PDA

View Full Version : A new kid in the family :D

Belgrael
07-15-2009, 05:15 AM
No, not in our family, but in my sister's family. Her eldest daughter, Ashleigh, aged 19, is adopting this gorgeous girl. Her name is Carly and she is ACD/Staffi cross.
She is interstate, in NSW while Ash is in Victoria so it's about a 4 hour drive but my sister is talking about driving up on Sunday to collect her. Alternatively the rescue org can organise transport. Whatever way she gets to Ash, she is my new great niece :biggrin2:
I get to brag too cos I found her for Ash :thumb_yello:

Needless to say Ash has been rather forcefully requested to join us here on AuCaDo cos we all know that these kids come with challenges.

So, stay tuned and hopefully we will get to share Carly with Ash as she grows up.

Here's the poster and this is her profile (http://www.petrescue.com.au/view/48875)on PetRescue. Aint she cute??!! :s11:

aszrael1266
07-15-2009, 06:03 AM
That is one really cute puppy.

Mel2001
07-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Carly is a beaut! I love the little pieceof grass stuck to her mouth on the website photo!

lucystrauss
07-15-2009, 09:12 AM
OMG!! Too TOO cute!! I hope your niece enjoys her!!

babswilde
07-15-2009, 11:26 AM
OH! What a doll baby she is! Of course yer family kidlets can join us at AuCaDo! A fresh infusion of opinionated ACD lovers would be great! LOL!!:thumb_yello:

Bluerules
07-15-2009, 04:27 PM
OMG!!!! im going to steal her!!! I CAN'T wait for more photos!! HURRY UP!!

Dominique
07-15-2009, 04:37 PM
What a cutie and congratulations on the new family member.

Beth99
07-15-2009, 05:13 PM
She is just Darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for more pics and updates. :)

havekissedfrogs
07-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Too cute! The same mixture as my Tallulah....best dog in the world! :thumb_yello:

Belgrael
07-21-2009, 05:18 AM
Sadly this fell through. The carer could not get time to desex the pup in time for Ash to take delivery of it so asked for more money which she would refund when Ash got the pup desexed in Melbourne. Ash couldn't afford it and the fuel for the trip and decided she didn't have time to make 2 trips, one to drop off the collar and leash and the second to pick up the pup from a town an hour away.
She bought a Kelpie x pup from a pet shop today :sad:

Disappointed? You could say that. My sister tells me that she needed it to bring her out of her blues and she couldn't talk her out of it.

I've probably lambasted her a bit harshly on FB and added to her woes but I couldn't hide my sadness that my efforts to help rescue and talks about petshops and puppy mills have been in vain.

Ringtailroxy
07-21-2009, 08:34 AM
what a sad turn of events. this is what happens alot here int he states...people have the bets of intentions, but cannot make a personal sacrifice (extra money, additional driving time, change plans) that we would feel is pretty minor, and end up purchasing exactly what they want, conveniently, from the nearest puppy mill...oops...i mean backyard breeder...oops...i mean, pet store.

i would be lying if i said i have not considered buying my next ACD...but it would be from a reputable breeder, and would not be a show quality dog. i will leave those babies to the professionals...i would rather have a fine natured pat-quality dog. (since much of the judging in confirmation is just a beauty pagent)

rtr