PDA

View Full Version : My naughty ACD

Brooklynsmom
06-16-2009, 08:46 PM
My ACD is 6 months old and has had few accidents in the house,but today she went on the carpet.Never mind the fact she was standing by the front door(which was OPEN,with me standing on the stairs,she was tehtered to me ).....
She backed off the linoleum that is in the doorway,and peed on the carpet next to it,while I was watching her!:badmood:She didn't whine like she normally does when she has to go,and gave me that "look"(you know the look i'm talking about) - like she knew it was not allowed,but could really care less.:naughty:
I told her NO and brought her outside ( of course,she just wanted to play,not go!)
I think she was testing the limits of allowable behavior .What do you guys think,and how should I handle her if she does it again?

3blues
06-16-2009, 08:50 PM
I'd say if you're standing there with the door open go ahead & take her out. She might've been confused about why you weren't going out & just had to go. Or she may have decided to test you as you said. :naughty: I'd do it the same way again, tell her no & take her out.

lucystrauss
06-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Naughty puppy! She is still a puppy though....they do have accidents once in a while. Where you standing there facing her the whole time or were you doing something else and she just had to go?

As for going on the carpet instead of the linoleum - I think a lot of dogs prefer carpet because it's soft. My house is all hardwood and slate flooring with a smattering of area rugs. When I had my labs, they'd often get into something and 100% of the time would vomit on one of the rugs. When my ACD was still having accidents in the house, it was also always on a rug.

Songbird
06-17-2009, 03:11 PM
We had Ozzie housebroken the first week after we brought him home from the Rescue, but about 2 months after he had been settled in with us, he peed on the carpet right in front of me - two days in a row - as if he was supposed to do that. I'll admit I blew up at him and came down pretty hard on him - and he never did it again after that.

I have two ideas why he may have done this. 1. We had been taking him over to the river for off-leash walks daily - and praising him lavishly when he peed in front of us out in the field - so he got it in his head that peeing was something you got praise for wherever you do it. OR: 2. He was going through his super-rebellious period and was just trying to show us that we couldn't tell him what to do. I'm thinking it may have been the second option since we had a week in there that he was really out of control and rebellious.

Brooklynsmom
06-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Yes,my little red gal is testing me....she piddled inside 2x today right after coming in from potty break.Ahhhh,puppies!

She also saved some poo to deposit at the park,and did it while walking!She didnt miss a step! I didnt realize she "went" until I walked past it on our second lap on the walking trail and realized that while walking at heel(on her own accord,),she was dropping "pooplets" along without breaking stride!:naughty: What a cheeky pup!
This dog will find a way... to get her way.....:biggrin2:

k9blueheeler
06-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Auh puppies. The things they do that amaze us and make us mad. I can honestly say I know what it's like to be walking a dog and have it poop without missing a beat. It's happened to me. I did realized that something was going on when the other dog I was walking wanted to stop and sniff.

3blues
06-18-2009, 02:32 AM
My girl Molly walks & poops. :no: Darndest thing I've ever seen, she's always done it though.

Talking about peeing on carpet, Indy pooped on the rug tonight. :banghead: I was so mad that he did that 'cause it was diarrhea & lots of it. :no: It's hard to be too mad at him though. He got into Chance's food last night & helped himself so he had a sick tummy today. Gotta send the rug to the cleaners now. :s4: