PDA

View Full Version : You know you live with a cattle dog when...

MaggieDog
07-24-2009, 11:31 PM
You find your puppy on top of the 38" tall cat pen and the first thing you think of is "where's the camera?!" LOL

The full story:
Kes is a nut, I know this, but tonight he outdid himself. :p
I had set a frisbee on top of the pen my cat stays in when all the dogs are out and put an old rawhide chunk in it last night. Kes was running about tonight and smelled or spied it up there and was streeeetching as high as he could get to try and reach it, but it was just out of his reach. Because it was out of reach I let him do it, figuring that he'd tire eventually. Yea, famous last words lol.

The next thing I know, i look over and Kes is ON TOP OF the cat pen walking around like he owns the place!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even hear him jump up there and he did it from a STAND STILL!!!! I would've gotten a pic but 1. the roof of a cat pen isn't designed to support a 33lb pup and 2. my camera batteries were dead.

RickAKAFishslayer
07-25-2009, 03:48 AM
A foster decides on HER first day to do some counter surfing...

And the first thing you do is grab the camera!:roll1:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3322/3178497348_a115892414.jpg?v=0

Rick:paw:

Mel2001
07-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Nash can jump 5 ft. straight up from a stand still. O.O

Sophienips
07-25-2009, 10:29 AM
You look out the window only to see your cattle/lab standing on top of the dogloo on the deck. Then you look back to see her walking from the dogloo to the deck railing like a tightrope walker.

CrazyCatlady
07-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Love hearing about Kes figuring out how to get his frisbee and rawhide!

Today, Rosie knocked over the small trash can in the living room. It has a swinging lid, which falls off when she knocks it over. I told her no, and cleaned up the mess. About 10 minutes later realized that she was chewing on the 1/2 hoof that I had thrown out yesterday. ;)

I need to figure out how to harness her sense of smell, energy, intelligence, etc.

irzi86
07-26-2009, 04:38 AM
Kona is a crazy jumper too, once she jumped through the window, during her zoomiesO.O and came back through the garden door:lol:
luckiliy we live in the ground floor! from now on, everytime Kona has her zoomies, we close the windows he he:lol:

Chew Toy
07-26-2009, 07:32 AM
you know you own a cattle dog when the shrieks start and you can laugh as the neighbors think something is wrong with your dog......:D

Sophienips
07-26-2009, 08:19 AM
When you scold your "teenaged" dog and she "talks" back!

littleroads
07-26-2009, 08:59 AM
You have a large, moving furpiece attached to your ankle at all times.:lol:

KAKZooKpr
07-26-2009, 09:04 AM
you know you own a cattle dog when the shrieks start and you can laugh as the neighbors think something is wrong with your dog......:D
Oh yes! I know that feeling. :p:

Also, when you don't remember what living without baby gates everywhere was like.

Kristina

Bluerules
07-26-2009, 02:47 PM
hahahahaha this is so Oscar.. you know you live with a cattle dog when you get shrieks in your face at 6am and your not even startled any more

Kita's Mom
07-27-2009, 04:32 AM
Oh yes! I know that feeling. :p:

Also, when you don't remember what living without baby gates everywhere was like.

Kristina

Oh yes! We have 6 in our house. And ours is only one level.

You know you live with a cattle dog when you buy lint rollers in the 8pk at Costco and your family gets them for you at Christmas and your Birthday.:lol:

dingoridge
07-27-2009, 10:19 AM
You KNOW you live with cattle dogs when the bottoms of your feet are "stone-brusied" with leftover knuckle bones all over the floor.
J

Dominique
07-27-2009, 10:54 AM
When you left your bedroom window open a crack and you go outside to work on the garden, look up and find the window open about 8" and Hawk's head hanging out. He looked like this:lol:

redgirl
07-27-2009, 11:21 AM
When your 13 week old puppy escapes from the the puppy pen in the kitchen and is found on the windowsill in the upstairs bedroom.....and the next day on top of the bookcase in the lounge.......:lol: