PDA

View Full Version : splintered nails from groomers

sugarcoma
06-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Well Ella went for her 1 year check up and vaccinations today at the vet, so on the way home we decided to stop at a groomers and get Ella's nails trimmed since we were walking past one. The lady said she could take Ella right away, asked how big she was ect. So we left Ella there and went to the store next door as she said it would only take her 5-10. Got Ella back and started down the street, when we got home i noticed that the nail on at least 4 toes are splintering and one of them was really bad, part of it was hanging off. So now Ella is afraid of letting us touch her toes so we can clip those splintering pieces. I defenitly Wont be bringing her there again.

Has anyone ever had this happen before ? This was the very first time we had someone cut her nails, we usually do this at home, was a spur of the moment idea. Poor baby, she is curled up on the couch with both of her paws curled in wards. :sad:

pmartine
06-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Oh fear of that.

I'm trying to teach Bindi to sit still for the Pedi-paws claw file.

She doesn't sit still for anything.

autiger23
06-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Man, that sucks. Scout was having brittle nails this winter and the vet had me put the liquid form Vitamin E tablets on her food, but if you guys usually do her nails with no problems, then it just sounds like someone who didn't know what they were doing or used dull clippers. :sad: That really stinks for all of you.

sugarcoma
06-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah we are usually able to do them ourselves without splintering, this person just butchered them, poor girl had a stressful day, three pokes and a spray up the nose from the vet and hurty toes from the groomer, but she is still smiling :biggrin2:

TexasCDLorenz
06-29-2009, 10:23 PM
I couldn't get the Pedipaws thing to work. I'm terrible at clipping nails. My guys hate to see the clippers come out, I almost always get the quick, but I'm not a groomer- I'm not even any good at doing my own nails:s4:

MICKEYSMOM
06-30-2009, 08:31 AM
I once hurt Mickey when I was cutting his nails and he has never let me touch his feet again...:no:

We go to the groomer once a month or so to have them done...He likes going there because they make such a fuss over him and she has 2 female Italian Greyhound that just love him...he jumps up on the table by himself and is very good...I go in with him and watch what she is doing...she cuts his nails, then smooths them out with the rotary file thingy...matter of fact, I have to get him in today for a trim...:thumb_yello:

sugarcoma
06-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Thats awesome that he enjoys going to the groomers, trimming nails is defenitly NOT fun, Ellas has to suckle her kong of peanut butter held in front of her face so that we can trim them lol