PDA

View Full Version : So... Looks like TCDR will be at the National Specialty afterall!

jrmgreer
07-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I met Mari Bailey-Villanueva at the Houston Dog Show this weekend where we had a booth. She is one of the people over the agility competition at the ACD Specialty in Belton, TX in October.

She personally invited TCDR to come out and told me that all of the earlier "requirements" that were keeping us from coming no longer apply!! We are getting our booth for free and will be allowed to bring in a few of our rescue dogs each day! I'm SOOOO excited!

I also spoke with Lori Graham (the other person over the agility at nationals) on the phone today. What GREAT people! I am so thankful that I had the booth at the Houston Show - it allowed me to add two new ACD lovers to my list of contacts!

So - now for the hard part... The specialty is October 10 -16. It is 3 hours from my house, so I won't be able to commute like I did with the Houston show (~1 1/2 hours each way). The cheapest hotel room that I could find that allows multiple dogs is $72 per night. Total is $432 (we are tax exempt - so no taxes apply).

As I say in a million places on our site - every penny donated via paypal or at shows goes to saving dogs. So I am actively looking for some sponsors for TCDR specifically for the National Specialty. We need to raise $432 to cover the hotel room. If you have a business or think your corporation would like to donate, please let me know! All donations are tax deductible and I will have a banner displayed at the booth that lists all our supporters!

One other thing - I'm looking for raffle ideas! We raffled off a soft sided crate at the Houston show and raised $100! Any other ideas - or if you have anything you would like to donate for a raffle - please contact me!

Last thing before I let this go... being at the Houston Dog Show allowed us to raise enough money to spay / neuter all the dogs we had waiting to be altered plus 3 more and will buy heartworm meds and flea meds for all our dogs through the end of the year! So these shows are TOTALLY WORTH IT! And can you imagine how much money we might raise at a show mostly for ACDs??

Thanks for your continued support guys... Don't know what we would do without you!

ACDLuvr
07-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey Jenn-

I'll donate a couple Lupine Collar and Lead sets for your raffle. Just let me know where to send them!!

jrmgreer
07-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Erin - you ROCK!! You can send them to 28711 Sapphire Circle, Magnolia, TX. 77355. Thanks!!

ACDLuvr
07-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Erin - you ROCK!! You can send them to 28711 Sapphire Circle, Magnolia, TX. 77355. Thanks!!

I'll ship them out on Friday!

TexasCDLorenz
07-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Jenn, did you check with the host hotel to see if they would give you a special price. The LaQuinta is within walking distance of the show.

jrmgreer
07-20-2009, 10:42 PM
The Belton LaQuinta is full... but the one in Temple gave me a weekly rate... only 8 miles away and cheaper than the one in Belton! :)

Dominique
07-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Jenn could you please pee mail with a phone number and a time to contact you. I have a great idea for raising funds when you do shows especially Nationals. Basically it would be the same thing I am doing with R&R and my dichroic glass. The only thing I would ask is that you do it on your end of the country so as not to hinder the R&R ladies.

jrmgreer
07-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey Dom - I'll just post my phone number here in case anyone else wants to call me with questions or ideas too... 832-876-9439.

I LOVE the idea Dom... I bought 2 of the pendants from Carolina R&R last night too! I KNOW the ACD heads would sell like CRAZY!! I'm getting more excited every day!