PDA

View Full Version : Sandy's neck is hurt again

Bluerules
08-06-2009, 04:09 PM
She was out side by herself while the other three where inside I sorted out a loud of laundry put it in the washer then went to go get her and she's all buggered up again :cry: she can't turn her head to the right at all it's soo sad I do not know what to do this time the vet old me to make a video of it and send it to him because he never really got to see her in pain like she acts at home. So im in the process of trying to upload the video to the net please lite some bentleys that this only last a day.. last time it took her almost two weeks to get back to normal and $2500 in vet bills to say they didnt know what the probelm was. I gave her a dose of Metacam because she seems to be in pain :cry::cry::cry:

Bluerules
08-06-2009, 04:20 PM
How do I upload videos to this site??? or even any other one I want people to see her maybe it's happened to somebody elses dog or somebody can help...

Dominique
08-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Poor baby give her a big kiss for me and let her know that all Bentley's are lite up here.

Bluerules
08-06-2009, 04:37 PM
ok I think I got it this is the link to Sandy.. she can't turn her head to the right at all.. I know it's mean to make her walk around when but im just trying to show the vet what's going on.. maybe somebody else has an idea to..
hope the link works

aS8NTszGhJo

littleroads
08-06-2009, 04:37 PM
I can't help with the video (I'm sure someone else will be able to), but here are a couple of websites about neck and back injuries:

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/neck-and-back-pain-in-dogs/page1.aspx

http://backandneck.about.com/od/conditions/tp/commoneckinjury.htm

Beth99
08-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Did your vet rule out vestibular syndrome? It is common in older dogs, and very often a cause is not found, but it affects the balance of a dog (it usually goes away after 2-3 weeks). It doesn't look like a classic case of vestibular syndrome, but the head tilting like that is one of the symtoms (she looks a little off balance to me when she is walking, like she is trying not to fall to the right). VS probably isn't the problem, but since they didn't find the cause last time, it probably wouldn't hurt to ask your vet about it.

Belgrael
08-06-2009, 05:18 PM
I wonder if it's just a case of muscle spasm? It looks like I feel when I sleep badly and wake up with a crick in the neck and can't turn it all day.

Apart from that I don't know.

Bluerules
08-06-2009, 06:24 PM
I wonder if it's just a case of muscle spasm? It looks like I feel when I sleep badly and wake up with a crick in the neck and can't turn it all day.

Apart from that I don't know.
Im not sure what all exactly the vet ruled out but he did $2400 worth of tests alot of the names I forget and he couldnt find a darn thing wrong with her! So im secodn to thinking she must just get a crink in her beautiful neck .. the past few times it happened it was always when she just woke up. This was in the morning after I let her out for a morning pee (all byherself) but I didnt notice it when she woke up and was chilling in the kitchen waiting to be let out.. so im hoping and praying it goes away quicker then last time and never happens to her again!:grr: this time im telling myself not to panick and relax and be as normal as possible. last time I went bonkers. :(

Linda Watkins
08-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I can't remember -- have you checked in w/ a chiropractor?

Bluerules
08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I havent no and im despritely trying to find the information that the vet gave me for one in Edmonton. it's lost in all my documents and im searching.. hopeing that everytime I look up Sandy will be better

cowdogs4me
08-06-2009, 08:31 PM
AWWW Poor Sandy. I hope you find out what is wrong soon. I watched the video, and I have no idea either:(

mlanger
08-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Poor Sandy Bones!
I don't know what it is.
I Had a dog that got a crink similar to what Sandy is doing.
What it turned out was causing it was he was jumping off a very low porch.The porch was only 2 steps high. He didn't have time to wait and go down the stairs. when he sorta hopped down with his front feet, his back
feet would slip out a little. It was such a little slip it was hardly noticeable.
but thats what was causing his stiffness. I put carpet on the porch and he was cured. I would never have figured it out myself. It was a dog
sports chiropractor who suggested the dog was slipping on something.
All the Bentleys here are glowing for Sandy to be better fast.:paws:

lauralu
08-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Oh no! Hugs for you and Sandy!!! Mary has a good point though...maybe Sandy slipped on something? Hope she feels better soon!

KAKZooKpr
08-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Bentley glowing for Sandy to get well soon!

Kristina

competitivek9s
08-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Sending Hugs and Bentley's for poor Sandy!

k9blueheeler
08-06-2009, 11:09 PM
3 Bentleys glowing here for you. Prayers are being sent your way also. Too bad you aren't in my neck of the woods. We have an awesome Chiropractor here. He's really good. Hopefully this heals up soon.

3blues
08-07-2009, 03:14 AM
Bentleys glowing here on high for your beautiful little girl. All 20 paws crossed! :D

Try not to worry so much this time. Take it one day at a time. :)We're all here for you. :) Maybe she did just get a crick in her neck or muscle spasms. Hang in there sweetie. :)

Bluerules
08-07-2009, 08:31 AM
THANKS, she's still the same this AM and she slept next to me all night and I heard she cry out once while changing positions. I know she must be in some pain if she slept right next to me the whole night. Im keeping my hopes high this time but it was soo hard to sleep last night I only got three hours in. I kept turning on the lights to check on her position sleeping see if she got to put her head down on her right side. I will keep in touch everyone thanks again she needs all the help she can get

littleroads
08-07-2009, 09:16 AM
I am so sad to hear that Sandy's not feeling well again! :(

Were you able to send your vet the video? Please let us know how she does. I'm no vet, but it almost sounds like there is something (vertebrae or disk or something?) that is popping out of place on her...
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/onestarfish/Glowing%20Bentleys/th_07_02-04AllenGlowingBentley.jpghttp://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/onestarfish/Glowing%20Bentleys/th_GlowingBentleyRody.jpg

Bluerules
08-07-2009, 11:08 AM
sandys gotten worse then ever this morning she can barley walk and is crying alot im in touch with two different vets both are out of my city I might have to bring her into my e vet in the city which is so expensive and they dont know her history but I dont know what to do she's in a lot of pain im torn up inside I can feel every bit of her pain I don't know what to do

Ringtailroxy
08-07-2009, 11:50 AM
oh no!

Beth, i was thinking of geriatric vestibular disorder as well, but usually the dog circles, and it always is associated with nystagmus.

it's so scary when you don't know whats wrong, and all you know is your dog is hurting. i wish you & Miss Sandy relief.

rtr

Beth99
08-07-2009, 11:55 AM
So sorry that Sandy feels worse this morning. Bentleys and prayers coming your way for both of you!

oh no!

Beth, i was thinking of geriatric vestibular disorder as well, but usually the dog circles, and it always is associated with nystagmus.

Without the nystagmus I thought it probably wasn't it, but thought I'd mention it anyway. Denny didn't circle when he had it, he walked very much like Sandy, but he did have the nystagmus for the first day. Do dogs ever have VS without the nystagmus?

Bluerules
08-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Did your vet rule out vestibular syndrome? It is common in older dogs, and very often a cause is not found, but it affects the balance of a dog (it usually goes away after 2-3 weeks). It doesn't look like a classic case of vestibular syndrome, but the head tilting like that is one of the symtoms (she looks a little off balance to me when she is walking, like she is trying not to fall to the right). VS probably isn't the problem, but since they didn't find the cause last time, it probably wouldn't hurt to ask your vet about it.
the more read about this the more it sounds like this could be the probelm. Although the vet did 101 tests including a spinal tap and came back with nothing. He seen the email of the video and he suggusts another CT but im not sure if remember that she already had one so im waiting for a phone call after he looks over my file. she's only been getting worse she walks with her back hunched up head down and to the left slow short steps she goes in a circle to the left when shes getting up or down or before she starts to walk towards you. And last time it lasted almost two weeks so im not to sure whats going on:cry: I will keep in touch!

Bluerules
08-07-2009, 01:20 PM
and she seems to be stiff and in pain all her muscles are tense and she hunched up.. shes more in pain and stiff then 'out of it'

Bluerules
08-10-2009, 12:32 AM
well wouldn't you know within two days of the first signs and a whole day of her in BAD pain not being able to walk the worst I ever seen it.. she's FINE! Bentleys work! :) thanks everyone.. it's such a dog gone mistory what's going on with her

3blues
08-10-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm so happy Sandy is doing better. It's such a mystery what is wrong with her. Poor baby. I'm sure the bentleys helped but more so I bet it was mama's love. :D Take care of your sweetie. Stay in touch with the vets though & see if they can figure this out. I hate to think it will continue to reoccur.

2speckledblue
08-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Awesome that Sandy is better!!!!!!!!!!:)

lauralu
08-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Awesome!!!! So happy that Sandy is better!

Belgrael
08-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Great news Shannon! I hate mystery ailments though. It's always nice to know the cause of something like this.:(

Bluerules
08-10-2009, 07:30 PM
I know it's bitter sweet because I really want to know what is wrong