PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Time

Miss Marlie
08-05-2009, 12:34 AM
I feed my girls twice a day. In the morning I feed about the same time everyday however in the evening it varies. It depends on how hot it is and when I finsh feeding at the barn. My uncle and I were having a discussion about feeding. He said dogs should always be fed at the same time. How do you all feel about it?

k9blueheeler
08-05-2009, 12:44 AM
I've heard both ways. I don't always have the same work schedule so my dogs don't get fed at the same time each day. I only feed one dog 2x's a day and my other 2 once a day. I try not to feed past 8pm. at night.

winddrover
08-05-2009, 01:48 AM
i feed my dogs twice a day. never at the exact same time though, but i have a timeframe. somewhere between 7 - 9 am and between 7:30 and 8:30 pm.

works fine for us and the dogs don't get crazy on me when i don't feed them at exactely the same time every day. today's, e.g., is a late brekkie day, kiddo and i will take the dogs for an early morning walk now.

see you :)

MaggieDog
08-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Like windrover, I feed twice a day within a range of times vs. at a specific time. It's very nice not to have dogs demanding meals, especially when I sleep in on Sunday morning. My three get fed between 7:30-10am and between 7:30-10:30pm.

Bluerules
08-05-2009, 09:39 AM
I have to admit up until recently I only feed once a day because Sandy and Sydney arent that much of chow hounds and wouldnt even bother to eat breakfest and I wake up at different times..so it was one meal at night betweem 9-10 pm but now im trying to spilt in it half and feed around 10 am and 9pm

TexasCDLorenz
08-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I feed two meals a day, around 12hours apart- but not always at the same time. If we are at a show and have to be in the ring at 8am, then I have to adjust my time frame. Sometimes, we are on the road, in the evening when the dogs are usually fed, so I try to feed them as soon as we get to the hotel and get settled. I don't think the times have to be exact. There is no way I could adjust for training classes, shows, Dr & dentist appointments and all the other things that throw their feeding times off. But I do try and stay within the 12hr time frame- feeding a little early or late, but always 2 meals a day.

RickAKAFishslayer
08-05-2009, 03:48 PM
We feed twice daily. We try to stay on a 7:00 AM & PM schedule but aren't fanatics about it.

Rick:paw: