PDA

View Full Version : the cattle dog marshmallow company

LittleRedDogB&C
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
ok guys I talked to some people and I am now in full mallow swing. my plan is make and sell homemade marshmallows and donate some of the proceeds to cattle dogs in need. I'm gunna need some help with ideas as to shipping the marshmallow. I also need testers( I send you marshmallows and you tell me how they shipped.) Lets do this for the dogs! OMG i am soooo excited about this. :thumb_yello:

noworriesjake
07-21-2009, 03:29 PM
How are you going to package them? I worked for Mail Boxes Etc/The UPS Store for 8 years so I know all about packing and shipping stuff.

Miss Marlie
07-21-2009, 03:36 PM
My nephews and I would love to test them for you. I've seen them cut in big cubes, in boxes with stuff like tissue paper.

Marlynn and my girls Kate:paw: and Lola:paw:

LittleRedDogB&C
07-21-2009, 04:18 PM
well the boxes they are packaged in are kinda like candy gift boxes but I do need boxes to ship them in. there are 2 things I am worried about when shipping: heat and moisture. at home we store them in plastic bags.

LittleRedDogB&C
07-21-2009, 04:21 PM
My nephews and I would love to test them for you. I've seen them cut in big cubes, in boxes with stuff like tissue paper.

awesome once we figure out how to ship I will send you A BUNCH of different flavors!

Belgrael
07-21-2009, 04:30 PM
awww...we wanna test too ....wanna test packaging and its effects to Australia? :biggrin2:

LittleRedDogB&C
07-21-2009, 04:33 PM
awesome!! woot sendin my marshmallows all across the world!! I have also contacted my local farmers market to see what I have to do to get a booth out there.

Ringtailroxy
07-21-2009, 05:33 PM
ahem...since i am in your backyard, i think i would like to try some cattle dog mellows!

rtr

KAKZooKpr
07-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Bring some with you when you come to meet Katy. My guys will be happy to test for ya! :biggrin2:

Kristina

Ringtailroxy
07-21-2009, 05:41 PM
be careful haow many cattle dog mellows we sample...or we'll all need to buy the new Cattle Dog Aerobics video next!

rtr

LittleRedDogB&C
07-21-2009, 06:19 PM
NAH keepin the dogs tired is a big enough work out!! I do have a pay pal account. I use it for e-bay mostly. LOL I'm sure we can figure something out.

LittleRedDogB&C
07-21-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm gunna make a few batches and put pics up so you can see what I'm talkin about.

Ringtailroxy
07-21-2009, 07:52 PM
you should be creative & make them in the shape of ACDs & cattle & sheep! a little food coloring, pretend it's Play-Doh, & you'll have a ready market!

rtr

LittleRedDogB&C
07-21-2009, 07:56 PM
it's not that easy maybe if I found cookie cutters. the Marshmallow fluff is still pretty hot when I take it for cooling into the slab. but I could possibly take cookie cutters and cut out shapes once it has cooled.

Ringtailroxy
07-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Morgan, instead of "Peeps" you could make "Woofs"!

rtr

mom22acds
07-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey RTR... I was picturing the same thing: ACD-shaped Peeps!
That shouldn't be too hard to pull off, right? :biggrin2:

havekissedfrogs
07-21-2009, 08:15 PM
I wanna be a "tester", too! :biggrin2:

Ringtailroxy
07-21-2009, 11:38 PM
i bet i could design a 'bitchin ACD cookie cutter...other breeds too...

rtr

k9blueheeler
07-21-2009, 11:45 PM
I'll test some up here in WA state. Just let me know when things come together.

lucystrauss
07-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Canada will be a huge market for you....therefore I should be a tester :p

LittleRedDogB&C
07-22-2009, 11:23 AM
lol I love you guys.

Mel2001
07-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Well, if I'm *forced* to, I could represent the SoCal Testers.

Geez, the things we have to do to help with ACD Rescue these days....
:roll1:

LittleRedDogB&C
07-22-2009, 11:57 PM
omg so I tried to make a chocolate flavored marshmallow..... and It taste like hot chocolate no lie. it has to be one of the most amazing flavors I have ever made. talking about flavors which should I send out to you guys??

classic vanilla
Root beer float
cream soda
cherry
strawberry
dreamsicle
horehound
champagne ( i'm bringing this one when I go meet katy)
Toffee
Mango

there are more but I cant think of them right now. anywho let me know.:thumb_yello:

Belgrael
07-23-2009, 04:33 AM
OMG, I'm drooling.

Chew Toy
07-23-2009, 04:41 AM
Oh my my my....(slobber, drool....)

Ringtailroxy
07-23-2009, 09:25 AM
LittleRedDog B & C~

didn't i tell you that you'd love this forum? hmm? hmm?

rtr

littleroads
07-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Do you need any midwest testers? :biggrin2:

I would try the chocolate, and my dogs would try any of the others.

(Did you say these are just for dogs??):roll1:

LittleRedDogB&C
07-23-2009, 12:28 PM
lol I'll have to send a variety pack huh. LOL so apparently you can make a website through google. it's a work in progress but it should be done in a few days.

LittleRedDogB&C
07-23-2009, 01:15 PM
(Did you say these are just for dogs??):roll1:

ruby likes em! I just dont give her the chocolate ones!

gwynkb
07-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Ok - I can cover for No California if you need....and we can handle ANY flavor! Just let us know if we should help with postage or something!

brynmawr
07-23-2009, 02:37 PM
I love to cook and watch alot of cooking shows and remember homemade marshmallows on one of the shows and I remember they were dusted in cornstarch to keep them from sticking together. PS I am fond of passion fruit and mangoes and chocolate and....LOL

havekissedfrogs
07-23-2009, 05:50 PM
lol I'll have to send a variety pack huh. LOL so apparently you can make a website through google. it's a work in progress but it should be done in a few days.

I think that a variety pack is a terrific idea! Then we can all vote on our favorite flavor!

k9blueheeler
07-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Hey, I think variety packs are in line for all of us. Then we can just choose our favorite flavors. Some of those flavors that you have sound real good. Can't wait to test them.

lauralu
07-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Rusty Wiggles requests the following flavors:

Bacon
Hot Dog
Green Tripe
Sardine

:s4:

LittleRedDogB&C
07-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Rusty Wiggles requests the following flavors:

Bacon
Hot Dog
Green Tripe
Sardine

:s4:

LMAO bacon is a possibility.

Miss Marlie
07-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Morgan - the boys and I are looking forward to your offer.

Miss Marlie
07-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Ok, as a taster I would be covering CenCal. I didn't see the flavors. We would love to try Rootbeer, Chocolate and Dreamsicle. Will pay for shipping.
Thanks
Marlynn and my girls Kate and Lola

Mel2001
07-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Nash wants to know if you can make Lizard Gut, Dirty Sock, and Baby Bunny or Baby Bird flavors, too. Those seem to be his favorites right now.

3blues
07-24-2009, 05:14 PM
omg so I tried to make a chocolate flavored marshmallow..... and It taste like hot chocolate no lie. it has to be one of the most amazing flavors I have ever made. talking about flavors which should I send out to you guys??

classic vanilla
Root beer float
cream soda
cherry
strawberry
dreamsicle
horehound
champagne ( i'm bringing this one when I go meet katy)
Toffee
Mango

there are more but I cant think of them right now. anywho let me know.:thumb_yello:

Doc says yes, yes, yes to all flavors. :naughty: We can definitely be tasters for you. We will gladly represent NC or Western NC if someone else wants to be a taster for central or eastern NC. We also have 5 pups who will gladly help as well except for the chocolate. :naughty:

We can also do marshmallow tasting parties & invite our friends. :thumb_yello:Whatever you want. :biggrin2: We'll also pay for shipping.

Dreamsicle, root beer float, horehound, cream soda & strawberry sound really good to me. I'm open to the others as well. :biggrin2: Can't wait to try them. :)

Dixie would like to know if you can make some ground hog flavored, Baxter is requesting Mockingbird flavor, and Chance & Indy say they'll try all of them. :D But please no chocolate for them. :D Molly says she'd like something low cal 'cause she's trying to watch her figure. :-))

KAKZooKpr
07-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Nash wants to know if you can make Lizard Gut, Dirty Sock, and Baby Bunny or Baby Bird flavors, too. Those seem to be his favorites right now.

LOL! Don't forget "Litterbox Crunchy Treat" flavor! :s4:

Kristina

Belgrael
07-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Bud and Chip have to put their order in.

Bud would like flying fruit bat, butter, scurrying lizard, cane toad, rubber tyre, Chip flavoured :naughty:, liver and kangaroo (or wallaby, he's not fussy).

Chip would like toast crumbs, lamb, chicken, turkey, chocolate (yes, even if he's not allowed it he still wants it) and squeaky rubber toy flavoured.

KAKZooKpr
07-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Bud and Chip have to put their order in.

Bud would like flying fruit bat, butter, scurrying lizard, cane toad, rubber tyre, Chip flavoured :naughty:, liver and kangaroo (or wallaby, he's not fussy).

Chip would like toast crumbs, lamb, chicken, turkey, chocolate (yes, even if he's not allowed it he still wants it) and squeaky rubber toy flavoured.

So, would the cane toad flavor make them foam at the mouth?? :naughty:

Kristina

Jake&Tex
07-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Tex would like Sheep Butt flavor (and Sheep Poop flavor too, but I won't go there :grr:)

And since SoCal is such a big market, I think you need at least 2 testers here;)..... what say you, Mel?

Belgrael
07-24-2009, 10:17 PM
So, would the cane toad flavor make them foam at the mouth?? :naughty:

Kristina

:lol:hehe sadly yes, that would be one unwelcome side effect but on the good side it would be like eating magic mushrooms ;)

KAKZooKpr
07-25-2009, 10:43 PM
:lol:hehe sadly yes, that would be one unwelcome side effect but on the good side it would be like eating magic mushrooms ;)

Mmmm, magic mushrooms... :D

Kita's Mom
07-26-2009, 12:13 AM
I can be your tester in Oregon. Just let me know what shipping will cost.
Kita would like the kitty litter flavor.
Monkey would like bacon and Gidget is going for Bananna.

Thanks!

LittleRedDogB&C
07-26-2009, 01:12 AM
so today I did noting ... nothing but bake! and I made 2 batches of marshmallow, and talked to my agent ( my mom) about pricing. but anywho I went to my local cake supply store to see about a box and I found the ones I like. while I was there I found a really cute paw print cookie cutter! turns out that a paw is the purfect bit ( about 2 bites, but you can shove the whole thing in your mouth if you want to!);) . took some pics so you can see them or at least my Idea of where it's going.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/bandchick21/singitloudandothers023.jpg
SLAB O MALLOW!!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/bandchick21/singitloudandothers027.jpg
the paw. ( awww how cute)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/bandchick21/singitloudandothers024.jpg
a LARGE box. count em 32 pieces!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/bandchick21/singitloudandothers020.jpg
the breads I made today.
blueberry pomegranate and cranberry orange YUMM!!

brynmawr
07-26-2009, 01:23 AM
OK, we will pay for shipping too, and what would you charge for some good fruit bread like that? It could go in the same box.^^

LittleRedDogB&C
07-26-2009, 01:03 PM
hey guys I need zip codes!! if I have these I can start to find out how much shipping will cost. so far it doesn't seem too bad around $ 5-7 in the US. it cost the most to ship to Australia.:( at around 11 us dollars. 25 % or all the profit goes to the various rescue groups. I plan on doing this through the "donate" page. I'm not exactly sure how I am going to separate it throughout the various groups, But Carolina R & R goes first!! ;)

LittleRedDogB&C
07-26-2009, 01:09 PM
OK, we will pay for shipping too, and what would you charge for some good fruit bread like that? It could go in the same box.^^
the breads would go for around 5 - 6 dollars a loaf. OH and I'm still trying to figure a fair price for the marshmallows. we are thinking around $12 for the Large box ( 32 pieces) + shipping . we will also have smaller options available.^^

lauralu
07-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Rusty Wiggles lives in 80107!

Those breads look YUMMY!! And the marshmallows do too.

cowdogs4me
07-26-2009, 03:49 PM
We are coming in late on this, but our area code is 89508 ;).
I have no idea how you would make marshmallows! The paw print is amazingly cute! The bread photo makes my mouth water^^.
I dont cook or bake. My hubby is the chef at our home. When it is my turn to make dinner, I buy frozen microwave meals. On his b-day I told him I would cook him dinner, and he said no thanks I want to be able to eat it!

I am very impressed. Are you sure you are not Martha Stuart?:duh:

LittleRedDogB&C
07-26-2009, 04:12 PM
We are coming in late on this, but our area code is 89508 ;).
I have no idea how you would make marshmallows! The paw print is amazingly cute! The bread photo makes my mouth water^^.
I dont cook or bake. My hubby is the chef at our home. When it is my turn to make dinner, I buy frozen microwave meals. On his b-day I told him I would cook him dinner, and he said no thanks I want to be able to eat it!

I am very impressed. Are you sure you are not Martha Stuart?:duh:

LOL I'm positive Martha Stuart would never drive a jeep or own a cattle dog! thanks for all the comments ( that goes to everybody!) this is just what I love to do. believe it or not but I haven't even started culinary school yet! just wait if you think this stuff is good you have no idea.

brynmawr
07-26-2009, 05:44 PM
The Bryn Mawr/Wooleston Bunch lives in 17404. looking forward to being official tasters but I will also buy a loaf of fruit bread Let me know what flavors. Monica

just_angela
07-26-2009, 07:03 PM
And since SoCal is such a big market, I think you need at least 2 testers here;)..... what say you, Mel?

You two can be the Southern, Southern California testers! We can be the Northern, Southern California! *wink*

Our zip code is 91344...

ACDLuvr
07-26-2009, 07:10 PM
The Jaerma crew lives in 37174, and would LOVE to be taste testers (of any flavor)... My thought, do we think a dog with EPI can eat Marshmallows??O.O

Miss Marlie
07-27-2009, 12:30 AM
My zip is 95301.

Marlynn and my girls Kate and Lola ;)

k9blueheeler
07-27-2009, 12:47 AM
My gang and I live in 98012. I can hardly wait to do this.

LittleRedDogB&C
07-27-2009, 02:14 AM
Oh you think YOUR EXCITED?! lol ;) so today I made coffee flavored marshmallows. ... I added 2 to a cup of coffee... it was amazing . it was almost like hey I wanna be a latte but with out the espresso. I love what I do. ok so I am gunna give you guys a choice between the squares or paw prints. you get 24 squares in the Large box.( they are bigger than the paws). I've started to order boxes from the post office. I'm not sure how we will do the whole money thing yet. maybe I should just upgrade my paypal account to business. tomorrow I have to go back down to the cake store and get a few more boxes. any who it's lookin like the total for a large box should be around $17 in the US this includes shipping. shipping seem to be just about the same everywhere in the US and arrival is within 2-3 days of them getting sent out. when you see this ( price) please remember that it is going back to the dogs!

I also need a logo, any ideas?

I talked to my brother today ( he's in the air force and does stuff with radios or something like that), and he was talking about putting a server up for a website. YAY now I don't have to figure out google. ETA of the site is unknown, but this will happen.... eventually.

final topic before I go to bed.. it is like 2 in the morning ( darn teens staying up with nothin to do!:p:) BREADS. I am more than willing to ship out my breads. when in season I make: cranberry orange ( I know I had some the other day, but I found a bag of frozen cranberry's. don't worry if you want it I will stock up come season.) blueberry pomegranate ( the flavors are a work in progress, you can only really taste the blueberry's but it's still super good) I am also working on a pumpkin spice bread/ sweet potato. Zucchini bread ( I LOVE this for breakfast. ) along with trying to get my grandmothers recipe for banana nut bread. please keep in mind with these breads I ONLY use in season fruit except for the blueberry and banana nut. If I find flash frozen or canned ingredients then I shall start testing them but other wise this is defiantly something you will want to wait for.

kirk out! :D I crack my self up!!

Kita's Mom
07-27-2009, 04:47 AM
Zip code for the great Boring, OR is 97009. I would love to try your pumpkin spice one when you get to making that one. When your ready to ship let us know what flavors you have ready and Ill get you the money. I think paypal would be easier for you and us. But we could always do money order if you think that will work for you.

Dominique
07-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Breads please my husband loves stufff like that.

3blues
07-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Lizzie is great with logo's! :D

Our zip is 28806. :)

Mel2001
07-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Nash & his NE San Diego County Marshmallow Tasting Pack live in 92065.

@Laura & Beth: CA is such a big place, that we *definitely* need to further breakdown this marshmallow market, lol!

RbarL
07-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Can an Okie get in on this? We live in 73047 but I might ought to have them shipped to work so they don't sit out and attract critters at the house. Work is 73104. I will have to beat the techs to keep them out of them. What a great idea and for rescue too!!

gwynkb
07-28-2009, 02:27 PM

@Laura & Beth: CA is such a big place, that we *definitely* need to further breakdown this marshmallow market, lol!

oh oh oh - Lucy/tucker and co-horts live in 94901 (no california)!!! :D

logan774
07-28-2009, 03:47 PM
O.K, so I'm not real far from you (Miami) 33015! But I can play too, right!?^^

Chew Toy
07-28-2009, 06:33 PM
well, I live in 96260 but I'm a bit further away than my San Fran zippy code:lol:

3blues
07-29-2009, 02:52 AM

I agree Mel. You should break it down into at least 3 marshmallow tasting markets. :lol:

KAKZooKpr
08-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Morgan brought me marshmallow & bread samples! YUM!!! She brought vanilla & champagne flavor marshmallows, the vanilla is good, but the champagne is fantastic! I recommend that one highly! :D The pumpkin spice bread is very good, and I have not yet tried the peach cobbler bread.

Get your orders in folks! :D

Kristina
(no financial kickback for me, I promise)

Lizzie
08-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Congrats on your new endeavor! I wish you much success!

I didn't read through the whole thread...but are these marshmallows in the shape of cattle dogs?...like Peeps?

KAKZooKpr
08-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Morgan,

I took some champagne marhmallows to work to share with my coworkers. They all loved them! One coworker suggested that they would be even better dipped in chocolate! YUM! ;) :D

Kristina

littleroads
08-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I didn't read through the whole thread...but are these marshmallows in the shape of cattle dogs?...like Peeps?

Pawprints, Lizzie. Or plain squares if you prefer. :)

Mel2001
09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Mmmmmmm....Marshmallows....

Hey, is it possible to make Merlot flavored marshmallows???
:D

Buela's Mom
09-03-2009, 11:28 PM
as a certified coffee fiend....I have to say that true espresso actually has less caffeine than regular coffee. It is called espresso because it is made by running the steaming water through it quickly, thus not allowing the caffeine in the ground coffee tie enough to leech out.

*puts away jeopardy imprinted soap box* ;)

lucystrauss
09-04-2009, 12:05 PM
as a certified coffee fiend....I have to say that true espresso actually has less caffeine than regular coffee. It is called espresso because it is made by running the steaming water through it quickly, thus not allowing the caffeine in the ground coffee tie enough to leech out.

*puts away jeopardy imprinted soap box* ;)
Ounce-by-ounce, espresso has more caffeine, but you are right in that a serving of espresso has less caffeine than a mug of coffee :)

Ringtailroxy
09-04-2009, 12:49 PM
unless you are like me, and drink a mug of espresso...

brynmawr
09-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I am still in the market for breads and cobblers, and of course marshmallows. I was laid up for a bit in the hospital getting a new store bought hip but I am back now so if I missed anything in this thread since 7/30 when my surgery was, Please let me know. I will try to work backwards on the thread.

OK I read all the back posts on this thread. I still want a bread (peach cobbler or pumpkin is fine) and marshmallows. tell me how much and where to send.Square ones are fine with us. Paypal is fine too. 17404