PDA

View Full Version : Happy Gotcha Day, Sunshine!!

jrmgreer
06-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Sunshine the day I picked her up from the shelter...
http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//606/medium/happyending062108_2_1_.JPG

Sunshine today...
http://www.aucado.us/photopost/data//606/P6210094.JPG

Well, my Sunny-girl... it has been a year since I pulled you from the shelter - looking like you would drop dead on me at any moment. With some good meals (too many now - I really overdid it), good vet care, regular baths, and a lot of love, you turned around. You stole my heart the day I picked you up. Your trust and unconditional love are one of the few things this stubborn, independent woman depends on. My life would not be the same without you. You make me a better person - a better rescuer - just through your presence. You know me better than I know myself and always seem to know what I need from you to make me feel better - a wag of your nubby tail, your silly howling bark, a head in my lap while I cry over the dogs I couldn't save... Your silent support means so much to me - and I thank God every day for bringing you into my life.

I love you, my Sunshine... And here's to many more "Gotcha Days" to come...

Beth99
06-21-2009, 04:49 PM
:kleenex: (happy tears), that's a beautiful tribute Jenn.

Happy gotcha day Sunshine!!!

Seeing you happy, healthy and loved always makes me smile.

dingoridge
06-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Wonderful, Jenn, brought me to tears, there are some very special dogs that we are blessed to share our lives with--Happy Gotcha Day, Sunshine, (you know, you really are the one that saved your mama rather than the other way around).
J

littleroads
06-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Has it been a year already? Here is Sunshine's original thread for those who don't know her story:

http://www.aucado.us/forums/showthread.php?t=11995&highlight=Sunshine

Sunshine, I remember your mama not wanting to get too close to you, because she was afraid she was going to have to give you up...but it didn't take long til you had her heart totally wrapped around your paws...and she wasn't gonna let go for nothin'!!!

Happy Gotcha Day, dear Sunshine, you've enriched your mama's life more than you'll ever know!

lauralu
06-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh Wow...I went back a read the whole first thread and now I am all teary too! YAY Sunshine have a wonderful day, and yes...many, many more to come!

Brunella
06-21-2009, 06:15 PM
What a lovely tribute to Sunshine on her Gotcha Day. May the two of you share many, many, many more Gotcha Day celebrations together in the years to come. :thumb_yello:

Okie dokey, just went back and read her rescue post (which Eileen posted the link to). WOW is all I can say. Jenn this sweet girl was CLEARLY meant to be with you. Her shelter pix were heartbreaking but by the the last pix you posted there Sunshine looked like a healthy, happy girl. And as many others mentioned, Sunshine and your daughter make quite a wonderful pair. Sunshine's "Gotcha Day" really is a cause for celebration.

Every time I see shelter pix like Sunshine's I remember Tugger in the shelter and my hubby wondering if Tuggie's was sickly. He wasn't ... he was just the saddest boy EVER. Now, he is the HAPPIEST boy ever. I had to wait to post because after they both had their supper the sat on either side of me for tummy scritches.

Oh Jenn, give that sunny girl hugs from the rainy Jersey Shore.

Dominique
06-21-2009, 08:50 PM
I can't believe it has already been a year what a wonderful tribute you made for her.

dickmar
06-21-2009, 09:25 PM
What a beauty Sunshine turned into, Happy Gotcha Day to you both.

jrmgreer
06-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys!! I would never have found my Sunny girl without your support!

Kita's Mom
06-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Sunshine!!!!!

3blues
06-22-2009, 01:42 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Sunshine, you sweet girl!! Your mom would be lost without you.

Darn allergies. :kleenex:

Mel2001
06-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Jenn, these are the loving stories/tributes that help us to trudge forward in rescue help. For every lost dog, may there be a hundred Sunshines to make up for it.

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, SUNSHINE, YOU BEAUTIFUL GIRL!

May you always lift you momma's spirits!

Every time I see shelter pix like Sunshine's I remember Tugger in the shelter and my hubby wondering if Tuggie's was sickly. He wasn't ... he was just the saddest boy EVER. Now, he is the HAPPIEST boy ever. I had to wait to post because after they both had their supper the sat on either side of me for tummy scritches.

Bru...I'm confused...Tug AND your husband sat on either side of you for tummy scritches??!? :roll1:

Brunella
06-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh Mel...:roll1:

Mercifully no Tuggie and Hubby didn't need tummy scritches...Tuggie and DING needed tummy scritches (and Ding would've pushed hubby outta the way if he even tried to get in on her tummy scritches)..

LM*O in still rainy NJ/

Bluerules
06-22-2009, 10:18 AM
AWE Happy Tears here too.. so beautifuly said .. whenever I try to talk about how much I love Sandy I just never know the right words but you said it so beautifuly.. Happy Gotcha Day Sunshine!!

Lolly
06-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the cry, Jenn!! Ha! Happy Tears of course. I can't believe it's been a year already. Your and Sunshine's story is one of my favorites and it was a pleasure to revisit it from day one and even more a pleasure to celebrate her Gotcha Day and her new, happy life with her wonderful Forever Family! HUGS to you all!! :flower