PDA

View Full Version : Our Red Ryder

HKFaith
06-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Here is a recent picture of our Red Dog - our failed foster boy. He is an amazing animal!! He is your typical cattledog - loyal, loving, irritating, always under foot, mouthy, adorable, infuriating, irresistible, huggable, goofy... *sigh* - We do absolutely love him, silliness and all!

We love the way that he lays on his back, all 4 legs stretched out (we tease him that he looks like a dead carcass bloating in the sun) or when he lays on his tummy with all 4 legs stretched out (like a frog). He is fabulous with the toddler and baby. He can jump a mile high (he likes to jump the 3 foot fence separating the kids' yard from the dogs' yard without ever touching the top of the fence - repeatedly showing off his agility).

We are starting leadership classes on the 24th of June, and then maybe some agility or rally training. We'll see.

I think Josie has finally accepted the fact that he is here to stay. :naughty:

We are working on NOT charging through every gate or door - but he does have good stock sense and we are looking forward to spending more time with him on the ranch. Oh! And he gets to accompany us to the rodeo tomorrow!

Anyways, here is our Red boy...

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/tim_heidi/redryder.jpg

DrArin
06-12-2009, 02:33 PM
one blue eye?? cool!

dingoridge
06-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Gorgeous boy!!! And yes, fits all the quirks-----ummmmm--traits of an ACD.
J

littleroads
06-12-2009, 02:54 PM
WOW!!! CONGRATS on yet ANOTHER new member of the family - and hope Josie will fall in love with him too!

FletchMom
06-12-2009, 03:06 PM
he is HANDSOME!! but then again I am partial to red boys! :)

Jayne & the motley crew
Penny (lhasa apso)
Cash (JRT)
Fletch (ACD)

Dominique
06-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Good looking boy failed fosters are the best.:)

lucystrauss
06-12-2009, 05:24 PM
He is beautiful!!

The main reason I don't think I could foster is I'd fail every time too :p

Belgrael
06-12-2009, 07:25 PM
What a lovely boy Heidi!! Congrats on becoming a failed foster :thumb_yello:
How cool that he gets on so well with the kids too. I'm sure Josie will love him soon too!

3blues
06-12-2009, 11:59 PM
What a sweetie face, he's just precious. :biggrin2:

HKFaith
06-13-2009, 10:42 AM
He's always good for a laugh, that's for sure! And Hunter (our 2-year old son) calls Red "my Red dog" - they are a good match. Every boy should have a dog of his own! He hauls poor Red around by his collar, lays on him, throws the ball for him...it's adorable!

As for Josie, she is doing great with him - I think it helps that he's a boy and she's a (more...uh...mature) lady. The only problem with 2 cattledogs in the house to trip over is that they continually boss each other around!! LOL