PDA

View Full Version : To Kiwi

winddrover
06-25-2009, 06:44 AM
With Australian Cattle Dogs small miracles happen once in a while.

When i tell my Kiwi to hop up on my lap, 15 kg of pure, tireless energy all of a sudden get light as a feather and as soon as all 4 of her paws touch my legs, the miracle happens:

This most challenging of my furkids that drives my crazy ever so often starts melting into my body, closer and closer. She buries her head on my chest under my chin and gives this little, oh so spezial sigh of contentment. Her whole body motionless exept her tail that wags a drum roll. Utter trust and peace for a short time.

It’s these moments that bring my soul to rest and hopefully hers as well.
Thank you Kiwi!

dingoridge
06-25-2009, 09:58 AM
To be one with a cattle dog is heaven's special gift.
J

Brunella
06-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Tuggie's spoons with me every night and every morning in bed. Those are wonderful moments. He spoons with his "dad" (my hubby) for nap times. Oh how we love that feeling. Ding isn't a snuggler.

Beth99
06-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Darcy is a snuggler, it's one of my favorite things about him. He climbs onto my lap to give me kisses in the morning, and then at night he sits across my lap with his favorite toy or bone, or... he curls up next to me to sleep. It's my favorite part of the day. :)

Jan and John at Chevland
06-26-2009, 04:24 AM
Oh Karin- that's absolutely gorgeous! My heart melted when I read about your girl. What a little beauty!

Belgrael
06-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Karin, after a pretty shocking week at work, that description just lightened my heart and brought some joy to me that was much needed.
Thank you!

Each morning I get up and let the boys outside, then Bud goes back into the bedroom with his Daddy and Chip and I go into the lounge room. I pick him up (um...he's about 29kg I think) and back over to sit on the lounge chair. I sink down and he is full length, belly up, lying against me. His head tucks into my neck and we stay like that for several minutes, with me scritching his chest and kissing his head. I love those moments in time that seem suspended in cattle dog joy.