PDA

View Full Version : Darwin and The Guinea Pig

LovCattleDogs1
02-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Ok, now I have seen everything. I got a baby guinea pig this past Monday to keep my other guinea piggie company. She is the cutest little thing...about the size of a small potato. Now, Darwin has seen guinea pigs since he was 6 weeks old...we have always had one. THIS piggie has him fascinated! And I mean REALLY fascinated. I was eating pizza in the other room with Vinnie and Izzy doing the big beg and where was Darwin? Staring down the little piggie. He wants to eat the poor thing I think. And He has been very aggressive to me and other 4 leggers when we are near the piggie's cage. What is up with this? Does Darwin think this new piggie is a threat to his pack standing or what? And I thought I knew about dogs.....NOT! :eek:

mycattlekids
02-02-2007, 10:09 PM
AAAAAAWWWWWWWW, I love guinea pigs.. they are cute and I also love the sounds they make.. glad darwin does well with the little ones...

joanne

ScrubbyCreek
02-02-2007, 11:08 PM
He probably thinks you got him a new squeaky toy! :confused:

Belgrael
02-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Veronica, ROFL.:Roflol::Hungry:

Sheree, that reminds me of Sparky meeting a bunny when he was 16 and the fascination was just as bad. I swear he wanted to eat it but had absolutely no idea how to go about it. :Clueless: He paced outside its cage for ages, darting back and forth every time the bunny moved. It was a crack up!!

Here he is giving it a lick. ROFL

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o59/Belgrael/NeerimSouth004.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o59/Belgrael/NeerimSouth005.jpg

Rock Hill
02-03-2007, 09:31 AM
HAHA!! Darwin may be waiting for the right moment to eat piggy. I don't know if they are tastier than pizza though....
We have a hampster, Dragon & Pandora will sit there & look at him (Henry). sometimes they will just sit there for several minutes very still. i know they are waiting to play (aka eat) him, lol!!!
Congrats on adding a new furry friend to your household.

Nevada001
02-03-2007, 10:00 AM
It seems Darwin is thinking along the food chain:tongue0022: Mine are definately interested in little critters that move fast, not sure what they would do if they caught it.

Jean & Girls

LovCattleDogs1
02-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Di,

I love the pics of Sparky and the bunny! I'm quite sure Darwin and Vinnie would have had the bunny hanging out of their mouth by the head within 10 seconds! Sparky is being a very good boy! LOL

artcrab
02-03-2007, 12:49 PM
I would agree that he probably thinks its a chew toy! We have an enormously large guinea pig and Buckeye is very protective of him. If any other visiting dogs come over and get near the cage, she barks at them. When Pig (that's his name) is out and about with us, Buckeye licks him and nudges his nose with hers. Just to be safe, we don't allow them to be alone unattended.:tongue0022:

Boots Ma
02-03-2007, 01:20 PM
:eek: My first post!!! I have no idea how to do anything on this site. The photo thing seems complicated. I can see this will take some time. I'd like to put a photo of Boot as an avatar but I don't have a clue.....

That is some story about Darwin and your new Guinea pig. I wonder what it is about this piggy that gets him going. Perhaps the babies smell different then
adults. When we got Riser we had pet mice. For him, watching them them running around in their cage was fascinating. Paul called it doggy television. We hated the part where he'd lick his lips. Good thing the mice never escaped..........I'd hate to think.....Luckily, they died of old age.:)

Keep us posted on how things evolve. I'd love to see a picture of your new addition. When my son was young we had a Guinea Pig named Wheezer that lived for 8 years.

Kay

LovCattleDogs1
02-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Here is the proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eiw4KwrMTxk

I live with weirdness.

Sheree:tongue0015:

Dominique
02-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Sheree that was too funny that poor litle piggy Iam suprized her little heart has not jumped out yet. I loved the shot where Darwin looked up at you like he was saying " mom there is a new piggy in the cage can it be my friend" I may be way off here but I don't think Darwin wants to eat it I just think he is wanting to check it out but then again I would be afraid to let him check it out any closer that thru the bars.

Dominique:tongue0015:

mwimmer
02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Sheree,

Rosey has always been around cats, but has 1 she chases for some reason. I think it might be personal:tongue0013:

Marijo

Nevada001
02-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Sheree

That is just too funny:) Darwin has an obession with that little guy. What is so strange you have had the other for awhile, I just wonder why he is so fasinated with the new one. Interesting.

Jean & Girls