PDA

View Full Version : You say potato, I say potato....

Mel2001
07-04-2009, 10:28 AM
OK, like, I'm at the grocery store yesterday and I saw this young lady (20's) with a beautiful ACD. She told me he's about 8 mos. old and his name is "Beast" (no explanation due there, lol), and her sister got him from somewhere near Julian (a beautiful town in the mountains east of San Diego).

I told her about the AuCaDo website in case she ever needed more info on the breed, etc. Anyhoo...my point is...I'm not used to actually SAYING "AuCaDo" so I wasn't sure how to pronounce it, lol!

Is it "AW-KA-DO" or "OW-KAY-DOH" or ??????? :Dunno:

Ringtailroxy
07-04-2009, 10:35 AM
i pronounce it like the words sound...

Auw (as in australia) Ka (as in cattle) DOO (in doodle)

i guess it's right, works for me!

rtr

lauralu
07-04-2009, 10:46 AM
http://www.aucado.us/forums/showthread.php?t=10721&highlight=pronounce

http://www.aucado.us/forums/showthread.php?t=10705&highlight=pronounce

:thumb_yello:

cowdogs4me
07-04-2009, 10:47 AM
i pronounce it like the words sound...

Auw (as in australia) Ka (as in cattle) DOO (in doodle)

i guess it's right, works for me!

rtr

YUP, That is it!

Lolly
07-04-2009, 10:50 AM
We've had this conversation before on here and it's so hard to SPELL how you say it. Everyone I have actually hear say it says it differently than me. Here's my best attempt at spelling how I say it, I emphasis the middle syllabol.

ah KAAAY dough

Most people I've heard say it say ah KAH doo

We need to have a Skype chat so we can all hear each other. LOL!

lauralu
07-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Yep I say

Au as in Australian
Ca as in Cattle
Do as in Dog

It's not rocket science! :naughty:

Mel2001
07-04-2009, 01:30 PM
It's not rocket science! :naughty:

It is when you're a total dork like me, lol! :roll1:

Thanks for the link to the original discussion thread on this. I missed seeing that when I first joined (May 2008). I esp. loved the "Au-Ca-DooDoo" mention, lol!

littleroads
07-05-2009, 08:26 PM
In my head I've always said it "Aw-Kay-Doe" - but, aw-(Australian) ka(cattle)-doe makes sense. :biggrin2: OK, Di - how did you mean it to sound when you set it up?

And Corene - how does AuCaDo-MI-OH pronounce it? (The forum and the rescues are not related except by our common love of the breed. :love0046:)