PDA

View Full Version : Bentleys for Chance

3blues
07-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Well it's been an interesting day here. Chance has had it coming out of both ends poor little guy. :no: I woke up early to him whining with good reason, he had soiled his entire bed. He was so unhappy. Doc thought during the night he heard Chance but thought he was dreaming it. So off to the vet we went and they threw the kitchen sink at him.

The vet listened to his heart, lungs, asked what he'd gotten into (nothing), checked his belly. They did bloodwork, an x-ray, gave him SQ intravenous fluids, fecal, a shot for nausea, & a shot of penicillan. They also gave him another shot, which he didn't care for, he fussed with that one. I think it was something that burned going in & it was pink. :s4:

He's home sleeping, he didn't have to stay there, but we're watching him closely. We've got panacur for 3 days, flagyl, & cerenia, & ID food for when he can eat tomorrow. He can have ice chips melted in a bowl today to stay hydrated. :sad:

I just went and looked in on Chance & daddy & Chance seems perkier. Please send Chance some bentleys to help him get better.

They say things come in 3's so I guess this is our third thing. So far in the last 2 weeks the plumbing went out in the kitchen, the dryer belt broke, and now Chance. I would rather it had been another appliance than our boy getting sick. He jumped yesterday when I had him out for his morning walk & I thought he'd gotten bit by a snake. I didn't see any around & checked him out, & he was fine. I did find a crabapple in the yard this afternoon. We don't have any crabapple trees in the back so I thought maybe a squirrel dropped it or something.

Oh & if that's not enough Miss Dixie killed a baby ground hog today, right in front of me. :shocked: I couldn't get to her quick enough to get her to drop it. It was cat size so no homes with cats for Dixie. I went to the eye doctor yesterday & have a scratch on my cornea from dragging brush around to the front yard. We're supposed to be going on vacation next Monday but that's not going to happen if Chance is still sick. We are very adamant about staying home when one of our dogs gets sick. We cancelled a trip to Ireland earlier this year because Molly wasn't doing very well. Poor Doc was so upset over Chance this morning he almost made himself sick. He gets very worried about Chance when there's a problem because about 3 years ago Chance had to have his belly cut open.

So I'm letting you guys, my friends, know we could use some bentleys for Chance & maybe a hug or two. :) Thanks guys & I'll let you know how he's doing.

lauralu
07-02-2009, 05:52 PM
AWWWWWWWW! Bentleys x 4, 20 crossed paws and lots of prayers for Chance and big hugs for the whole family!!!

Beth99
07-02-2009, 05:58 PM
2 Bentley's glowing here and lots of hugs & prayers sent your way. Please keep us posted.

YogiBear
07-02-2009, 06:01 PM
3 bentleys glowing and 12 paws crossed here for a speedy recovery for Chance. Mrs YB

Linda Watkins
07-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Lots of paws crossed, 2 bentleys on high & big hugs from Western Oregon.

Ringtailroxy
07-02-2009, 07:43 PM
troubles always come in clusters, don't they?

"They also gave him another shot, which he didn't care for, he fussed with that one. I think it was something that burned going in & it was pink."
that would be Vitamin B12. it does burn like the dickens!

i hope that your Chance feels better very soon!

rtr

cowdogs4me
07-02-2009, 07:57 PM
That is the point where I would partake in a bottle of Merlot:drinks_wine:
We have many bentleys glowing for chance.

:BIGHUGSBEAR:

littleroads
07-02-2009, 07:58 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/onestarfish/Glowing%20Bentleys/07_02-04AllenGlowingBentley.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/onestarfish/Glowing%20Bentleys/GlowingBentleyRody.jpg

3blues
07-02-2009, 08:21 PM
RTR you're right, I forgot about the B12 shot. That was the other one. :)

Thanks for the bentleys everyone. :) Chance seems to be hungry, he was a bit fussy when I fed everyone & he didn't get anything. So far so good, no more throwing up or diarrhea. :thumb_yello: I hope this clears up & he's feeling better tomorrow.

dingoridge
07-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Hope your boy is doing better, Martha, Bentley's on high here.
J

mycattlekids
07-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Bentleys glowing here in klamath falls to

mlanger
07-02-2009, 10:30 PM
All Bentleys here are shining AND
faux Bentleys have been applied...
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/mlanger2008/fauxbentleys7-2-09025.jpg?t=1246587967

Dominique
07-02-2009, 10:31 PM
I read this late needless to say all paws are crossed, Bentley's are lite and prayers being said for chance.

2speckledblue
07-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Rubbing Bentleys for Chance in Minnesota!

B1ueDogsMom
07-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Two bentleys and some prayers for you from Olympia.

Belgrael
07-03-2009, 12:06 AM
We have everything crossed here Martha, for Chance and for an uneventful week to come so you can get away on your holiday. Lots of hugs are flying over the ocean too! Get ready, they have doggy slobber on them from Chippy :D

k9blueheeler
07-03-2009, 03:48 AM
I have 3 Bentleys glowing and paws crossed for Chance. I hate it when my dogs get sick and not knowing what it is. I've been known to cancel activites and vacations due to my dogs. I don't like being away from them and not knowing if they are okay or not.

KAKZooKpr
07-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Prayers & glowing Bentleys that Chance will get better quickly! It's awful when our guys feel sick & we don't know why.

Hugs to you too!
Kristina

Mel2001
07-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Poor Chance, and poor Doc & you! Two more Bentleys brightly lit, and four sets of paws crossed, for all of you from the West Coast. :paw:

@Mary: I love the Puppy Bentleys! That is ADORABLE! If that doesn't help Chance, then *nothing* will, lol! :biggrin2:

Bluerules
07-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Bentleys lit!! I know what it's like! same thing happened to Sydney a couple months ago.. I was so certein it was parvo after Lilys parvo episode and Sydney only had his first two shots. I drove the 1 1/2 hour drive to the vets only for him to tell me it's extremley rare for them to get parvo after their first two shots.. couldnt have told me that over the phone eh.. Sydney got all kinds of shots to and they kept him over night just in case because it's such a far drive back if he was to get worse. Turns out he was fine must have just ate something.. maybe some kind of weed that didnt agree with him. Costed me a bunch of money just by being a worried parent lol But I least I knew he was going to be OK .. Hope Chance gets better FAST!! (love his name BTW)

3blues
07-03-2009, 12:46 PM
:Update:Thanks for all the bentleys and well wishes for Chance. Mary, I love the applied bentleys from the pups that's so adorable. :biggrin2:

Chance says a huge thank you to everyone for all the prayers & bentleys. He's feeling much better today and even decided to go out in the yard and roll around. :party0042: We're taking it easy though, don't want to upset his tummy again. We'll let you know how he's doing this weekend. If everything continues to improve we'll go on vacation.

Thanks again guys! :thumb_yello: We love you all and bentleys definitely work. :blow-kiss:

k9blueheeler
07-04-2009, 04:41 AM
Glad to hear that Chance is feeling better. That's always nice to hear. I hope he improves. Keep us posted.

Mel2001
07-04-2009, 08:36 AM
That's GREAT news!

Hey, Nash & Pandora want to know if Chance was watching too much TV and tried to go on some Hollywood crash diet to lose a few pounds, and so that's why he got sick "from both ends".... :naughty:

3blues
07-04-2009, 12:27 PM
You know Mel that's a possibility, Chance has been quite the couch potato lately. :naughty: He's got the life of Riley, everyone catering to him, unlimited TV, lounging around all day. Tell Nash and Pandora that's a good possibility.

He might have tried to go on a crabapple diet as we found one partially eaten in the backyard. :naughty: We don't know if it was Chance or a squirrel. We have to keep Chance away from Dixie though before she teaches him to try a ground hog diet. :roll1::s4:

Buela's Mom
07-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Ugh poor Chance.

And nasty little Dixie. She always did get excited about squirrels when we were out for walks. Just don't make it into a photo project like Trina did on facebook. haha

bentleys and paws for your whole crew and a needed vacation.

3blues
07-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Tonight things are still going well for Chance. He has a good appetite & is getting along well. One thing I'm concerned about is he hasn't pooped yet. He's had 2 full cans of ID. We went for a longer walk today to get things moving along but no poop yet. Hopefully we'll see some tomorrow.

Wendy I don't think you have to worry about pics with Dixie. I'm not documenting that & the foxes have already made off with the ground hog. I'm betting they took it shortly after I put it down there. :s4:

3blues
07-05-2009, 11:57 PM
:Update: Well we made it through the fireworks last night and Indy did better than I thought he would do, but daddy took care of him. Chance and I went for a walk since the fireworks were so noisy. We could actually see them as someone was shooting them off behind our house. :mad: Chance wanted to charge them but I said no & when they'd light up the sky I'd say, "Look Chance, pretty." :naughty: He would look up and didn't bark at them. That's an improvement for him.

The idea with the walk for Chance was to get him to poop which he still hasn't done. I'm concerned this is the 3rd day. I'm getting ready to take him out in a few minutes but if he doesn't poop tonight I think we'll head back to the vet tomorrow. I don't get him not pooping for this long. He seems fine and is having no problem with the ID but I would feel better if he pooped. Any ideas? He's been on ID since Friday, grand total of 3 cans, nothing else.

I'm glad for the improvement though and tomorrow he's supposed to get part ID, part dry food. We'll see what happens. Other than that he's in good spirits, seems to be feeling fine, and is playing. :biggrin2:

3blues
07-06-2009, 03:21 AM
Great news!!! Chance finally pooped!! :naughty: Yes we're doing the happy dance here. :party0006: I know it's not the best topic but now I can rest easier. Let's see how he does tomorrow with the dry food mixed in. Fingers crossed. :)

Mel2001
07-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Hooray! I'm sure Chance feels even better, too!

You know you're among good friends when you can discuss pooping issues (and are happy when it finally happens)! :biggrin2: