PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Toys

nlper999
02-02-2007, 03:57 AM
Ruby got a $.92 Walmart squeaky toy for Christmas. It is green, rubber filled with foam, like a little space alien.

It is now more than a month past Christmas and this squeaky has survived. Maybe it is because it has all kinds of little Antennae, but she hasn't shredded this toy like all the others.

I will squeeze the toy in the AM and say, "Ruby, let's sing!" and she will "ah oh whoo" along with the squeaky.

Then she will try to hide it from me, or bury it in the yard.

And then later in the day she will bring it to me, to throw down the living room to the kitchen. Maybe it is teaching her to have a soft mouth on fetch.

E

Dominique
02-02-2007, 09:14 AM
We have 3 of those little alliens guys at our house and each dogs knows which one is theres Mariah will not go out side to go potty with out and if she leaves in the yard she goes and gets it before she will coe back in. Leo sleeps with his in his mouth and being a golden just carries it all day in his mouth. Ellie Mea plays fetch with hers and at nigh puts under my pillow there are times I forget it is there befor I go to bed and roll on it in the middle of the night and it about gives me a heart attack then Ellie just looks at me and grumbles growls at me like she is saying leave my toy alone it is mine.

Dominique:D

sierrasuenos
02-02-2007, 11:06 AM
LOL!:Roflol:

nlper999
02-27-2007, 10:53 PM
>Leo sleeps with his in his mouth and being a golden just carries it all day in his mouth. <

Most uncharacteristically, Ruby still has not shredded this toy, and plays with it outside all day, and brings it in for fetch at night. It is a bit slimy, but otherwise like new.

Dominique
02-28-2007, 08:53 AM
The oldest green guy at my house is 2 years old and still going strong I give it a bath now and then. The have a bunch of those squekies and they all last that long.

Nevada001
02-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Good for Ruby. Wish I could say the same however those type of toys last just a few seconds around here before torn to pieces. We stick with kongs and orbee balls they really last.:Smiles (9):

Jean & Girls

competitivek9s
02-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Anything with stuffing is done for in my place... My ACD sucks it until it is soaking wet, then the Mals shred it... best I've found so far are the Cuz's... eventually they stop squeeking, and lose feet, but stay for the most part intact... for a while anyhow, LOL

CKBozeman
02-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Ruger and Lily used to be hell-bent on killing the squeaky but, I guess it's because of their "maturity", they've recently decided it's best to savor the squeak. Except for Santa Bobo - he had to die!

dogfool
02-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Boon is the ultimate squeaker surgeon, he leaves a small incision and removes the sqeaker out of everyones toys, Kylee ( basset Diva) gets pisssed and the aggressively tears her toy apart, as to say you ruined it it's no good any more! She has stuffed hotdog toys that she really gets upset about. BOon does not let any one have a toy for long, he is the possesser!!!!!!

Brunella
02-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Those squeakers from WalMart sound pretty good. In our house Tugger is the squeaky surgeon but he is not very neat about it. Ding likes her toys neatly intact and gets very angry when Tugg dismantles one. I bought a plastic squeaky Santa thingy over a year ago (after 2005 C'mas) at Petco and it is Tugg's FAVORITE he has never harmed it and happily plays with it and wants to bring it around the house and outside. Its kinda shaped like a 1/4 moon and looks really funny in his mouth (like a big plastic smile).

I wanna find the .92 cent squeakers at WalMart!