PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to the Nationals in October

katldog
08-05-2009, 12:43 AM
I just confirmed my tix - for those of you who have not yet done so check out Alaska!!

They now have a direct flight from SeaTac to Austin, Texas. For those in other areas that have access to Alaska Airlines - Austin is their newest addition city and only 70 miles from Belton. For round trip tickets plus Travelers Insurance I paid a total of $260.00 !! It is only a 4 hour flight and fees for dogs are $100 each way.

My grandson just went round trip from Santa Rosa to Portland - only a 90 minutes flight - and it cost us over $300 for the tix. This is a great fee so I figured to let others know before flights get filled up.

Lynda

Jake&Tex
08-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Wow- that's a really good price! And only $100 for the dogs each way?? (in cargo?) That's pretty good too, from what I've seen!

jrmgreer
08-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Make sure to come by and see us!! Texas Cattle Dog Rescue will have a booth! You can meet some of the MANY dogs we have had posted on this forum in the past year! :) I look forward to meeting you!

cowdogs4me
08-05-2009, 08:30 PM
That is a great price! If I did not have plans already, I would jump on it!
I am going on a road trip. I will be going with Jean(Nevada001). We are driving from Reno to Texas with her fur-kids. I am so excited:D
;):)^^

k9blueheeler
08-05-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm getting mine tonight. I am flying into Houston,TX and riding out with Serenity. It's going to be a fun one. I can't wait to see Jean and other people that I know. I also want to meet some people who I don't know. I will definently stop by the TCDR booth.

katldog
08-09-2009, 10:38 PM
That is a great price! If I did not have plans already, I would jump on it!
I am going on a road trip. I will be going with Jean(Nevada001). We are driving from Reno to Texas with her fur-kids. I am so excited:D
;):)^^

Jean tells me you guys are meeting tomorrow for plans on the trip -- poor you, you will be seeing lots of me:lol: I think I asked for the room next to Jean, we will see what we get. I am so excited to see Jean again and scritch those two lovely dogs she will be bringing. Now if I can only talk Jean into bringing the piano so she can show us what Edi learned in his tricks class!!

See you in Texas...only 2 months and 2 days to go!

Lynda

katldog
08-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Make sure to come by and see us!! Texas Cattle Dog Rescue will have a booth! You can meet some of the MANY dogs we have had posted on this forum in the past year! :) I look forward to meeting you!

I will stop by to say Howdy ya'll -- gotta talk Texan ya know ;) Are you encouraging people to enter the Rescue Dog Parade?? Usually there is a short bio read, the dogs get to run a loop with a huge gigantic ribbon too...it makes your heart glad to see the smiles this brings!!

Lynda

k9blueheeler
08-11-2009, 01:13 AM
I'm already chompin' at the bit. I have my plane ticket and my reservation for Draco to fly with me. I am counting down the days. Look out Texas, here I come. I will be nice to go back.

jrmgreer
08-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I will stop by to say Howdy ya'll -- gotta talk Texan ya know ;) Are you encouraging people to enter the Rescue Dog Parade?? Usually there is a short bio read, the dogs get to run a loop with a huge gigantic ribbon too...it makes your heart glad to see the smiles this brings!!

Lynda

Yes - but from what I read the parade is only for rescue champions?? So none of mine qualify... yet... ;)

TexasCDLorenz
08-11-2009, 12:24 PM
How can a rescue be a champion? Champion of what? Please explain.
Many of my dogs have been in rescue parades (Rotties) Just took them around the ring while someone read their bio and accomplishments (if any- some of the dogs were just family pets) The money raised usually goes to a rescue grant. Lots of fun!
But I don't understand the champion thing- but I haven't seen the premium.

jrmgreer
08-11-2009, 01:22 PM
The way I understand it (and I could be totally wrong), but your "rescue" is supposed to have some sort of title under it's belt... obedience, rally, agility, whatever... to be part of the parade. In fact - this HAS to be the case because they aren't letting any unentered dogs on the grounds... so I'm having to enter my two in something (hopefully something CHEAP) to be able to take them with me.

jrmgreer
08-11-2009, 01:31 PM
here is the form for the rescue parade...

http://acdca2009.com/2009%20Parade%20of%20Rescue%20Titleholders%20form. pdf

katldog
08-11-2009, 03:32 PM
uummm...if they are entered in the Rescue Parade, they are entered in something!!!! They have a reason to be there - so you do NOT have to enter anything else. BUT if you want to have fun you CAN enter the Properties classes on Monday :) Tons of fun..I do not have my entries here but you should have that entry too. Ask if there is any questions as to what the classes are.

The AKC generally writes about unentered to keep people with dogs that are nearby locally, whatever, from entering the show grounds. Some of those dogs may well have never been to a vet or treated for illness - those that show or do performance make sure their dogs are up to date on vaccines, not so all everyday dogs :cry:

The form allows you to enter titles IF a dog has any, just added info for the introduction. Below is the write-up Deb Casey has on her site. Now we all know working farm dogs do not generally have time to garner titles or spend the money doing something they do on a regular basis. So if they are rescues just fill out the form...and come on down!! Believe me, many ACDers are thrilled to meet the people that have saved the lives of the breed we all love and admire!!

Every year at the the annual gathering of ACD owners called the ACDCA national specialty, there is a parade of rescued dogs. Some of them have working titles; others are employed on ranches and carry out important jobs; some are working in therapy or search/rescue.

Lynda

TexasCDLorenz
08-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Jenn- Sunshine has the very important job of being the mascot of your rescue booth! She represents the breed to those that have never met a Cattledog! You should enter her in the rescue parade!

jrmgreer
08-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I will DEFINITELY put Sunny-Girl in the rescue parade! And Yoyo is going to enter the Herding Instinct Class... So the pooches and I will see all of you there!! Sunshine will be happy to pose for "digital autographs"... HA! :)