PDA

View Full Version : Help Calling References

noworriesjake
12-24-2008, 01:01 AM
One of the biggest things we find we need help doing seems rather small but it's an essential part of our adoption process. When a potential adopter fills out our questionnaire, we ask for three personal references. These people need to be called before we move onto the home visit. We have a reference check form so the questions we need answered are laid out for you. We have two wonderful folks who help us out frequently -- Lean (myanniegirl) and Alissa (Piper & Stryker's mommy) -- and they do a fantastic job filling this need for us. This month alone they've called for five different adoption applications. We can't thank them enough. :flower We felt horrible about asking them again and again although I know they enjoy being able to help another ACD find that perfect home or weed out the ones that shouldn't have one of our dogs. We would like to add a handful of folks to our list for calling references. If you have a heart for rescue and want to help but you're just not sure how. there's a thread on here called 100 Ways to Help Rescue as well as our R&R Volunteer Sheet which gives you some ideas of the ways our rescue specifically needs help. Sometimes the littlest things help us the most!

lynelle
12-24-2008, 01:32 AM
I will look for the thread and sign up there but checking references would be a great job for me, it's what I do in real life. But I would love to help and will check it out!

dingoridge
12-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks, Lynelle, that would be very helpful for us as Mel said. We need people to listen for what's said and what's not said and help us find those people who would be a great home and weed out those who wouldn't take care of our dogs and give them the best homes. We will be in touch and again thanks.
J

DPinMD
12-24-2008, 09:46 AM
I'd be happy to do this as well! Add me to the list!:biggrin2:

NCJONI54
12-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Silly girls.....ask me! ask me!!

competitivek9s
12-24-2008, 12:08 PM
I don't mind helping out, but only in Canada if possible, as calls to US get really expensive for me...

noworriesjake
12-24-2008, 12:43 PM
We typically don't adopt out that far away from us but I'll put you down just in case the situation ever does arise -- thanks!

noworriesjake
08-31-2009, 08:19 PM
We could use some more volunteers for help calling references -- our current volunteers have been kept busy and we'd like to spread the love! This is a crucial part of both our foster home and adoptive home process and we could really use a helping paw from our fellow forum members! We're not alone in needing this help so if you want to volunteer for another rescue closer to you, I know they'd love to hear from you!

Ringtailroxy
08-31-2009, 08:31 PM
ooh...sign me up! i'm the puppy nazi!

rtr:devil: