PDA

View Full Version : I love my Bluedog

Bluedog04
06-09-2009, 10:10 PM
I just wanted to express my love for my bluedog. Here is a picture of him. Everyday I am overcome with emotion for my bluedog. He is a great dog. Although he has some physical issues, I would not change a thing about him. I love this dog so much it is hard to put into words.
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com//mmps/RECIPIENT/002_325137f9a65a2ba0_1/2?inviteToken=aELrmkPK57hp08IkLhx0&limitsize=258,258&outquality=90&squareoutput=255,255,255&ext=.jpg&iconifyVideo=true&wm=1

lauralu
06-09-2009, 10:15 PM
He is so handsome! I think I know how you feel...aren't dogs the greatest?!!!

cowdogs4me
06-09-2009, 10:17 PM
WORDS ARE NOT REQUIRED.
WE UNDERSTAND.
HE IS VERY HANDSOME:thumb_yello:

Linda Watkins
06-09-2009, 10:23 PM
I feel that way about my Sam -- I adore that boy, even though he can be a neurotic little squirrel -- I look at him & think that there's not a more perfect creature in all of creation and I marvel at whatever or whoever or however he came to be and am so very grateful that he came to me.

Jake&Tex
06-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Yep, understood here too! Your bluedog looks a lot like my Tex in the face (eye-patch on same side, and looks to have a little bit of a "shiner" on the other one) :-)

Bluedog04
06-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Shooter is the best dog I have ever had, and that is saying alot. My first Bluedog was my sweetheart and she died a horrible death. I loved Suzy with all my heart, but that was not enough to keep her safe. She died at the vet after a bad decision on their part. After that I commited myself to giving my new bluedog the best life I can.

lauralu
06-09-2009, 10:47 PM
I am so sorry about Suzy, but I know she is smiling down on you knowing you did the best you could for her. I am glad you found Shooter. Perhaps Suzy led him to you.

Bluedog04
06-09-2009, 10:54 PM
I hope so. As a guy I am not supposed to cry, but when Suzy was taken from me I cried for a long time. I hope Shooter and I have a long life together. God bless all of you that love ACDs. They are the greatest dogs of all.

lauralu
06-09-2009, 11:30 PM
I hope so. As a guy I am not supposed to cry, but when Suzy was taken from me I cried for a long time. I hope Shooter and I have a long life together. God bless all of you that love ACDs. They are the greatest dogs of all.

It's OK to cry! Hayley, the dog in my avatar also died at the vet...she was misdiagnosed. I cried for months after she died and I still cry for her. She was my heart!

Suzy will always be with you, and Shooter too!

Jan and John at Chevland
06-10-2009, 04:38 AM
Ahhh you are just one big softy - just like the rest of us! And you know - it's alright to be that way.

Dominique
06-10-2009, 06:36 AM
If it makes you feel any better Jim cried like a baby after Ellie went to the bridge in fact the entire lost it. I understand how you feel I love my blue boys in a way that words could never describe.

Bluerules
06-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I feel exactly the same way about my dogs esp Sandy. this feeling is like more then just 'love'.

Mel2001
06-10-2009, 08:45 AM

It's OK to cry, esp. for your family. :paw:

Oh, and btw, Bluedog04, meet RickAKAFishslayer...who frequently has "allergy attacks" or "gets things in [his] eye". He's another big softie on AuCaDo! :naughty:

dingoridge
06-10-2009, 09:22 AM

My sweet ACD boy went to the Bridge last June 13, I still shed tears for that wonderful dog, for me my heart dog of all time, I have other ACDs and absolutely love them to pieces and yep, there are a couple of heart dogs in there too.

Don't know if you knew, but this breed comes with heart claws--they are like dew claws but attach to the heart--the human heart--and once imbedded in your heart they are impossible to remove. There is no other breed like an ACD--I've had several other breeds and I loved them but the ACD standard (written in invisible ink by the way) states beware of the heart claws, they grab on and never let go.

Yep, tears also come with an ACD--the only way to never shed a tear is to never own an ACD. And they are the only dog that comes with Bentley Power, that touch from the Almighty, making them the only breed with the "white powder" of a Divine thumb when each was finished.
J

YogiBear
06-10-2009, 08:06 PM

DITTO to that. They're absolutely priceless. Mrs YB:thumb_yello:

Brunella
06-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Every night I make sure I kiss both my blue boy and my red girl good night. And yup sometimes I just look at them and can't believe how much I love them. They are so amazing. As I was reading this thread my red girl (Ding) was snuggled against my ankle while I stroked her chest. These dogs, they just define the word LOVE, don't they?