PDA

View Full Version : ACD Rescue in Texas & Louisiana

Lolly
06-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Helen Marcus - ACD Rescue & Foster Angel and one of the few hands-on ACD rescuers in the Great State of Texas - is trying to organize people in her area who are interested in helping with ACD rescue. Please see her note below and contact her if you'd like to be a part of her contact list.

Thanks!
Laurey

I am trying to see who in Texas and Louisiana might be interested in trying to get a little more organization in our effort to help cattle dogs. I would like to see if we can find more cattle dog people to help with that breed. And if anybody knows of an organization or rescue that work only with cattle dogs in Texas please let me know.

Thanks for your time,
Helen Marcus
[email protected]
Austin, Tx area
512-423-3307

Lolly
06-14-2008, 06:16 PM
P.S. would one of our awesome moderators please go back and spell Louisiana correctly for me in the Title.

:fryingpan:

noworriesjake
06-14-2008, 09:31 PM
P.S. would one of our awesome moderators please go back and spell Louisiana correctly for me in the Title.

:fryingpan:

You got it! :naughty:

sjmclain
06-19-2008, 08:02 PM
I have long wished that the few ACD rescuers here were more unified. I'd love to be part of an actual established rescue but I have neither the facilities nor resources to start one. We rent our house so we're seriously limited on how many dogs we can have on the property.

I don't know how much it would help, but I've had an idea for years for a Texas-specific ACD rescue website - a place for all of us to list contact information, and post dogs in need. But it seems like it might just be redundant.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

jrmgreer
06-19-2008, 08:53 PM
I think that is a great idea, Sarah. We could list what we can contribute to rescue at the moment (foster, transport, pulls, evaluations and assessments, vetting, etc.). If there are others in the Houston area that would like to meet and discuss this - maybe we could have a "get together" and brainstorm . . .