17-2011, 04:56 PM
I've only ever been owned by a Stumpy and am hoping to be owned by another in the near future. I was just wondering if anyone who has been around both noticed any real personality differences. I remember when we went to pick Angus up from the shelter, emblazoned across his paperwork in big red sharpie was the word "GOOFBALL" and I cannot tell you how much that fit him. :redpuppytongue: