PDA

View Full Version : Shelbies pups update and pics

Pages : [1] 2

Lolly
06-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Ughhhhh. A long shot, I know. :no:

Please cross post far and wide. This gal needs out of animal control.
Animal control # 252-946-6412.

Or you can call Jim 252-944-4969 or Joanne 252-944-4981
J and J's Homeless Pet Rescue
jandjpetrescue.petfinder.com
James Thompson <[email protected]>

There is a very pregnant cattle dog at Beaufort County Animal control in Washington, NC. She is scared but came up to the fence to see me. I am not sure how much time she has (not much I think). Can anyone help get her out of the shelter to rescue?? I can pull but need a rescue to commit as I've got no place for her to have the babies here. You can call animal control 252-946-6412.? If you would please cross post to your rescue list?

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//532/DSC05000.JPG

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//532/DSC05001.JPG

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//532/DSC05002.JPG

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//532/DSC05001.JPG

noworriesjake
06-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Mary is going to get me pics ASAP and I will post as soon as I have them. I don't have any other information on her but what is in the e-mail below. Mary says she has no clue about HW status but has seen no signs of kennel cough. Reminder that Mary can do initial vetting if this will get the female a place somewhere. - Melissa

I know everyone is probably full to overflowing but, we have a stray ACD that is out of time. She is pregnant, too. Our vet will do the spay now if we can save her. I hate to even put it in words but lord help us we just don't need anymore puppies on the ground.

I am sorry but no pics today. Didn't take my camera with me but can get tomorrow.

I try hard not to put out these last minute pleas because so many others do. This is the truth, her last date is 6-9.

Just let me know asap. Call me if you need to.
InnerBanks will get her pulled and vetted if you have a confirmed space for her with a transport date. We will help if at all possible with transport, too.

Mary McDonald
InnerBanks Canine Rescue
Beaufort County, NC
252-948-0194 (H) Please use this # first
252-721-3032 (C)

noworriesjake
06-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Merged the two threads when I realized Lolly had also done it and had pics!

noworriesjake
06-08-2009, 01:12 PM
http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//532/ACD_6-7-09.jpg

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//532/ACD_3_6-7-09.jpg

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//532/ACD_2_6-7-09.jpg

mlanger
06-08-2009, 04:22 PM
She is so beautiful. I still have 2 pups left to place. Maybe only one after
tonight. Or I would take her and the impending litter. This is just awful!!!
Look at her face! She has been betrayed by her family. She's not a stray . She was dumped. She is very skinny too.

Look at all those dog sized live catch traps in the background!!
I am amazed.....I guess I just don't really comprehend when you all keep saying its another world down South. Jeez! we don't ever have to trap
dogs! There are N-E-V-E-R any strays! Even in extreme rural areas.
I don't understand how it can be so different there.

havekissedfrogs
06-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I am amazed.....I guess I just don't really comprehend when you all keep saying its another world down South. Jeez! we don't ever have to trap
I don't understand how it can be so different there.

I feel the same way, Mary. It is like a different world from where I am. :sad:
But the other day I saw a young man here with an intact full-grown pitbull. I asked him why his dog wasn't neutered, and he said, "Because I'm from Atlanta, and no one there neuters their dogs". :no:

Beth99
06-08-2009, 04:49 PM
I feel the same way, Mary. It is like a different world from where I am. :sad:
But the other day I saw a young man here with an intact full-grown pitbull. I asked him why his dog wasn't neutered, and he said, "Because I'm from Atlanta, and no one there neuters their dogs". :no:

Grrr... that's another really lame excuse!!! I will never get the attachment some men have to their dogs testicles. :s4:

When Joanne and I were trying to place Blue, it took awhile before we could get an appt. to have him neutered. Joanne had Blue out for a walk one day and a guy tried to talk her out of neutering Blue "because it would take away his essence." Thankfully Blue's essense seemed to be somewhere else because after he was neutered his essense remained in intact. LOL!!

littleroads
06-08-2009, 07:17 PM
I wish there was some ray of hope for this poor girl. In every picture she's looking for someone. :010105mommy_cut:

It truly is a "whole nother world" down there. We have very few strays here either - yes, there are some, but usually they've just gotten away from someone and for the most part are reclaimed. Our shelters are mostly filled with the ones that are dumped for behavior reasons, or "moved, can't take with."

noworriesjake
06-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Just to give you an idea of what goes on down here, this is one statistic that a county official sent me for Stokes County, NC (not Beaufort County but you get the idea):

The shelter is a 12 run block building that houses the unwanted animals of a county that has 47,763 citizens.. it is located by a landfill. The runs are ALWAYS too full to the tune of 6-9 dogs in a run.. these runs are only 4x10 in size... the staff that is there NOW do a wonderful job with what they have to work with.. and are very rescue friendly...however, they gas about 80-100 animals a week.. with a 4% adoption rate.. cats have a 2%.. its way harder on cats..and we have no resources for them..

havekissedfrogs
06-08-2009, 08:34 PM
It breaks my heart.

Lizzie
06-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Just to give you an idea of what goes on down here, this is one statistic that a county official sent me for Stokes County, NC (not Beaufort County but you get the idea):

The shelter is a 12 run block building that houses the unwanted animals of a county that has 47,763 citizens.. it is located by a landfill. The runs are ALWAYS too full to the tune of 6-9 dogs in a run.. these runs are only 4x10 in size... the staff that is there NOW do a wonderful job with what they have to work with.. and are very rescue friendly...however, they gas about 80-100 animals a week.. with a 4% adoption rate.. cats have a 2%.. its way harder on cats..and we have no resources for them..

Now that I am super depressed...I have contacted Nicole from our Humane Society in Philly to see if they will help me save her, she loves ACDs...long shot, I know.

mlanger
06-09-2009, 09:38 AM
I have worried over this girl all night.
I will take her and her pups.
I called Mary McDonald who works at the shelter. She is still alive.
I told them I want her. They need a 501 rescue to speak for her. Can that be arranged?
Can anybody help with transport. She is going to have those pups any day.

2speckledblue
06-09-2009, 09:49 AM
She is so pretty just like my Dusty girl. I don't know what I can do to help. I'm already working a transport but I would crosspost a run for her.

Lizzie
06-09-2009, 09:59 AM
I have worried over this girl all night.
I will take her and her pups.
I called Mary McDonald who works at the shelter. She is still alive.
I told them I want her. They need a 501 rescue to speak for her. Can that be arranged?
Can anybody help with transport. She is going to have those pups any day.

Mary, Mary McDonald emailed me....said you want to pull her under us....you talk to me and I will help you.
I will help you with transport as well.

email me ASAP:[email protected]
and we will work together to save her

Lizzie
06-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Mary, I contacted Mary McDonald and put a hold on her til we come up with a plan. I am also waiting for approval from ACDRA. With this said you need to communicate with me at some point.

If all this happens I will need someone to help me with transport to Mary especially with her "condition". Mary I will need to know how far you will be willing to drive.

noworriesjake
06-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Mary McDonald e-mailed me for a reference, Mary, which I willingly gave. Mary said Innerbanks would be able to drive the first leg of a transport.

mlanger
06-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Mary, I contacted Mary McDonald and put a hold on her til we come up with a plan. I am also waiting for approval from ACDRA. With this said you need to communicate with me at some point.

If all this happens I will need someone to help me with transport to Mary especially with her "condition". Mary I will need to know how far you will be willing to drive.

I sent you an email. I like to drive. I could drive least as far as I did for Mariel. The problem is I dont have any time off till next week.
I am sure she will have her pups before then! She wont take up very much space while the pups are tiny--only a good size crate.
Make sure they dont vaccinate her. I dont care about her heartworm status either. I will take care of the treatment for it if she tests positive.

TexasCDLorenz
06-09-2009, 01:23 PM
[quote=

I don't understand how it can be so different there.[/quote]

I have a garage full of those traps, but I can't afford to catch & take them all to the shelter. Too expensive and they are usually full. We have a lot of ferals and they breed- then there are more ferals breeding with all the pets that run loose. At dusk, when the coyotes come out, you can also see the groups of domestic dogs out hunting for food. Can't get near them or catch them without a trap- a few of the ones that have been around a while, are wary of traps. The only animal control is in the city limits of one small city in a very large county.

mlanger
06-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I have a garage full of those traps, but I can't afford to catch & take them all to the shelter. Too expensive and they are usually full. We have a lot of ferals and they breed- then there are more ferals breeding with all the pets that run loose. At dusk, when the coyotes come out, you can also see the groups of domestic dogs out hunting for food. Can't get near them or catch them without a trap- a few of the ones that have been around a while, are wary of traps. The only animal control is in the city limits of one small city in a very large county.

Hey Cindy just how big do these ferals get? Some of those traps were
huge!! you could catch large ponies in those things:roll1:
Really, I was thinking maybe they also trapped wild hogs or something.

TexasCDLorenz
06-09-2009, 01:49 PM
I've used hog traps to catch Rotties! Had to change the trigger tho. None of the traps I see in the pics are large or strong enough for a hog- we have some BIG hogs! The one stray that is hanging around my fence this week, would be the size of an adult German Shepard, if fed properly. It is a Shepard mix, much bigger than my Heelers. We also have a lot of stray Pitts- they can tear a trap up- very strong. The ones that are not good fighters get thrown out on the road. I have a determined friend that keeps putting out traps- all he ever catches are skunks! The dogs fear humans, but the skunks don't- they get a good meal, a nap, then get released:biggrin2:
Darn little critters!

Lizzie
06-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Just sent in all the paperwork...ACDRA agreed to bring her into our program. Thank you MAry.:thumb_yello: Mary lets keep communicating so we can put a plan together. LMM will help us with transport. Let hope those babies don't pop out along the way. :s4:

Ei...can we get any kind of donation drive going to help with the care of these pups....

Mel2001
06-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Just sent in all the paperwork...ACDRA agreed to bring her into our program. Thank you MAry.:thumb_yello: Mary lets keep communicating so we can put a plan together. LMM will help us with transport. Let hope those babies don't pop out along the way. :s4:

Ei...can we get any kind of donation drive going to help with the care of these pups....

GREAT NEWS!!! You ladies, as usual, are the BEST!

I just made a $25 donation on the ACDRA website, but wasn't able to make a comment that it was for this beautiful, scared, preggers gal. SO, Lizzie, would you please let the Treasurer know?

GO TEAM PIN CUSHION!!!!!
:roll1:

Lizzie
06-09-2009, 02:49 PM
THANK YOU MEL...I WILL...

Hey I need a donation...the well is running dry on my BW collection...could u help me out pal?:biggrin2:

Pin Cushion? is that SoCal lingo?

Mel2001
06-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Pin Cushion? is that SoCal lingo?

Haven't you heard that term before? May it's a "cop term" (my DH is in law enforcement), but it's used to describe a woman who pops out babies all the time from numerous fathers. Not a very nice term--usually it describes welfare mommas. :naughty:

Mel2001
06-09-2009, 02:52 PM
PS: What's a "BW collection" Is that Philly slang? :biggrin2:

Duh...I just got it! Nevermind! And OF COURSE I'll help you replenish your BW collection! Give me your address and I'll send you a nice screw-top bottle in a paper bag, lol!

Lizzie
06-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Haven't you heard that term before? May it's a "cop term" (my DH is in law enforcement), but it's used to describe a woman who pops out babies all the time from numerous fathers. Not a very nice term--usually it describes welfare mommas. :naughty:

I know a few of them...and they are my relatives...from the hubbys side...dang!
Do you think if I call them that they will take offense:biggrin2:they don't like me much anyway!

yes...running low.my friend:thumb_yello:

Lizzie
06-09-2009, 03:00 PM
FROM Mary at the Shelter:

Just this minute got in from taking her to vet.
She is not 'imminent' but only has possibly a week - 10 days. This is a guess though since we really don't know much at all about her. Vet says she has milk.
Sadie was a stray, so no history.
She is at vet's to be checked over -fecal, HW, etc.
But we don't have any idea if she has had vaccx before. And since she shouldn't have mod. live vaccines now, well... What would you do ?

She is very nice around other dogs, rides well in car [jumped right in and laid down when I told her to], a bit skittish at noises but not extreme.
She has an infection in one eye. We will treat while we have her.

Anything else you want us to do?

Mel2001
06-09-2009, 03:02 PM
I know a few of them...and they are my relatives...from the hubbys side...dang!
Do you think if I call them that they will take offense:biggrin2:they don't like me much anyway!

Oh, that was be too funny if you started calling your husband's relatives Pin Cushions...! Maybe you could shorten it to just "PC" and then they won't know what you're talking about, and you can APPEAR to be be "PC" (politically correct), lol! :biggrin2:

littleroads
06-09-2009, 03:06 PM
ANOTHER SADIE - can we change her name to PC (or something nicer) to keep them straight??

Lizzie
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
How about Eileen....or Mel?:biggrin2:

The shelter is calling her Sadie....is that the only name in NC?

Beth99
06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
You gals are AWESOME!! Thank you for saving this girl. Fingers crossed that she will wait to have her pups until she gets to Mary.

Dominique
06-09-2009, 05:04 PM
I always make my monthly fix it fund donation on the 15th of the month so can I just add some money for her or do I need to send it a different place?

littleroads
06-09-2009, 05:20 PM
You can send to the same place, just let us know how much you want to go to whats-her-name. :)

Lolly
06-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Seriously, can we get a new name?? Please?? Sadie means "transport from hell" to me. :roll1:

noworriesjake
06-09-2009, 06:26 PM
How about....

Ella
Elora
Laila (An angel appointed to guard the spirits at their Birth)
Lilly (blossoming flower)
Lyra
Tana (fairy queen)
Fiona
Kira

Lizzie
06-09-2009, 06:28 PM
LOL....then how about Laurey? That name means a few things to me:biggrin2:

Lizzie
06-09-2009, 06:31 PM
How about....

Ella
Elora
Laila (An angel appointed to guard the spirits at their Birth)
Lilly (blossoming flower)
Lyra
Tana (fairy queen)
Fiona
Kira

Something tougher Mel...not so flowery....she looks like she has some stamina especially in this condition. I still have my Baby Name Books..

Shelby? why? I have no idea...just popped in my head when I looked at her picts...is that a girls name in the south?

noworriesjake
06-09-2009, 06:39 PM
It is if you're a Steel Magnolias fan. :thumb_yello:

Lizzie
06-09-2009, 07:08 PM
It is if you're a Steel Magnolias fan. :thumb_yello:

Crap....I can't stand JR...but the name does sound southern. I just remebered I was listening to Shelby Lynn, thats why.... I like Dolly Pardon much better but not sure Dolly fits

mlanger
06-09-2009, 07:10 PM
I love the name Shelby.:woot_jump:
Can we call her Shelby?

noworriesjake
06-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Just because you used the cool bouncy happy faces!

Mel2001
06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I like the name Shelby, too! :thumb_yello:

Beth99
06-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Me too, I like Shelby too. :)

Lizzie
06-09-2009, 08:48 PM
OF COURSE! Mel..Mary..Beth Her name is officially Shelby!
I'll let ACDRA know..so any donations go to Shelby!

Mel..thank you we received it...when r u coming to visit me? We can play Sudoko together:)

Mel2001
06-09-2009, 10:59 PM
OF COURSE! Mel..Mary..Beth Her name is officially Shelby!
I'll let ACDRA know..so any donations go to Shelby!

Mel..thank you we received it...when r u coming to visit me? We can play Sudoko together:)

Hmmm...when is it nice weather in Philly? And, are there any corner liquor stores near you where I could purchase a fine screwtop bottle of wine? :naughty:

GO TEAM SHELBY!!!

Dominique
06-10-2009, 06:54 AM
I know most of you are way to young to Remember the Shelby Mustang it was a gorgeous car. Named after a race cars daughter.

Mel2001
06-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I know most of you are way to young to Remember the Shelby Mustang it was a gorgeous car. Named after a race cars daughter.

C'mon, Dom, you're not that old, and neither am I! OF COURSE we remember the Shelby Mustang! I see a lot of them cruising around the backcountry roads up to the mountains where I live. :)

myanniegirl
06-10-2009, 10:42 AM
My first ACD was named Shelby, except HE was a boy, although everyone called him a girl. Reba McIntyre's son's name is Shelby.
You guys are talking about Carroll Shelby. He's the Mustang guy and I think, still alive!

Lizzie
06-10-2009, 02:07 PM
ummmm.....Shelby Lynne..is a girl...I was listening to her yesterday and I got a toxic earworm hence the name...:thumb_yello:

havekissedfrogs
06-10-2009, 02:53 PM
ummmm.....Shelby Lynne..is a girl...I was listening to her yesterday and I got a toxic earworm hence the name...:thumb_yello:

Now there's another term I've never heard before...toxic earworm:roll1:
I still haven't figured out what BW means....
Lizzie, I miss your avatar pics! I know, I shouldn't talk, considering that I've never had one, but yours are always so good.

Lizzie
06-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Now there's another term I've never heard before...toxic earworm:roll1:
I still haven't figured out what BW means....
Lizzie, I miss your avatar pics! I know, I shouldn't talk, considering that I've never had one, but yours are always so good.

BW=Bum Wine...Mels Fav.....Thanks Joanne...I am working on something....you will be the first to see:)

OK I am working on a transport with LMM but she left me incharge since she is very busy. I am hoping Shelby doesn't wind up in Nova Scotia since maps are pretty scary for me. I am giving it the old college try even though I failed map reading in college :fisch: We are trying to get her on Freckles Transport this Saturday. We will be getting her to Pittsburgh , PA where ACDRA prez, Mel Woods will hold on to her til MAry can get her....hopefully ASAP MAry...she is ready to blow!:yikes:

mlanger
06-18-2009, 02:59 AM
I have Shelby! I got stuck in a rain storm with hail,70 MPH winds and a tornado, on the way to pick her up!
She is beautiful and VERY well mannered. She knows sit and down and
go to her place.She loves squeaky toys
I would not be surprised if there are puppies tonight or tomorrow:paw:

2speckledblue
06-18-2009, 07:57 AM
She's a good, good girl, not having those pups during all that bad weather. I'm happy to hear she's so sweet. You are top notch, Mary, for taking care of her. And kudos to the rest of the people who worked so hard to get her out of the shelter and transported on the way to you.

Beth99
06-18-2009, 11:48 AM
So glad that you made it through the storm okay and am very relieved that she is safe with you. She is in good hands and now we can look forward to PUPPY PICTURES!!!!

havekissedfrogs
06-18-2009, 01:59 PM
YAAAY!!! :scream: So happy to hear that you made it home safely with Shelby!

mlanger
06-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Shelby just had her first pup.
A boy, black with white trim.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups6-17-09011.jpg?t=1245354489

threedrodi
06-18-2009, 03:56 PM
OH BOY! OH BOY (literally ;) )

Sending bentley power from GA to Shelby in NY for a safe and easy delivery!!!

Please keep us posted and love the picture to boot :)

KAKZooKpr
06-18-2009, 04:00 PM
OH BOY! OH BOY (literally ;) )

Sending bentley power from GA to Shelby in NY for a safe and easy delivery!!!

Please keep us posted and love the picture to boot :)

I second this! (Although I am still in WV) Bentleys glowing for a safe & speedy delivery of all the pups. Mary, didn't you get enough with Mariel's litter? :biggrin2:

Kristina

lucystrauss
06-18-2009, 04:09 PM
awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!! More pictures pleeeeeease :)

Hope momma and babies are doing well :)

littleroads
06-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Boy, you DID get her just in the nick of time, didn't you?? We'll be expecting to hear about #13 very late tonite, judging by her preggo picture...

2speckledblue
06-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Welcome little boy! Bentley rubbing here for Shelby to safely deliver all her babies.

Lolly
06-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Ack!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm nervously pacing the waiting room...pacing pacing!!

Beth99
06-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Good Shelby for waiting until she got to Mary to have her pups and good Mary for posting pics so fast. LOL!!

Hope all goes well with the delivery, I'm anxiously pacing in the waiting room with Laurey!

lauralu
06-18-2009, 04:24 PM
WTG Shelby, and Mary and little pup too!!! Keep 'em comin'!

ChristineT
06-18-2009, 04:43 PM
:roll1:YEAH!!! I called Matt (he took her from Wilson to Richmond) and he is soooo happy to hear this. He said "Yep, she is slam full o' puppies, so keep em comin'!!" :biggrin2:

Keep us posted!!

Christine and the Clan

Dominique
06-18-2009, 04:49 PM
I am so glad she waited until she got up to you. I have been watching for posts on her more than usual, so happy to hear she is finally "blowing" a Lizzie term and such a lady like one.

Please keep all of posted and pictures would be nice. Good thoughts and prayers being sent her way that precious girl has gone through a lot during this pregnancy.

Lolly
06-18-2009, 05:11 PM
I called Matt (he took her from Wilson to Richmond) and he is soooo happy to hear this. He said "Yep, she is slam full o' puppies, so keep em comin'!!"

Here's a photo of her on the first day of her road trip, NC to PA. Did Matt take this? Yep, she was "slam full" alright!!

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//500/Holy_MOMMA_.jpg

ChristineT
06-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Yes! Matt took that photo with his phone. Shortly afterwards she was laying on her back snoring!!

That photo makes ME hurt!! OMG...

lauralu
06-18-2009, 05:58 PM
http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//500/Holy_MOMMA_.jpg

Oh my I have never seen one that full!!!:yikes:

dingoridge
06-18-2009, 06:23 PM
That looks like a big pupster!!!! Guesses on the mix?
J

Lolly
06-18-2009, 06:43 PM
pacing...pacing....PACING!!!!

jrmgreer
06-18-2009, 06:45 PM
My goodness! Poor momma! She could be having puppies for DAYS by the looks of that picture!

AussieMama
06-18-2009, 07:10 PM
I am so glad she made it to her final destination! I can't wait to see more pics.

dingoridge
06-18-2009, 07:11 PM
She should have had at least one other by now--any trouble Mary???
J

Beth99
06-18-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm worried, I hope everything is okay. Maybe she is having all 101 of her puppies really fast, so Mary is just busy?

MbarS
06-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Sending happy thoughts and hoping all is well...

KAKZooKpr
06-18-2009, 07:25 PM
I had to check back in for updates. Waiting anxiously!!! I can't believe the picture of Shelby, I don't think I've ever seen a dog that big. Who wants to guess how many are in there? My guess is 10.

Kristina

Lolly
06-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Melinda said that while her belly was huge, she was really really skinny. So maybe it just looks bigger because of that.

Mary, what's up???

Bluerules
06-18-2009, 07:39 PM
OMGOSH!! mama looks just huge! never ever seen one that big lol the puppy looks soo cute.. I wonder what the mix is? I hope everything is going good! fingers crossed!

cowdogs4me
06-18-2009, 07:45 PM
YAY! Come on Shelby you can do it!!

We are all pacing in the virtual waiting room!

:flowers2:

:blow-kiss:

Kita's Mom
06-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Since I cant pace with the rest of you. Ill be the one in the waiting room knitting. Unless Super Mel wants that title. Fingers crossed for Shelby and pups. Hope all is well.

Lolly
06-18-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm on the phone w/ Mary now....9 total - 5 boys and 4 girls, all black. Shelby is doing fine but exhausted. The first boy took almost 2 hours to come and Mary almost took them to the vet. The rest came out fine. Mary thinks that's all...let's hope so!

Good job Shelby! And Mary!

Photos to come!

KAKZooKpr
06-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Whew! Can't wait to see pics. I was close with my guess of 10. :naughty:
Way to go Shelby & Mary! :thumb_yello:

Kristina

k9blueheeler
06-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Bentley's glowing here to you for the health of puppies and momma. She did look very big. When I first saw the picture I thought that she looked like a Pygmy Goat. Keep us posted on the puppies. Wow, that's a big litter.

dingoridge
06-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Poor baby, she's thin, I'm sure not a lot of reserves in her body with such a large litter of pups--they look like labs---first one was a big baby!! She deserves a good night's sleep--and some nourishment. Good job Mary, and great job Shelby.
J

mlanger
06-18-2009, 10:30 PM
I think Shelby is done with 9 pups. The last was born at about 9PM and she has settled right down and is resting. She is very tired. The first puppy born is very big. She had a hard time having him. They are all
nice strong healthy pups 5 boys 4 girls
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups6-17-09025.jpg?t=1245378038

KAKZooKpr
06-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Awww!!!!! Good Mamma Shelby! :thumb_yello: :biggrin2: They all look great, good thoughts for happy healthy mom & babies.

Good job Mary!

Kristina

jrmgreer
06-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Yippee Shelby!!! Good work Mary!

cowdogs4me
06-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Congrats Mary! Nine cattlelabs! Shelby you did a great job! We are all very proud! Welcome to the world sweet babes!
:happybday::scream:
:th_WOW:

Brunella
06-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Congrats!

Mamma Shelby looks pretty darn good for just giving birth to all those fat, happy looking babies!

What an unbelievable story. Hugs to all involved (human and canine).

:thumb_yello:

competitivek9s
06-18-2009, 11:59 PM
PUPPPIESSSS!!!! I could stare at pics all day LOL Keep em coming! Mom looks good, and so do babes, too cute!

Dominique
06-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Shelby I had to get up and check on you WOW 9 PUPS you must be exhausted. You like you are going to be a wonderful mom. Thank you Mary for being such a good nurse and supporter for her during labor.

God Bless both of you.

mlanger
06-19-2009, 01:39 AM
I guess 9 will be the final tally for puppies:biggrin2:
I am going to bed now. I have an agility trial tomorrow so I will be away
from the puter. Will post puppy updates and a pic or 2 of a more refreshed
mom and her 9 little demon spawns when I get home.
2 of the little girls are very feisty :paw:

Belgrael
06-19-2009, 05:37 AM
Mary, you've done an awesome job helping Shelby with her birthing. All 9 pups look wonderful! So healthy and shiny. Keeping everything crossed that they continue that way. Can't wait to see how they evolve and what they look like. Great job all involved!!!!:thumb_yello:

ChristineT
06-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Happy Happy Birthday to all those adorable babies!! :thumb_yello:

Everyone did a fantastic job (especially Shelby! Thanks for hanging onto to that load until you got to your final destination! Matt would have FREAKED helping THAT many get born on the side of the road!!)

Mel2001
06-19-2009, 09:00 AM
:kleenex::cheerful_h4h::kleenex::shocked::kleenex: :jawdrop::kleenex::ohyes:

All the emotions I went through in reading these posts!

THANK YOU LIZZIE FOR PUTTING TOGETHER AN AWESOME TRANSPORT TO HELP THIS BEAUTIFUL NEW MOMMA AND HER PUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucystrauss
06-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Wow, that is a big litter! I'm glad everything turned out well and can't wait to see more pics as the little fuzzballs grow :)

ChristineT
06-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Cattlelabs....Labraheelers

We can train them to herd ducks! :naughty:

babswilde
06-19-2009, 01:43 PM
LOVE this thread and all the well wishers and the babies and momma and grandparents too!

dingoridge
06-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Cattlelabs....Labraheelers

We can train them to herd ducks! :naughty:

Yep, see how easy it is to have designer dogs------you don't have to pay $700-$1000 for one--just adopt a pregnant bitch from a shelter!!!
J

Ringtailroxy
06-19-2009, 04:27 PM
wow! rescued this momma & 9 just in time!

i am looking forward to seeing how they will develop...maybe if ACD's are born white & get their coloring around 4-6 weeks of age...
Shelby's pups will be born black & get acd coloring around that time? wouldn't a bunch of frosted-lab cow dogs be delicious???

congrats on this phenomenal rescue to all involved...amazing successes like this help restore my faith in humanity!

rtr

Lizzie
06-19-2009, 04:41 PM
:kleenex::cheerful_h4h::kleenex::shocked::kleenex: :jawdrop::kleenex::ohyes:

All the emotions I went through in reading these posts!

THANK YOU LIZZIE FOR PUTTING TOGETHER AN AWESOME TRANSPORT TO HELP THIS BEAUTIFUL NEW MOMMA AND HER PUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mel 4 ur donation...she is HW+ so every penny helps..

Thank Laurey as well..she actually put the transport together...and held my hand :love0052:through the whole ordeal! She was soooo patient with me:biggrin2:

3blues
06-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Congrats to those wonderful new little cattlelab pups and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Wow you sure miss out on a lot when your power & internet go out!:naughty:

Great job Miss Shelby, I bet you're tired. Congrats Mary on another litter of pups. Thanks for taking Shelby. :thumb_yello:

k9blueheeler
06-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Nice lookin' litter with a tired mom. Can't wait to see more pictures of the growing babies.

AussieMama
06-20-2009, 09:38 PM
I was checking back for more pup pics. :)

Mary, you are awesome for taking this girl in and overseeing the delivery. I just can't thank you enough. :flower

Buela's Mom
06-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Dare I be forward enough to ask for more pics?

dingoridge
06-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Guess Mary's got her hands full with 10 new dogs at her place--your rescue count really went up in a hurry, Mary!!
J

mlanger
06-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Sorry everyone, I Didnt get a chance to post puppy pics. I had an agility trial this weekend and it poured the entire time. Wet dogs, wet equipment, wet feet, mud, mud ,mud.
I took some pup pics but was to tired to post them.
So here they are now.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups1dayold018.jpg?t=1245625159
This is the big boy who was born first and gave his mom such a hard time
I had to help pull him out. He is way bigger than the rest of the puppies.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups1dayold030.jpg?t=1245625614
Talk to the paw!
Look at all the wrinkles the big boy has. He looks like a bulldog:roll1:
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups1dayold033.jpg?t=1245625900
Waaaaaa put me down now!!!!
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups1dayold008.jpg?t=1245626019
Just wait till I learn to walk!
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups1dayold004.jpg?t=1245626164
They are all so black its hard to see them
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups1dayold024.jpg?t=1245626264
Two little faces
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups1dayold020.jpg?t=1245626388
A pile of pups
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups1dayold029.jpg?t=1245626574
Shelby is a little camera shy. This pic shows how skinny she is.
She is VERY well trained. She will sit ,down, stay, and come. She knows
go to your bed and she walks nice on a leash. She is also house trained.
She is missing teeth. Looks like one or two on the side
She is so happy and playful.

Beth99
06-21-2009, 07:52 PM
YAY!! Thanks for the pics Mary, they are great! The big boy is BIG!!!

When you posted a pic of the first big pup the day he was born, I thought he looked like he had a sharpei nose. I know it's hard to tell when they are young, but do you think it's a possibilty?

3blues
06-21-2009, 08:03 PM
They're adorable Mary! And yeah the big boy is very big. What cute puppies. Your house has become birthing central. :naughty:

mlanger
06-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Sharpei could be a possibility. The pups have almost no hair on their muzzles.
But it could also be pitt. or bulldog. What kind of dogs are common
in NC?
Oh lord, I hope they dont have Sharpei in them.
Sharpei are stubborn little beasts.

Dominique
06-21-2009, 08:46 PM
All of them are so cute, that boy is beyond big he is a bruiser. My favorite is the one with the pink tongue hanging out and his ears to the side he reminds me of Yoda.

AussieMama
06-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Oh my gosh! Look at that big fella! Thank you for sharing the pics, Mary. :)

dingoridge
06-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Bulldogs are common, so are pit bulldogs, so could be either. Sharpei's are not as common, (I've seen a number of them around but usually they are house dogs or taken care of) especially not as "yard dogs" or dogs left to their own--that is more commonly bulldogs, labs, terriers, pits, shepherds, etc. In that part of NC (coastal counties) pits are fairly common so could be either of those. Their hair looks too soft for Sharpei or maybe it just looks that ways in the pics. The wrinkles make me think bulldog of some kind. But who knows, Shelby could have been bred by a house dog and when the owners found out she was pregnant they got rid of her. She didn't have to run into a stray, could have been some folks not taking care of intact dogs in the household.

That first pup is huge---I'm glad you could get him out and he didn't stop up the birth canal--or didn't die in birth--he's a whopper!

Shelby is a very pretty dog, she must have been someone's dog who spent time with her and when she got pregnant they threw her away--not uncommon either.
J

Lizzie
06-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Great job Mary helping Shelby! They are all so adorable!

AussieMama
06-21-2009, 09:35 PM
What color are their tongues? Could they be mixed with Chow?

mlanger
06-21-2009, 10:01 PM
What color are their tongues? Could they be mixed with Chow?
They all have pink tongues so I dont think they have chow in them.

Beth99
06-21-2009, 10:12 PM
They all have pink tongues so I dont think they have chow in them.

I just read up, a little, on sharpei's and they have black tongues too, a speckled tongue is considered a fault, so (thankfully) they are probably not part sharpei.

Buela's Mom
06-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Do we know how old Shelby is?

It is not uncommon around here for dogs that have either gotten too big for the house, or pregnant females to get tossed out. We had a stray last summer who was housebroken, would sit, down, etc but he was a monster...we guessed lab/dane and fairly young, he was still in that goofy awkward "hey I have a tail?" stage.

I will second the bull dog or pittie guesses. But we will probably have to wait til they are a little older and take a look at feet and bone structure.

Again thank you Mary for taking her and her ready made pack in.

Kita's Mom
06-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Thanks Mary for taking care of this pack!

ChristineT
06-22-2009, 07:15 AM
:woot_jump::woot_jump:

YEAH!! PUPPIES!!!!

They are so adorable, regardless of what they are mixed with. Shelby is thin...poor baby. I would have her parasite status checked and deworm the pups at 3-4 weeks.
Maybe adding a small amount of Olive Oil to her food will give her the extra calories she needs to recover and give all those hungry babies what they need, too!
Best wishes...
Christine

Mel2001
06-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Wow--what a litter! Shelby could not have gone to a better place that Mary's Rescue Angel Birthing Center!

That first-born pup looks like a Rottie cross w/the reddish/brown coloring of his tail/hind legs. Or...is that just residual coloring from the camera flash...?

Shelby looks like a proud, TIRED, momma and her pups are beautiful!

Bluerules
06-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks for posting pictures.. I miss seeing puppies after they are born. When I was a kid somebodys dog in school would be having puppies on the regular.. I haven't seen puppies this small in years! The 'big boy' sure is HUGE.. almost looks like he could have a different dad if he wasen't the exact same color lol. It's to bad they don't have any heeler markings .. even as beautiful as they are :) my first thought when I seen the very first puppy pic was Sharpei as well because of the wrinkles an no hair on the muzzle.. im so intrested to watch these guys grow! more pics please! :biggrin2:

mlanger
06-22-2009, 03:52 PM
One of the pups started crying last night. Not disgruntled puppy cries,
these were wails of misery. The pup would not stop and had Shelby in a frenzy trying to comfort it. I had to take the pup away and put it where the wails could not be heard by Shelby. The pup cried all night. By morning she was hungry and quiet so I gave her back to Shelby. She started back up crying after she had eaten. Shelby was in a frenzy again
and was happy to have me take the pup! Shelby had bitten the pups leg
and there is a gash on it. Cant blame Shelby the wails drive every dog here crazy. If I was not here she probably would have eaten the pup--
Its just the way it is sometimes if a pups not right.
I have a vet appt in 2 hrs for Shelby and the ailing pup. The other pups are fine BTW. I am very afraid it may be in utro parvo!
Shelby is terribly thin and she has loose stools with some bloody mucus in them. Could be the hook worms she had,or perhaps the meds she got for the worms, she managed not to eat. (i dont trust anything unless i do it myself or see it done). So while it could be hookworms causing the bloody mucus, I am of course paranoid its parvo.
We could sure use some Bently power that it is just hookworms and a colicky puppy!

lauralu
06-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Super Duper Bentley Power from the Colorado cowdogs, all paws crossed and prayers tp St. Francis for Shelby and her babies!

YogiBear
06-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Hope you'll get some good news. 3 bentleys glowing and 12 paws crossed to keep them healthy. Mrs YB, Duke, Lady and Foxy

Kita's Mom
06-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Bentleys glowing on full power here in Boring. Thanks again for taking such amazing care of these babies and mama

Beth99
06-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Bentley's glowing that everyone will be okay.

dingoridge
06-22-2009, 05:17 PM
I sure hope that's the problem and not something a lot more serious. Dogs have this sense when a pup isn't right and they will "dispose" of it--so hopefully it's just something with this one pup that can be diagnosed and treated. Sure hope Shelby is healthy, waiting for better news when you get back from the vets.
J

Brooklynsmom
06-22-2009, 05:20 PM
I was wondering why Brooklyns bentley was glowing......she is sending power your way. I wish you all well.:flower

babswilde
06-22-2009, 05:33 PM
GASP! OH no....Poor momma and baby and other babies. Two bentley and a long blaze on full tilt from California! Shiver.........

Dominique
06-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh no poor Shelby and baby we will be having Bentley's lite along with special prayers. Please keep us posted also let us know if we can help in any way.

3blues
06-22-2009, 05:49 PM
I hope the poor little pup will be alright and Shelby. Bentleys on high here. :)

Shelby you take care of your pup & be good to her, don't hurt her.

Brunella
06-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Oh please no; nothing serious (nothing at all would be even better). Bentleys in NJ going like crazy here.

Lolly
06-22-2009, 06:19 PM
I hope the pup's okay, and that the others are as well. Mary, we'll be pacing again until we hear from you!

mlanger
06-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks everybody! those Bentleys are very powerful.
Apparently, the puppy is a complainer...Hmmm wonder where she got that from:naughty:. While I would like to believe this I dont think so. That puppy yells so bad the mother bit her leg severely. They gave her a teeny enema thinking she may be constipated and a 3day antibiotic shot for the leg.
We will just have to wait and see about her now.
The vet thinks Shelby has a little colitis from the diet change and all the stress of the last few days. Other than that she got some advantix for her fleas and the ticks I keep finding on her. She seems healthy just skinny
and no parvo :biggrin2:

lucystrauss
06-22-2009, 07:38 PM
no parvo :biggrin2:

phew! I hope they all turn out ok!!

RickAKAFishslayer
06-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Thank doG it's not parvo.

Bentley glowing & paws crossed here...

Rick:paw:

Kita's Mom
06-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Thank Dog

Bluerules
06-22-2009, 08:15 PM
WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOO Happy it's not parvo!!!! Shelby is so beautiful I love her colors. Are you going to be keeping her or any of the pups?? lol

YogiBear
06-22-2009, 08:36 PM
So happy to hear the good news. Will keep our 3 bentleys glowing for a quick recovery or no more fussing. Mrs YB

littleroads
06-22-2009, 08:40 PM
big whew...!!!!!!!!!

dingoridge
06-22-2009, 09:40 PM
It's hard for me to believe a pup is just a complainer when they are screaming bloody murder. Maybe she has a constriction somewhere that causes her pain when her tummy is full or in her bowels. Most doggie moms will quiet a complainer and certainly put up with one, they usually don't have the reaction of wanting to kill or get rid of them just because they are complainers. I would keep an eye on her--I know you will--and see if her cries occur right after feeding maybe when her tummy is full, or when she tries to poop, just sounds like something really is hurting about her. Also watch her weight gain, is it keeping up with the other pups her size. Poor baby, it's bad if she is hurting that bad. Hope whatever it is gets straightened out soon.
J

Dominique
06-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Thank God for miracles

Kulade
06-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Is the "complainer" eating enough? When I had my foster pups last year, their momma woke me up in the dead of night with a shriek heard round the world and with the pup in her mouth. I finally figured out that she was telling me that they weren't eating enough, as soon as I supplemented her and her brother, momma quit the 2 am shrieking :). Just a thought.

threedrodi
06-24-2009, 12:06 PM
first off - wanted to check in to see how mom and pups were doing. fingers crossed everyone is doing A-OK - hopefully better then A-OK.

How are you holding up mary? heehee

so in looking at different breeds and newborn pups that have wrinkly faces ... guess what I found...NEWFIES ;)

It will be so interesting to see what the pups look like as they get older.

Here are some links to newborn newfie pups and they too have wrinkly faces:

http://www.blueheavennewfoundlands.com/blueheavennewfoundlands/celestegus_litter_born_dec_7.htm

http://www.blueheavennewfoundlands.com/blueheavennewfoundlands/ElsaSolomonLitterNov07.htm

http://www.blueheavennewfoundlands.com/blueheavennewfoundlands/BumperSolomonLitterBornDec8_2007.htm

dingoridge
06-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, there is a Newfie breeder in my area so there are Newfies in NC, I haven't seen many of them on the coast and the breeder is near Charlotte--know her well, she lives very close to me--but let's hope it's not Newfies---------
J

Buela's Mom
06-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Oh crap, newfies. Those are dogs that you charge 50 cents a ride kind of dogs.

Friend of mine has a 6 mo old at a good 50#.

If it's true, these pups will Lo0o0o0o0o0oVE water.

Good Luck Mary!

lucystrauss
06-24-2009, 01:21 PM
haha! I hope they aren't newfies or else Mary is going to need a bigger house!!

dingoridge
06-24-2009, 02:02 PM
But she will be able to hang pictures without wall tacks, all you have to do is stick them to the slime the dogs have slung on the walls-----yuk, a reason I don't care for Newfies. You wash the walls down every Saturday.
J

littleroads
06-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Ooooo, BIG with ATTITUDE...

Brunella
06-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Awwww, I think newfies are sweet. (But don't sign me up for one...I'll stick with ACDs).

How's the wailer and momma doin'?

dingoridge
06-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Awwww, I think newfies are sweet. (But don't sign me up for one...I'll stick with ACDs).

:naughty:Didn't say they weren't sweet, just said I don't like to see a dog sling his head and slobber hit the walls 20' away--and on me as well. Have a Newfie breeder friend who has quite a few of them, NO ONE wants to room with her on the road and at shows---slobber EVERY WHERE. She have to keep the motel room icy to keep them from slobbering--but that will do it, turn the AC as cold as it will go and the Newfies stop slobbering.
J

mlanger
06-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Baby update:
All the puppies are doing good. The little one who was crying has been good. She is a little tempermental but something was wrong to make her scream like she did. The only thing I can think of is that the enema the vet gave her was the cure. Shelby is sooo relieved that the fleas are gone.She just loves toys and balls and will bring them to you to throw all day.She will be a great dog for anybody. No need for a lot of ACD experience with her. She is a doll.
Aren't they cute!
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups6-24-09003.jpg?t=1245893759
This next pic is of the little girls injury. The shots not good but it is healing good.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups6-24-09007.jpg?t=1245894654
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups6-24-09008.jpg?t=1245894942

Linda Watkins
06-24-2009, 10:06 PM
The photo of them all on the blanket looks like a bunch of polliwogs!

mlanger
06-24-2009, 10:10 PM

:roll1:I thought the same thing! :roll1:

lucystrauss
06-24-2009, 10:27 PM
one more AWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!

too cute. Guinea pigs :)

dingoridge
06-24-2009, 10:37 PM
They look great, Mary, what a crew! And the little girl's injury looks fine. She must have had a tummy ache or couldn't eliminate and was hurting, poor baby, and mama got frantic. I'm glad you took her to the vet, it seems to have done the trick. Cute, cute, cute!!!!
J

Ringtailroxy
06-24-2009, 10:54 PM
[quote=mlanger;109396]
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespups6-24-09003.jpg?t=1245893759

cute how you can't count more than three legs on each pup! they all look like they are practicing their flag semaphores...

rtr

k9blueheeler
06-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Wow, those pups look like they are growing. Just have to wait until they get bigger to see what they are mixed with. Regardless, they are in great shape. I have 3 Bentleys and 3 sets of paws crossed for those puppies and Shelby.

The wound looks good. It doesn't look infected are anything like that. Speedy recovery to that little one. Glad to hear that they are all doing good.

littleroads
06-25-2009, 12:27 PM
What is the address again for making a donation for Shelby? ARF will send some $$.

ChristineT
06-26-2009, 04:15 PM
:band::groupwave::woot_jump:

YEAH!!! HAPPY DAYS!!!

havekissedfrogs
06-26-2009, 04:38 PM

:roll1: That's what I thought, too!
I'm so glad to see something that makes me smile and chuckle, after I was just wiping away tears from reading about Macy in Texas. Amazing what a swing in emotions there is in just a few minutes when catching up on the posts here on this forum!

KAKZooKpr
06-26-2009, 06:52 PM
I hope the fussy puppy is continuing to do better. I look forward to watching this litter grow and see what they end up looking like. I wonder if their white patches will speckle in blue as they grow? It will be fun to guess the mix! I think it would be cool if they were Newfie mixes, maybe they would have enough ACD to lower the massive amounts of drool! :s4:

Kristina

mlanger
06-30-2009, 12:41 AM
New Shelby and pups pics.
The pups are 11 days old now. They are growing nicely. The little girl
that was screaming has been quiet and her leg is almost healed. She is the littlest pup in the litter. Their fur is very soft and fluffy even for how short it is. Their personalities are nice! When I pick them up they are wiggly and there is no stiffness or resistance like with German Shepherd
or ACD pups. I guess I mean they dont seem to have any stand-offishness
Shelby takes good care of them but she does not want to stay in the room with them. She wants to be out with everybody else! She lives to play fetch and I found two more tricks she knows--roll over and shake!
She wants to eat my canaries and kitties!
Enjoy the virtual puppybreath:
The 11 day pollywog pic
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelby6-29-09014.jpg?t=1246335834
pup pileup:
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelby6-29-09009.jpg?t=1246335954
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelby6-29-09010.jpg?t=1246336020
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelby6-29-09020.jpg?t=1246336234
Shelby playing with a stuffie. She loves the squeak! She is weak from being so thin, She cant jump to high yet but she gets stronger every day.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelby6-29-09015.jpg?t=1246336516
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelby6-29-09004.jpg?t=1246336587
Mariel steals the toy!
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelby6-29-09030.jpg?t=1246336681
Isnt Shelby cute! Mariel is about to snatch that toy again!
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelby6-29-09029.jpg?t=1246336745

k9blueheeler
06-30-2009, 01:45 AM
Nice to see her playing. At least she is active and alert. Nice pictures of the pups. Thanks for sharing.

threedrodi
06-30-2009, 09:02 AM
oh wow!

those pups look so big next to her. not sure if it is because of the amount of pups or just that they are BIG puppies :)

Shelby looks so good - the pictures of her playing are great. She looks so so happy and those eyes of hers - well they just melt you!

The pups as they are growing look more lab - Mary at this stage what are you guessing?

Christine

mlanger
06-30-2009, 09:48 AM
oh wow!

those pups look so big next to her. not sure if it is because of the amount of pups or just that they are BIG puppies :)

Shelby looks so good - the pictures of her playing are great. She looks so so happy and those eyes of hers - well they just melt you!

The pups as they are growing look more lab - Mary at this stage what are you guessing?

Christine

They are big pups. Their heads dont look lab to me. I am still thinking
bulldog mastiff or boxer. I dont think pittbull because pitt pups dont really have such a wide wrinkly face. I know some people breed them with huge heads and jaws. But I am thinking garden variety pitt and these dont look like that. I could be wrong, they are still little. But the big heads are staying so far, especially on the boys. One thing is sure they have
splendid personalities even at this tender age. Very, very pleasant
and happy.
I hope their ears stand up a little.

Lizzie
06-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Great job MAry...Shelby really is a great lookin gal...and those pups are super cute...they look like ink spots all over the towel:biggrin2:

threedrodi
06-30-2009, 10:35 AM
yay about personalities!

With the wrinkles I was thinking the breeds you mentioned mary but when I looked up coat colors on those breeds - bulldog, mastiff, boxer - none have black as a coat color. So was thinking lab... and found these lab puppy pics. I think if they were newfie pups they'd have fluffier hair by now but then again I have no idea - hahahaha.

for the lab possibility:
http://www.labpuppies.com/puppy_service.htm (if you scroll toward bottom there are some black lab pups)

regardless of what breed they are (I find it fun watching them grow and trying to guess :) ) they are super cute and with great personalities to boot!

Thanks for the pictures and can't wait to see more as they grow.
Christine

mlanger
06-30-2009, 01:48 PM
yay about personalities!

With the wrinkles I was thinking the breeds you mentioned mary but when I looked up coat colors on those breeds - bulldog, mastiff, boxer - none have black as a coat color. So was thinking lab... and found these lab puppy pics. I think if they were newfie pups they'd have fluffier hair by now but then again I have no idea - hahahaha.

for the lab possibility:
http://www.labpuppies.com/puppy_service.htm (if you scroll toward bottom there are some black lab pups)

regardless of what breed they are (I find it fun watching them grow and trying to guess :) ) they are super cute and with great personalities to boot!

Thanks for the pictures and can't wait to see more as they grow.
Christine

Thanks for the lab site......
Shelbies pups do look like those lab pups!
Cattlelabs:thumb_yello:!!!!

RickAKAFishslayer
06-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Wow. Shelby has those beautiful, wild dingo eyes.

Mariel looks like a pirate intent on plunder!:naughty:

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelby6-29-09029.jpg?t=1246336745

Rick:paw:

havekissedfrogs
06-30-2009, 02:26 PM
It is wonderful to see the pics, and get a happy update... Shelby is a winner! What a lucky mama and pups to be in such a good place! :thumb_yello:

ChristineT
06-30-2009, 04:35 PM
This is all such great news, and I love the photos! Shelby is looking very bright eyed! I imagine she is a little earth bound due to all of that milk she is having to produce to feed that HERD! :naughty:

Keep up the great work, and yes...I think we have Labraheelers here!

Linda Watkins
06-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Labraheelers gets my vote -- we had a litter this spring w/ 3 little coal black guys w/ wrinkly heads & at three months if they didn't have any white on them you'd swear they're pb labs -- except a couple of them herd! But they also retrieve & love the water.

dingoridge
06-30-2009, 11:04 PM
My vote is Labs-----coat looks like it, faces look like it. I've thought so since the first pics when they were just out of the oven. And personalities sure fit labs.
J

lauralu
06-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Shelby is soo pretty and I love her fat pups!!!

I know this is off topic, but I couldn't help mention...did you see that poor sweet chocolate lab momma with the white face on the puppy link page above? She looks too old to breed. so sad!

TexasCDLorenz
07-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Shelby is soo pretty and I love her fat pups!!!

I know this is off topic, but I couldn't help mention...did you see that poor sweet chocolate lab momma with the white face on the puppy link page above? She looks too old to breed. so sad!

They did say this is her last litter, but she only had 1 puppy, which makes me think she was too old for this breeding. They sure breed a LOT of puppies!

Buela's Mom
07-01-2009, 04:49 PM
they also breed shih tzus....interesting.

Thanks for the new Shelby pics Mary!

mlanger
07-10-2009, 08:57 PM
The pups are growing fast. The are 3 wks and 1 day old today:biggrin2:
They are starting to play and trying to escape. I will have a find a bigger
box for them soon. Shelby takes OK care of her babies but she does not like staying in the room with them. She wants to be out and about!
Every time I turn around she is out and participating in the daily activities.
She gets along great with all the other dogs.I have to look twice to see which blue dog is which. :roll1:
Here is a group shot of everybody...except Ernest took off :mad: so I drew a better dog to fill his spot :giggle:
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-10-09050-1.jpg?t=1247272163
My disobedient mutts! I drop a treat and 3 dogs search for it, Who knows where Mariel went, Ernie is on his way out and the only good dog who is still holding her stay is Shelby. What a good girl!
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-10-09051.jpg?t=1247269837
Heres the puppies:
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-10-09024.jpg?t=1247272752
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-10-09028.jpg?t=1247272815
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-10-09003.jpg?t=1247272892
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-10-09046.jpg?t=1247273076
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-10-09042.jpg?t=1247273563
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-10-09037.jpg?t=1247273624
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-10-09019.jpg?t=1247273736

Lizzie
07-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Mary...LOVE the drawing hahhahaha..
Pups are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!:thumb_yello: Looks like a bunch of black labs....:thumb_yello:

lauralu
07-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Mary you crack me up! Although you Do need a RED DOG!!! What cute puppers! Are their eyes really blue or is that just the flash?

mlanger
07-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Mary you crack me up! Although you Do need a RED DOG!!! What cute puppers! Are their eyes really blue or is that just the flash?

Yes, their eyes are really that milky blue. They cant see to well yet,
probably only shadows.

3blues
07-11-2009, 01:00 AM
What cute little stinkers. :naughty: I just love their faces they're so cute. Too bad mom isn't more attentive like Mariel was with her babes. :sad:

You have a great group of cattle kids. I agree, you do need a red one. :naughty:

dingoridge
07-11-2009, 01:14 AM
With 9 following me around I can understand why Shelby wants to get away. Labcats, labcats, labcats!!!!
J

KAKZooKpr
07-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Aww! They're adorable and they really do look like Labs right now.

The red dog is hilarious! :naughty:

Can you believe Mariel's gang is almost a year old? Time sure does fly!

Kristina

Dominique
07-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Can I adopt the red dog I understand he is maintence free:roll1:. the pup look great.

ChristineT
07-11-2009, 04:33 PM
:theeyoreLOL11:The red dog was too much!!

The puppies all do look VERY LABBY and I know Labs! ;) Little Black eyed monsters.

Thank you all for the wonderful photos, updates and general LOVE that is spread around.

Buela's Mom
07-18-2009, 12:30 PM
love Ernest's body double. Compared to the hand holding it, that pup looks really big.

mlanger
07-23-2009, 07:57 PM
The cattle labs are tooling all over now. They are playing and they have
NO problem eating:naughty:I think labs must be part shark!
They are sooo cute but the pics dont really show it because they are all so black. I am weaning them because Shelbie is just to skinny to be feeding them anymore.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-23-09022.jpg?t=1248391087
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-23-09026.jpg?t=1248392894
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-23-09030.jpg?t=1248393000
This little face has devilish cattle dog eyes.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-23-09037.jpg?t=1248393056
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/7-23-09035.jpg?t=1248393303

lucystrauss
07-23-2009, 08:10 PM
How precious! You're doing such a great job with them :)

Beth99
07-23-2009, 08:12 PM
They are so cute!! Thanks Mary for the update pics, I especially love the one of the pup in the bowl!!

littleroads
07-23-2009, 08:19 PM
I merged the threads so the newbies can see the whole story. :)

cowdogs4me
07-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Thank you for the update. Warms my heart! I like the puppy tug o war photo!

I also had a rescue that had cattlelab pups...They are the best!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x187/luvcowdogs/Daisyandpups025.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x187/luvcowdogs/daisypups6wks009.jpg

I am very envious of you. It is a lot of work, but the joy of having the pups for two months is something I will never forget.

mlanger
07-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Those little blondies are awful cute. Looks like you had 10!!!! Thats one more than Shelbie has.
I do love the babies. I get to play with them all and I never forget to smell the puppy breath. I am lucky to be able to have them.

Dominique
07-23-2009, 10:38 PM
The one in the dog dish is just to cute to refuse. I don't think you will have any getting homes for them.

ChristineT
08-04-2009, 11:25 AM
:)YEAH!!! Thank you for the updates. My husband, Matt asks about Shelby and the babies all the time (he was one of her transporters) so...it is so nice to see them "coming along"!!!

mlanger
08-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Shelby and the pups are doing very good. Shelby is gaining a little weight now that the pups are weaned and her milk is drying up. She was at the vets today. She is nice and healthy in spite of the heartworms. She has an appt on 8-24 to start the heartworm treatment.
The pups are 6 wks now and very cute. I made them a little pen outside.
It was a half a$$ed pen at best. They hated it and soon escaped. I dont like dogs in pens anyway. I think being in a pen makes them crazy.
Here are the prisoners, pre-escape.

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespupsoutside8-1-09004.jpg?t=1249438842
This is the big first born pup. See his light colored eyes. I think some of them are going to have greyish eyes.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespupsoutside8-1-09005.jpg?t=1249439982
This shots a hoot . Look at the pup with both paws on the wire
"oooowwwww I want out!
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespupsoutside8-1-09006.jpg?t=1249440203
The first escapee
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespupsoutside8-1-09027.jpg?t=1249440313
Soon they were all out. They discovered the big dogs digging spot...
Oh Joy! We can Dig!!
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespupsoutside8-1-09044.jpg?t=1249440507
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespupsoutside8-1-09028.jpg?t=1249440555
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespupsoutside8-1-09030.jpg?t=1249440604
Ahhhhh. we love dirt.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespupsoutside8-1-09049.jpg?t=1249440665
Here is the little girl who almost got 'et by Shelby because of her screaching.The scar on her right leg is barely visable.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespupsoutside8-1-09031.jpg?t=1249440822
Shelby watches from afar...
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/Shelbiespupsoutside8-1-09010.jpg?t=1249440973

dingoridge
08-04-2009, 11:07 PM
How my gosh, how CUTE--and how big they are--you have your hands FULL don't you?? Well, what your conclusion--ACD/Lab? Interesting eyes!!!! That big boy is a two-ton boy--he's a big fellow. Such good pictures, I love the one with the double paws on the wire baying away. Shelby is glad to be rid of them probably. You've done a stellar job, Mary, getting these kids to this size.
J

KAKZooKpr
08-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Aww! They are all adorable and look like they are full of personality. :D Good work!

Kristina