PDA

View Full Version : Officer Moe

Lolly
07-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Back in March, Coca-Cola hired the ad agency I work for to do a really cool project with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department - "Local Heroes" Trading Cards (like baseball cards). Every week we go to a different division (13 divisions total/1500 officers) and take photos of all the officers for their cards. The week prior to each division's photography, I go out and meet the captain, talk to him/her about the project, how the shoots will work, and scout the location. Today I had a meeting at the North division. I was already in a good mood headed out there because the captain seemed pretty cool on the phone when I talked to him last week, and this particular division isn't in the 'hood!

So I get there, and am sitting in the captain's office with him and a couple of the sergeants joking around, listening to them bust on each other and getting ready to give them my spiel, when in walks a cattle dog!

"Oh my God, that's a cattle dog!" I said.

Capt said, "No it's not, he's some sort of Dingo."

Then the officer who owns Mo came in and they started telling me Mo's story. He found him in downtown Charlotte several years ago when he was out on patrol in the middle of the night, so opened his cruiser door, in hopped the dog and he's been his ever since. Mo comes to work with him every day and has run of the precinct unless they are all out on a call, then he has his own crate in the Sgt's office. He's a very handsome and friendly boy and is 10 years old. I told the capt it was cool of him to let Sgt bring his dog to work, and he said, "Mo's been here longer than I have! He has seniority!" And BTW, Capt has a 'houla dog he rescued from CMPD's Animal Control.

I told them we'll do a trading card for Mo when we're there next week, so I can't wait to see the write-up they do for him for his bio. And I'll be sure to get some outtakes of me & Mo. Capt said we could do one of him in the driver's seat of a patrol car and me in the back, under arrest! Hahaa!

littleroads
07-08-2009, 05:12 PM
What a COOL STORY!!! Make sure you post the card here too! Maybe you can get Mo to "autograph" your copy?

Belgrael
07-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Way cool Laurey!! I just love running into cattle dogs out and about. :thumb_yello:
Can't wait to see the card...please promise to upload them here!!

dingoridge
07-08-2009, 05:28 PM
And I'll be sure to get some outtakes of me & Mo. Capt said we could do one of him in the driver's seat of a patrol car and me in the back, under arrest! Hahaa!

Under arrest! And by a cattle dog no less.:naughty:
J

babswilde
07-08-2009, 05:53 PM
WOW! How fun! Yes, lets see the card. My long time buddy from 2nd grade in Amarillo, was a Milpitas, CA cop for 20 years and then a sheriff in Placer County, CA for 15 years. He's got his "card" from when he was a sheriff, and gave me one for my scrapbook.

Dominique
07-08-2009, 07:44 PM
That is way too cool. Just waiting to see Mo arrest Laurey :naughty:

Brunella
07-08-2009, 09:54 PM
So cute. Can't wait to see the cards.

k9blueheeler
07-09-2009, 12:45 AM
That is a neat story. Funny how a dog has more seniority than a Captain. That's pretty neat that Mo gets to stay at work.

Mel2001
07-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Cool! I can't wait to see the card, and Lolly's "mug shots"! :naughty:

3blues
07-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Mo arresting Lolly? :eek: Priceless!:roll1:Can't wait to see his card.

Mel2001
07-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Hey Lolly, is Mo going to arrest you for....

CATTLE RUSTLING???!!!!???
:roll1:

ChristineT
07-11-2009, 04:40 PM
I love the "No, he is some kinda Dingo" response!! :naughty:

This made my week!! Boy, did I need that! Thank you Laurey!! Cant wait to see his card.

Lolly
07-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Here's a photo of Mo from today. I brought him a blue & black Jake's Tug and he carried it around all afternoon. Good cop colors, right? We didn't have time to download the other photos to my laptop while I was still there, but I grabbed this one so y'all could see.

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//500/Mo_lo.jpg

dingoridge
07-13-2009, 06:39 PM
That is priceless!!!!!! Good colors, Lolly.
J

littleroads
07-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Fine lookin' dingo...and now Mel's Jake's Tugs will be famous too!:thumb_yello:

Lolly
07-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Okay, here's Moe's card (and it's Moe with an "e" by the way - he let me know when he filled out the form for his card.:thumb_yello:)

FRONT

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//500/CMPD_North_Moe.jpg

BACK

http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//500/CMPD_North_Moe2.jpg

Y'all are the first to see this, his daddy hasn't even seen it yet. I for one feel much safer knowing officers like Moe are out there looking out for me!

YogiBear
07-17-2009, 05:53 PM
that's adorable! thanks for sharing. Mrs YB

KAKZooKpr
07-17-2009, 05:53 PM
That is cool! Officer Moe is a good lookin' dog. :biggrin2:

Kristina

Belgrael
07-17-2009, 06:12 PM
hehe, way cool Laurey!! Nice job.

Beth99
07-17-2009, 06:55 PM
That is so cool Laurey!! Great job! :thumb_yello:

Linda Watkins
07-17-2009, 07:44 PM
He's a handsome boy -- how does one go about getting a card?

Mel2001
07-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Moe is mighty fine looking! How'd you get him to sit still on the patrol car long enough to take the photo...?! :naughty:

Dominique
07-18-2009, 08:20 AM
That is awesome I love his write up. He is a very nice looking boy.:thumb_yello:

Lolly
07-19-2009, 05:49 PM
How'd you get him to sit still on the patrol car long enough to take the photo...?! :naughty:

Moe is one of those really cool dogs who is never on a leash, goes EVERYWHERE with his daddy - Lowe's, Home Depot - and just does what he is asked. They just set him up on the car and that's where he sat! BTW, the next day he went to the vet for his annual check up and had his nails trimmed as well. He only scratched the hood a little bit. :naughty:

He's a handsome boy -- how does one go about getting a card?

Well, these particular cards, you'd have to complete rookie training at the Charlotte police department. However I was actually thinking ACD Trading Cards might be a good fundraiser. I have a good system down for the layouts and we have an affordable printer we're using for them. Think you guys would be interested? If so, I'll get prices and start on some design options!

Laurey

Linda Watkins
07-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Well, these particular cards, you'd have to complete rookie training at the Charlotte police department. However I was actually thinking ACD Trading Cards might be a good fundraiser. I have a good system down for the layouts and we have an affordable printer we're using for them. Think you guys would be interested? If so, I'll get prices and start on some design options!

Laurey

Let's get to work!

Mel2001
07-20-2009, 01:15 PM
I'd even pay for ACD rescue playing cards (in addition to trading cards)! :thumb_yello:

k9blueheeler
07-20-2009, 11:41 PM
I love the photo of the Black and Blue tug. He looks very proud to have that. The card is cool also. He looks great for his age.

LittleRedDogB&C
07-20-2009, 11:50 PM
that is just awesome!! we should all make our own cards for our dogs. that would be really cool.